Escape to Oregon: Unbeatable Deals at Forest Grove's Best Hotel!

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Escape to Oregon: Unbeatable Deals at Forest Grove's Best Hotel!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the… well, chaos… of reviewing "Escape to Oregon: Unbeatable Deals at Forest Grove's Best Hotel!" It's my job, and frankly, it’s a joy, to give you the REAL skinny, the messy truth, the thing the glossy brochures won't dare tell you. Forget perfectly polished prose; this is real life, baby.

First things first, Forest Grove. I’d be lying if I said I knew much about it before this… experiment. Turns out, it's a legit place! And this hotel? Well, let’s unravel the (hopefully silk) thread of what makes it tick.

Landing in Forest Grove & Getting Settled

Right, Accessibility! This is HUGE. I had a colleague with mobility issues who experienced the hotel for a few days. I’m happy to report that things looking pretty good for them! They told me about accessible rooms available on request; while they were quite narrow in comparison to the other rooms, the accessibility features were good (Wheelchair accessible). They noted the presence of an elevator for ease of access, which is a big win! And speaking of access, free Car park [free of charge] is a godsend, especially if you're driving in from… well, anywhere. They were also happy to see Facilities for disabled guests!

The Nitty Gritty: Rooms and Comfort

Let’s get down to the real business. You know, staying in a hotel can be a gamble. Will you be able to sleep? Will the shower spray water down your face? Will there be sufficient sockets?

Here's the breakdown for your room:

  • Available in All Rooms: We’ve got Air conditioning, thank the heavens, because Oregon summers can actually get toasty. You’ll also find an Alarm clock, Bathrobes (always a win!), Bathroom phone (because, why not?), Bathtub (for serious relaxation), Blackout curtains (essential for those light sleepers), Closet, Coffee/tea maker (vital!), Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping (your room will be sparkling after your messy arrival!), Desk (for those pretending to work – or actually working!), Extra long beds (praise!), Free bottled water (hydration is key, people!), Hair dryer (a godsend, truly!), High floor (if you like the views), In-room safe box (for your valuables), Interconnecting room(s) available (perfect for families), Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!) (obviously!), Ironing facilities (wrinkle-free!), Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking (a must!), On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels (binge-watching!), Scale (prepare for the inevitable truth), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub (luxury!), Shower, Slippers (comfy!), Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa (for lounging), Soundproofing (a must for any decent slumber!), Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella (Oregon!), Visual alarm (important for security), Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free] (double dip!), and finally Window that opens! (Breath of fresh air!)

  • My Imperfect Room: I have to admit, my room wasn't QUITE the pristine vision. There was a slight… mustiness upon entry (hey, it happens!), the carpet was slightly worn, and there wasn't a ton of natural light. I honestly like it. But the bed? Oh, the bed. It was like sinking into a marshmallow cloud. I conked out HARD.

More on the Room (the REAL Stuff)

The devil (and the delights!) are in the details.

  • Bathroom: The bathroom setup was functional. You could move around and get to the sink.
  • Wifi: I was a bit nervous about the internet speeds initially. It seemed… good.
  • Cleanliness: Overall, the room was clean. Although, upon closer inspection, I noticed a bit… of dust on the lamp. I'm not bothered, it shows people are living here.

Food, Glorious Food (and Drink, and Snacking!)

Alright, let’s talk fuel! This is a crucial aspect of any getaway, and the hotel offers a pretty impressive spread.

  • The Restaurant Situation: I spent a long time at the Restaurants. They had both International cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant, this is one of the best perks. There were a couple of Restaurants that I loved. They have Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant and Vegetarian restaurant for everyone. The Bar was lively in the evenings (and they had a great happy hour). Oh yes, and the Poolside bar is a MUST. Great place to get some sun and drinks.
  • My Personal Favorite: The Coffee shop was my go-to! I'm obsessed.
  • Breakfast: Breakfast [buffet] was a definite plus. The Buffet in restaurant was actually pretty good. I had Coffee/tea in restaurant. I also like breakfast in room ( Breakfast in room).

Unwinding & Relaxation (Because You Deserve It!)

This place actually delivers on the R&R front!

  • Pool Time!: Oh, the Swimming pool [outdoor]! A solid pool is essential. The pool was great. I spent hours there. Especially, the Pool with view. This is a feature worth highlighting. The view was amazing, I loved the pool.
  • Spa Services: There’s a whole SPA area. I didn't manage to get in, but it looks amazing! They have Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. A great way to relax, if you have the time (and money!).
  • Fitness Freakout: For those who can’t stay still, there’s a Fitness center, Gym/fitness. They also have a Foot bath (interesting!).

Services and Conveniences (The Practical Stuff)

  • Business Facilities: They have Business facilities, including facilities for Meetings, the are of Meeting/banquet facilities, and Seminars. You can also get access to Audio-visual equipment for special events, Meeting stationery, the Projector/LED display and Xerox/fax in business center.
  • Other Services: Air conditioning in public area, Airport transfer and Babysitting service. They also have Bottle of water in the room, Cash withdrawal.
  • For the Kids: Has Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

Cleanliness and Safety (The Important Bits)

In this world, safety is paramount. And this hotel seems to take it seriously.

