Escape to Willow Springs: Cheney's Best-Kept Secret Motel!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Escape to Willow Springs: Cheney's Best-Kept Secret Motel! Now, let me tell you, after reading reviews (and maybe, maybe a sneaky peek at what the social media buzz is saying), I'm prepped. This place…it's got potential. It's gotta live up to the "secret" part, right? Let's get down and dirty (but hopefully not too dirty, considering the Cleanliness and safety features, we'll get there).
First Impressions and the All-Important Accessibility
Okay, so "escape" usually implies getting away, and for some of us, that means actually being able to get away. Accessibility is HUGE. I’m looking at Accessibility and Facilities for disabled guests like a hawk. This is crucial. I need to know, can Grandma get around? Can my adventurous friend Joe, in his wheelchair, navigate? We need details here! Are there ramps? Elevators? Accessible rooms? I'm crossing my fingers for solid answers on this, because a truly escaping place, is one that lets everyone escape. I'm also hoping they're thinking about Check-in/out [express] and Contactless check-in/out. Nobody wants to fumble with paperwork and keys after a long drive! Is there enough room to maneuver through Elevators and Exterior corridors?
Internet Woes (or Wins?)
Let's be real. In this day and age, Wi-Fi is a human right (or at least, a vital ingredient for sanity). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!? Bless the gods! Seriously, I need this. (Internet access – wireless is a must, Internet access – LAN too, for those tech-savvy peeps.) I need to be able to Instagram the sunset from my balcony, or, you know, check my email. Wi-Fi in public areas is also welcome, but the key? Internet that works. There's nothing worse than a motel with Wi-Fi that's slower than a snail on Valium.
The Stuff That Matters: Relaxation and Recreation
Alright, Things to do, ways to relax. Let's dive in! Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes, please! Give me sun, give me water, give me a margarita (from the Poolside bar, ideally). Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna? Now we're talking. I need to de-stress! The Steamroom sounds heavenly if they have it, and the Gym/fitness is a plus (in theory; I mostly look at the equipment). Massage? Sign me up! A good massage can wipe away a week's worth of anxieties. Body scrub and Body wrap? Okay, maybe that's where they get the "secret" part - I might just disappear forever in a cocoon of relaxation. Pool with view sounds…fancy.
Food, Glorious Food (and Drinks!): Dining, drinking, and snacking
This is where I get really serious. Food is fuel, and at a place like this, I want options. Restaurants? Plural is good. A Bar is non-negotiable. Especially if there’s a Happy hour. Coffee/tea in restaurant? I need caffeine, people! Breakfast [buffet] is a win, but Breakfast in room for a lazy morning? Yes, please. Asian cuisine in restaurant could be a surprise, considering the "Cheney" location thing. As long as it's not a sad, microwaved situation, I'm in. Snack bar? Needed. Poolside bar, again, yes! I envision fruity cocktails and sunshine. Room service [24-hour]? I'm a big fan of the convenience of ordering room service, especially after a long day of exploring. Vegetarian restaurant? Excellent! Options are always appreciated.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because We're Not Living in the Wild West
Okay, let's talk serious stuff. Cleanliness and safety. This is HUGE, especially these days! I'm looking for Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Please, yes! I’m a little obsessive about this stuff, so the more measures, the better. Safe dining setup is also critical. I’m hoping they’ve got this stuff down pat. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? Sounds good! First aid kit and Doctor/nurse on call? Good to know, just in case! Hot water linen and laundry washing. That's good! And Cashless payment service is just convenient.
The Little Things: Services and Conveniences
This is where a motel goes from "meh" to "amazing." Daily housekeeping? A must! Laundry service? Oh, yes, please! Dry cleaning? Even better! Air conditioning in public area? Essential! Concierge? Helpful. Gift/souvenir shop? I’m a sucker for a cheesy souvenir. Convenience store? Great for late-night snacks and forgotten toothpaste. Elevator? Important, too, for anyone with trouble with stairs. Car park [free of charge]? Awesome! Parking can be the worst, so a free parking lot is a huge plus. And Safety deposit boxes are an absolute necessity. Invoice provided is great too!
My Hotel Room: The Sanctuary Within the Sanctuary
Now, let's get to the heart of it - the Available in all rooms features! Air conditioning is non-negotiable! Alarm clock? Needed. Bathrobes? Oooooh, yes! Blackout curtains? YES! Sleep is sacrosanct. Coffee/tea maker? Even better! Free bottled water? Wonderful! Daily housekeeping. Another win! Desk? I might have to do a little work, you know. Ironing facilities and Ironing service are very useful! Laptop workspace? Okay, maybe that work thing will happen, then. Mini bar. I’m in! Non-smoking? I'd hope so. Private bathroom? Mandatory. Refrigerator? Useful for keeping my midnight snacks chilled. Satellite/cable channels and Wi-Fi [free]? Essential! Seating area? I need a place to chill out other than the bed! Shower? Fine by me! Slippers? Nice and comfy! Smoke detector? Very important! Soundproofing? YES! Telephone? Useful. Toiletries? Great! Wake-up service? Needed! Window that opens? I like fresh air!
For the Kids (or Kid-At-Heart…)
Family/child friendly? I hope so! Babysitting service? Useful for parents. Kids meal? Makes it easier to feed the little ones.
The Extra Touches: Services and Conveniences
Car park [on-site]? Car power charging station? Car park [free of charge]? So many options for car parking, great! Taxi service? Great way of getting around if you don't want to drive. Food delivery? Yes please. Meeting/banquet facilities? Meetings, Meeting stationery, and Seminars? Perfect if you're travelling with friends. Air conditioning in public area? Amazing.
The Emotional Pull: What REALLY Sells This Place (If They’re Doing It Right)
Okay, deep breaths. It's gotta be more than just a bed and a hot shower. It's gotta be the vibe. Is it a place where you can really unwind? Where you actually feel like you've "escaped"? Does it have the charm? The character?
Proposal spot? If you're planning a romantic getaway, that's a nice touch! Themed rooms? Room decorations? I love a place with a little personality. Maybe they have themed rooms?
I'm looking for moments. Unexpected views. Friendly staff who actually care. A sense of peace that melts away all that stress.
The Caveats: What to Watch Out For
Is the location truly "secret"? If it's right on a busy highway, "escape" might be a stretch. *Are the reviews *consistent? One glowing review doesn’t tell the whole story. *What's the *overall atmosphere? Is it a place to bring the kids? Are dogs allowed?
Overall, I am cautiously optimistic.
The Offer: My Persuasive Plea to Book
Okay, here's the deal, future Willow Springs guests! (
Harrisonburg's BEST Hampton Inn? (South Location Review!)Ugh, fine. You want a travel itinerary for the Willow Springs Motel in Cheney, Washington? Buckle up, buttercup, because this ain't gonna be some pristine brochure. This is the real deal. Prepare for the beautiful train wreck that is me trying to plan a thing.
Day 1: Arrival and the Mild Panic of Cheney, USA
1:00 PM: Arrive at Spokane International Airport (GEG). Okay, first hurdle: the airport. Which, let's be honest, feels suspiciously like a giant, fluorescent-lit shopping mall that just forgot to stock anything interesting. Feeling slightly underwhelmed, but hey, at least the plane landed. Grab a rental car. Pray it has air conditioning (because Washington summers, even in Cheney, can be sneaky).
1:30 PM: The Drive. The drive to Cheney. