Escape to Paradise: Pagosa Springs' #1 Resort & Spa Awaits!

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

Escape to Paradise: Pagosa Springs' #1 Resort & Spa Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into "Escape to Paradise: Pagosa Springs' #1 Resort & Spa Awaits!" This isn't your average cookie-cutter hotel review, we're going FULL-BODIED experience, warts and all. Because, let's be honest, perfection is boring.

First Impressions: Paradise Found, or Maybe Just a Really Nice Hotel?

Alright, so "Escape to Paradise"… that's a big claim. And, truth be told, when I pulled up, I was like, "Okay… it's a nice building." Not necessarily the gates of Heaven, but definitely a step up from the Motel 6 I stayed at last week after that road trip. The exterior corridor design, well, it wasn't exactly stunning, but it provided a good breeze. They've got all the obvious safety stuff covered, like CCTV everywhere, and a 24-hour front desk. Important stuff! The check-in was a breeze (contactless, thank goodness – I’m still not a fan of touching everything). The staff? Super friendly. Like, genuinely friendly. No forced smiles, just real, down-to-earth people who seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. That's a huge win in my book.

The Room: My Sanctuary (and Occasional Battleground with the Remote)

Okay, let's get real. The room. The sanctuary! The place you retreat to to recharge and, uh, sometimes get lost in the Netflix abyss.

  • The Good: The bed? Heavenly. Seriously. I sank in and didn't want to get up. Extra-long bed? Yes, please! The blackout curtains? My savior. I slept like a log. The free Wi-Fi was a godsend, especially since they advertised Wi-Fi in ALL rooms. And hey, they also provide a coffee/tea maker. They even have a desk with a decent chair.
  • The Not-So-Good: The first time I stepped in, I immediately turned my head to a closet -- it's the little sanctuary that's waiting for you to turn your back on the world and get away to a clean space. A little bit of the room's design felt a bit dated, and the TV remote and its infinite menu that I'm sure came pre-programmed with a thousand shows. I swear, I spent a solid 15 minutes just trying to find a decent movie!

Accessibility Matters: A Quick Look

Important stuff here--they're touting accessibility! This is crucial. While I don't personally require full accessibility, it's good to know that they've got facilities for disabled guests. They also have elevators, which is amazing.

Things to Do (and Things I Actually Did):

Okay. So, "Escape to Paradise" implies… well, things to do. Let's see.

  • The Spa: Alright, here's where things got good. I succumbed to the body scrub and wrap. I'm not gonna lie, at first, I felt a little awkward, like a giant, sandy pretzel. But then…pure bliss. They have a steamroom and a sauna. After the scrub and wrap, I felt like I'd been reborn. Seriously. My skin was GLOWING. I was ready to face the (admittedly not-so-threatening) world.
  • The Pool: The outdoor pool, with a view. It's a must. It might not be right out of a magazine, but it's still pretty nice. And there's a poolside bar. That's always a good sign.
  • Fitness Center: I peeped inside. It had equipment. I did not enter. Okay, so maybe "things to do" should have been "things I considered doing."
  • Things I ignored: The gym, the business facilities (I was on vacation, dammit!), the "indoor venue for special events" (unless a surprise flash mob breaks out, it was safe), and the gift shop (I was too busy relaxing).

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Where the Calories (and Fun) Begin

This is where I REALLY judge a place. And honestly? They did pretty darn well.

  • Breakfast (Buffet or A La Carte?): The breakfast buffet was a solid option. It was good. There was a buffet. (I mean, what else can I say?) There was a good coffee/tea in restaurant. I think they had a coffee shop, too, but there are too much options.
  • Restaurants (Variety is the spice of life, right?): I ate at the restaurant that had Western cuisine. It was good, tasty.
  • The Bar: You bet your bottom dollar I went to the bar. Happy hour? Yes, please. The bar? It was a good bar.
  • Snacks and Stuff: I’m a sucker for a snack bar. They had snacks. I ate them. No regrets. They also had bottled water. Because staying hydrated is key.

Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID Chapter

This is important, especially now. They were serious about hygiene. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection? Check. They showed that they had hand sanitizer; also they had hygiene certification. They even have the room sanitization opt-out available. (I opted in because I'm a germaphobe, okay?). They have these things called "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items."

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

  • Concierge: Helpful. They steered me in the right direction.
  • Laundry service and dry cleaning: Always useful, especially after the body scrub incident.
  • Daily Housekeeping: My room was always spic and span.

For the Kids (and the Kid in All of Us):

I don't have kids, but I still peeked. They have "Family/child friendly" tags, and they offer Babysitting service.

Getting Around:

Free parking? Bless you, Escape to Paradise! Airport transfer? Awesome.

The Verdict: Would I Really Escape to Paradise Again?

Honestly? YES. Absolutely. It's not perfect. No place is. But it's a solid, well-run resort with some truly outstanding features (the spa, the bed, the friendly staff).

Here's my offer:

Tired of the grind? Craving REAL relaxation? Escape to Paradise in Pagosa Springs!

Imagine: Stepping into your spacious and comfy room. The best bed to tuck into after a long day of adventure!

What you'll get:

  • Unforgettable Spa Experience: Melt away stress with a body scrub and wrap.
  • Delicious Dining: From a tempting buffet breakfast that will start your day with a smile. Enjoy dinner at any one of their diverse restaurant options!
  • Pure Relaxation: Lounge by the outdoor pool.

Book your Escape to Paradise now and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view!

Don't wait! Your paradise awaits!

Click here to book now!

Nuee Tulum: Your Dream Tulum Escape Awaits (Luxury Included!)

Book Now

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn’t your sanitized travel brochure itinerary. This is real travel, complete with questionable decisions, existential dread (possibly), and a whole lotta “wait, what did I just do?” My trip to The Springs Resort and Spa in Pagosa Springs? Let’s just say… it was an experience.

The Springs Resort & Spa Pagosa Springs: A Hot Mess of Relaxation (and Other Stuff)

(Okay, technically, this is a schedule. But don’t expect timelines. My internal clock operates on "vaguely hungry" and "is that a nap opportunity?")

Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious, Sulfuric Embrace

  • Morning (ish): Woke up in Denver. Forgot to set the alarm to compensate for mountain time. Was immediately late. Managed to wolf down a lukewarm bagel (the only breakfast option in the hotel; what kind of hotel doesn't have a decent breakfast?) before making a chaotic dash to pick up my rental car - a frankly intimidating Jeep. Driving down the mountains was exhilarating, but my stomach did a surprisingly intense pre-spa anticipation waltz.
  • Afternoon: Arrived at The Springs. The place… looks idyllic. Picture-perfect, all the Instagram things. Except, the parking lot was an absolute cluster. Found a spot vaguely near something that might be the front desk after circling for approximately the entire duration of the 'Friends' theme song. Check-in… smooth enough, I guess. Except when I realized I'd booked a room with a king bed. I’m a solo traveler. Apparently, my brain decided I DESERVED to spread out. I’m not sure about that, but anyway…
  • The Pools! Oh, the Pools! (And My Existential Dread) The crown jewel of the resort. I mean, it’s the whole reason I came! First, the "adults-only" pool. Bliss. Quiet. Serene. Then, oh god, the sulfur smell. It's strong. Like, really strong. I’m not sure if it's the smell of relaxation or a thousand rotten eggs. But I plunged in anyway, and the warm water was an instant invitation to the calm I craved. Sat there, staring at the San Juan River, trying to contemplate life. Actually considered if I'd made any good life choices lately…
  • Evening: Dinner at the resort restaurant, The Lantern. Food? Okay. Not mind-blowing, but decent. The service, however, was a little… leisurely. Watched the sun set (beautiful, naturally) and felt my shoulders unclench.