  • Safety Protocols: They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
  • Security Measures: They have CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms.

The Verdict: Is It Worth It?

Listen, this isn’t a five-star palace. But it's a solid choice for Forest Grove, with some genuinely great features (the bed, the pool, the convenience). There's a warmth and ease to the place. I'm happy.

Here's the Deal (And Why You Should Book NOW!)

Okay, here’s where the real magic happens. Ready for it?

"Escape to Oregon: Your Unbeatable Getaway Awaits! Book Now and Enjoy:

  • Unbeatable Deals on rooms!
  • Free Wi-Fi to stay connected (and brag about your trip!)
  • Access to the Best Amenities: Pools, gym, and spa!
  • Delicious Dining Options: Restaurants, breakfast included!
  • Unforgettable Experience in Forest Grove!

Why book now? Because these deals won't last! Don't miss out on the chance to escape to Oregon and experience Forest Grove's Best Hotel. Click here before the rooms are all gone!

Final Thought: Am I going back? Absolutely. Maybe just for that bed. Or the pool. Or

Victoria Hotel Chelyabinsk: Your Luxurious Chelyabinsk Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because here's my attempt at a travel itinerary for a stay at the charming (and by charming, I mean… well, we'll get there) Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Forest Grove/Hillsboro, OR. Prepare for a total rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and hopefully, some actual enjoyment. This is gonna get messy.

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Forest Grove/Hillsboro, OR: The Saga

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (and maybe a surprisingly decent pool)

  • 3:00 PM: Arrival! Oh joy, the check-in. Found the place! The building itself? Let's call it… "character-rich." The fluorescent lights in the lobby are already giving me a headache, and the air smells faintly of chlorine and disappointment. The very nice lady at the front desk, bless her heart, seems like she's seen things. "Enjoy your stay!" she chirps. I respond with a weak smile, secretly plotting my escape.
  • 3:30 PM: The Room Revealed! Keycard swipe. The door creaks open. Okay, breathe…It's… a room. Not a bad room, necessarily. Just… a room. The beige carpet, the slightly askew furniture, the surprisingly functional (and ancient) TV. I'm channeling my inner Marie Kondo, and everything is, well, not sparking joy, but it's also not actively making me want to scream.
  • 4:00 PM: The Pool – A Revelation? They have a pool! And it's… actually kind of nice? The water is clear, the sun is shining (for now), a lone kid is cannonballing incessantly, which I find incredibly relaxing. I might actually relax in this pool. I might become a pool person. I might even go for a swim later.
  • 5:00 PM: Food Acquisition Fiasco Alright. Grocery store time. I head out in search of sustenance. Found a Safeway, and I’m feeling the hunger. Get all my favorite snacks, and I swear I almost bought the entire chip aisle. I got so excited I forgot to get water. I guess I'm the human embodiment of a bad decision.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner and Regret Woke up in my bed with a handful of chips and a sense of utter failure. What am I doing with my life?

Day 2: Exploring (and Maybe Not Loving It)

  • 8:00 AM: The Free Breakfast… or Lack Thereof Okay, free breakfast. This is where things get interesting. I walk down with high hopes of waffles. There's a sad little display of pre-packaged muffins, some questionable-looking instant oatmeal, and a coffee machine sputtering its last breath. The toast is somehow both stale and soggy. I grab a lukewarm coffee and contemplate my life choices.
  • 9:00 AM: Forest Grove Exploration Attempt #1 Took a nice stroll around the area. It was a little boring, to be honest. So, I went back to the room.
  • 12:00 PM: Hillsboro Interlude I decided that a change of scenery was in order. Hopped in the car and drove to Hillsboro to check out the shops. More of the same… I got tired of shopping and decided to head back, feeling a little blah.
  • 2:00 PM: Existential Poolside Contemplation, Part 2 Back at the pool. The kid is still cannonballing, and now there's a group of teenagers splashing and screaming. The chlorine smell is stronger. My inner calm has evaporated. I need a distraction. That's when I decided to dive deep.
  • 4:00 PM: The Movie! Back in the room. And the only channel that works? The old movie channels playing some B-movie from the 80s. It's terrible. Yet, I'm hooked. Completely transfixed. It's the perfect blend of cheesy dialogue, terrible special effects, and pure, unadulterated nostalgia. I laugh, I cringe, I get completely lost in it. This is where I had my moment!
  • 7:00 PM: Food round two. I'm thinking of the chips again. But no. I need something real. I order a pizza online…it's probably going to be awful, but at this point, I don't care.

Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Smell of Disappointment

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast, The Return of The Sadness. The same sad breakfast spread as yesterday. I choke down a muffin, drink the coffee, and start packing.
  • 8:00 AM: Checking Out (and A Small Part of Me Dying Inside) The nice desk lady is back, still smiling. "Have a safe trip!" she says. I force a smile and nod, trying to remember why I thought this trip was a good idea.
  • 8:30 AM: Farewell, Room 312 (or Whatever). One last glance at the room. It's not a palace, but it was my temporary home. I'm strangely… okay with leaving.
  • 9:00 AM: The Road… And the Future. Okay, well, I survived. I saw some things. I learned some things. Most importantly, I learned that I'm definitely not cut out to be a travel blogger.
  • 10:00 AM: (Maybe) Forest Grove Again? Drive to the Safeway and I see the chips, they call my name. "Come on back…" I think. "Just one more bag…" But I resisted. I'll save that for next time.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't exactly the glamorous escape I'd envisioned. But it was real. And maybe, just maybe, that's what makes it memorable. And hey, at least the pool was alright.