Day 2: Spa Day – and a Crisis of Confidence

  • Morning: The whole point of this trip was spa stuff! The Springs Resort actually has a pretty extensive menu of treatments. Booked a massage and a facial. Felt like a true princess. Or, you know, a slightly stressed-out person attempting self-care in the face of the impending doom of the modern world.
  • The Massage: A Deep Tissue Dive into My Soul. Oh my sweet merciful lord. I opted for a deep tissue massage because, apparently, I thought my muscles could handle it. They couldn't. At all. The masseuse, a woman who seemed to possess the strength of a thousand oxen, started on my back. And it hurt. Like, a good, satisfying hurt? Not really. I think I may have whimpered. I tried to maintain my composure; I’d committed to not asking her to be gentler. But it was like she was trying to excavate my vertebrae.
  • The Facial: A More Gentle Approach. A much more relaxing experience. The facial was great. My skin felt… well, it felt like skin! Not like the desiccated desert landscape that I had been working with. But during the treatment there was a moment where I looked in the mirror and saw…I’m not sure what, but it wasn’t reassuring. Is that what my face looks like? Have I been doing this? The aesthetician (who was, wonderfully, quiet) must've sensed my emotional turmoil. She gave me a comforting little face massage.
  • Afternoon: More pools. Still slightly obsessed with the sulfur smell. It's growing on me. Started to feel like I was getting used to the whole “spa” thing, which is probably the point.
  • Evening: Dinner! This time, I decided to wander off the resort. Found a local diner where my waitress had a tattoo in the shape of a lightning bolt on her wrist. The burger was simple but excellent.

Day 3: Pagosa Springs Discovery, and a Bit of a Freak Out

  • Morning: Decided to actually explore Pagosa Springs. Hiked a bit. The scenery is genuinely breathtaking. Thought about how much better I'd feel if I actually exercised regularly (spoiler alert: I don't). Went to a local shop. The woman behind the counter had the most dazzling smile. I think there was a moment when I really considered changing my life and moving there. But, you know. Life as it is.
  • Afternoon: The Pagosa Springs Experience, Re-lived. Took some time to revisit my favorite pools. The ones with the hot water. Had a moment where I legitimately considered moving to Pagosa Springs.
  • Evening: Packing. Driving back to Denver. The dread of returning to my everyday life (and the mountain of laundry that will inevitably greet me). But… I also feel… somehow… renewed. Maybe two weeks of relaxation didn't fix everything, but it definitely helped. Maybe I’ll come back soon. Probably.
  • Final Thought: This place is worth your time if you can handle the sulfur smell. Embrace the weirdness, find a pool you like (or all of them), and don't expect perfection. Sometimes, just being in the right place, even if it's "smelly," is enough. And maybe, just maybe, you'll realize you don’t need to spread out in a king-sized bed to feel something.

P.S. If you go, get a massage. But maybe, uh, tell them to take it easy on you. Unless that's your thing. In that case, Godspeed, you beautiful masochist.

Ibis Milano Ca Granda: Your Milan Escape Awaits!

Book Now

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

Escape to Paradise: Pagosa Springs' #1 Resort & Spa - (Okay, Maybe…FAQ?)

So, is this *actually* paradise? Because, you know… marketing.

Alright, alright, let's be real. Paradise? Maybe not *literal* paradise, with angels and whatnot. (Unless the hot springs are actually holy water in disguise, then… hmm.) But, look, it's damn close. I'm talking seriously comfy beds, fluffy robes that make you feel like a glamorous marshmallow, and views that will make your Instagram followers *jealous*. I went there last year, expecting the usual: slightly stale muffins, a tiny pool, and a general sense of being ripped off. Nope. This place… this place is an *experience*. The hot springs... they're the real deal. More on that later. But first the muffin.

What's the deal with the hot springs? Are they worth the hype? (And are they, like, clean?)

Okay, the hot springs. This is where things get… *divine*. Seriously. After a long drive, or even a short one, you just *melt*. I'm not kidding. They're supposed to be some of the hottest and deepest in the world, or so the website says. And I believe it. That first step into the water? Pure bliss. The water feels velvety, like a warm hug that’s been marinating in minerals. The cleanliness? I'm no germaphobe, but I'm pretty particular. And I can say with pretty certainty, yup, they seem VERY clean. They're constantly circulating and they're actively supervised. One time, I saw a kid drop a rubber ducky in, and immediately, a staff member swooped in and retrieved it. That level of commitment does wonders for confidence. You *have* to take a dip at least once. Preferably, several times. Get a spa treatment if you can. Just… do it.

What kind of rooms do they have? Are they all fancy-pants suites? (Because my budget is… well, it’s there.)

They have a whole range! From standard rooms to… well, suites that would give a Kardashian a run for her money. Don't let the word "resort" freak you out. There are options. I stayed in a regular room. It was perfectly fine. Comfortable bed, a nice view of the mountains (seriously, *amazing* views), and a bathroom that wasn’t the size of a shoebox. There are larger suites, obviously, with fireplaces and balconies overlooking the springs. If you can swing it, go for it! But even the regular rooms feel elevated. They put thought into it, you can tell. And the lack of a shoebox sized bathroom is a solid plus.

Is there anything for kids to do? (Asking for a friend… yeah, a friend.)

Okay, this is tricky. The vibe is definitely more… relaxing. It’s not Disney World. It’s not overflowing with activities for the little ones (though, there is a specific child's pool). So, if you're bringing a gaggle of hyperactive toddlers, maybe not the *ideal* spot. That said, my "friend" (ahem), swears their kids loved it. There is a dedicated child’s pool that is more shallow and keeps a closer eye on the kids. The kids found the general laid-back atmosphere surprisingly appealing. There are also nearby hiking trails and even a few mini-golf places in town. Plus, let’s be real, kids can get into hot springs, especially the cool pools. But, use your judgement. Think "zen" not "theme park." It is a *resort*, not a resort. If you know what I mean. You can't keep those kids from screaming, all the time. Which, of course, makes for a more chaotic experience.

What about the food? Is it all overpriced tiny portions of pretentious… stuff?

Alright, food. This is important. No, it's not all about overpriced tiny portions. The restaurant is actually pretty good! Not Michelin-star, sure, but the food is tasty, they use fresh ingredients, and… wait for it… the portions are decent! (Hallelujah!). I had the salmon one night. It was cooked *perfectly*. And the wine list? Decent. It's a resort restaurant, so yes, it’s a bit pricier than your local diner. But the quality is there. And, honestly, you’re on vacation. Treat yourself! Though, if your budget really is tight, you could always pack some snacks and hit up the local grocery store. No judgement. And a good meal for your first night there is a great way to set the stage for an amazing spa vacation.

Spa treatments – worth the splurge? (Because let’s face it, they can be *expensive*.)

YES. Okay, I'm going to get real here. I'm not usually a spa person. I'm more of a "scrub my feet in the hotel bathtub" kind of gal. But. But. I got a massage. It was, hands down, the best massage of my entire life. The therapist was magic. She found knots I didn't even *know* I had. I walked out feeling like a limp noodle. And the next morning… I felt like an actual new person. It's an investment, sure. But it’s an investment in your sanity. And, honestly, you've *earned* it. So, yeah, do it. Splurge. You deserve the pampering. Just don't go expecting to look like a supermodel afterwards. I'm pretty sure my hair was still a mess... but I felt *incredible*.

What's the best time of year to go?

That depends! If you like snow-capped mountains and snuggling up by a fireplace, winter is gorgeous. (And the contrast of the hot springs against the cold air? *Chef's kiss*). Spring and fall are lovely, with moderate temperatures and fewer crowds. BUT. BUT. I went in the summer, and I honestly loved it. The weather in Pagosa Springs is generally pretty sunny, and that's a huge plus. You can hike (if you're into that kind of thing – I'm not, really), and go rafting on the nearby rivers. The atmosphere is a bit more lively in the summer. But, to each their own. I’d look up the seasonal events in Pagosa Springs and see what fits your fancy. You probably cannot go wrong. Unless it's tornado season. Then, stay home. Because, you know.

Okay, one last thing: Any downsides? (Nobody's perfect, right?)

Alright, let's be honest. Nothing's *perfect*. Parking *can* be a bit of a pain, especially during peak season. There were times when I was circling the lot like a vulture looking for a meal. And, depending on where your room is, you might hear some ambient noise from the hot springs at night. (Mostly happy people laughing). The costs of things, likeComfort Inn

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States

The Springs Resort and Spa Pagosa Springs (CO) United States