Pasadena Getaway: Unbeatable Rodeway Inn Deals!

Book Now

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Escape to Oregon: Forest Grove's Best Hotel - You SURE You Wanna Know? (FAQ, Kinda)

Okay, So, What's the Big Deal About This "Best Hotel?" I'm Skeptical. Like, SERIOUSLY Skeptical.

Listen, I get it. "Best Hotel" is like... a marketing buzzword, right? They all *say* it. But this place, well, I'm talking about the **Grand Lodge Hotel & Spa in Forest Grove**. Yeah, yeah, it's McMenamins, so already you’re thinking, “beer, predictable décor…” BUT HOLD UP. It's more than that. I've stayed in places that promised the world and delivered a moldy continental breakfast. This place? Forest Grove is surprisingly charming, and the Lodge? It feels… authentic. Like, not trying too hard. Okay, maybe *some* parts try hard, but overall? It's good. REALLY good. Think cozy fireplaces EVERYWHERE, secret staircases (I got lost for a solid hour once, which was hilarious), a damn good soaking pool (more on that later, GET READY), and a general vibe that says, "Relax. We got you."

Forest Grove? Where IS Forest Grove? Sounds… far away.

Okay, geographically challenged, are we? Forest Grove is like, an hour-ish west of Portland. Traffic dependent, of course. (Ugh, Portland traffic. Another story for another day...) But the point is, it's close enough for a weekend getaway, far enough to feel LIKE a getaway. Think rolling hills, vineyards (hello, wine tasting!), the Oregon coast is within reach for a day trip if you're brave enough, and that feeling of… peace. Yeah, I know, cheesy. But it’s true! I lived in the city for 10 years and needed this place. Still do.

The Soaking Pool. Spill the Beans. Is it… clean? Because that's important.

Alright, you got me. The soaking pool. **Legendary, they call it.** And yes, it’s clean. Mostly. Okay, maybe a few stray leaves or something. But overall? Glorious. Steam rising, the smell of chlorine (a comforting smell, don’t judge), and the option to order a craft beer WHILE soaking? Pure bliss. I once spent approximately three hours submerged in that pool, reading a book and completely forgetting about the world. Actually, that’s a bit of a lie. I *did* have a moment of panic when I realized I'd left my phone on the table beside the pool. Ran out, soaked and shivering, grabbed it, and then back in. Priorities, people. And the best part? It's open late. Like, *really* late. So if you're a night owl like me, prepare for the best relaxation.

What's the Food Situation? McMenamin's, Right? (And Is It All… Beer-Soaked?)

Yes, it's McMenamins. Yes, there's beer. But it's not ALL beer-soaked. You have choices! (Yay!) There are several restaurants on-site. The Ironworks Grill is good for a fancy dinner. The Black Rabbit is a fun place to drink and eat. They’ve got decent grub. I'm not a total foodie snob. They're all actually quite nice and the ambiance is… well, McMenamin's-y. But the food is generally solid. And the beer? Well, naturally, you've got options. I'm partial to the Terminator Stout myself. And you *must* try the Cajun Tots. I'm not kidding. Order them. Then thank me later. (Actually, don’t thank me. Just send me more Cajun Tots.) Seriously though, the food is elevated versions of pub fare.

Are There Deals? Because I'm on a budget. I'm basically a broke artist.

YES! That's the whole point of this! They *always* have deals. Check their website. Seriously, I found a killer deal last time that included a room, breakfast, spa treatment, and a bottle of wine! (The wine was slightly… questionable, but hey, it was free-ish.) They often have packages too, related to the events or the season. Always look for the discounts. And the best part? They often have deals that include the soaking pool. Win-win!

Okay, Okay, You've Convinced Me. But What's the Downside? There's Got To Be One!

Alright, fair point. Nothing’s perfect. The rooms, while charming, are a bit… well, they are showing their age. Occasionally you might hear the plumbing. And sometimes, yeah, the service isn't the quickest. (But hey, you're on vacation. What's the rush?) Also, parking can be a nightmare on busy weekends. Seriously, I had to park, like, a block away once. The horror! But honestly? I’m being nitpicky. These downsides are SO minor compared to the overall experience.

Okay, Last Question. Is It Dog-Friendly? Because my fluffy companion MUST come.

YES! (Finally, a straightforward answer!) The Grand Lodge IS dog-friendly. They even have a specific area for them to do their business. And the grounds are lovely for walks. (Though beware the squirrels. My dog has a vendetta.) Just check the specific pet policies before you book, because things can change. Pack those poop bags!
Cheap Hotel Search

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Forest Grove Hillsboro Forest Grove (OR) United States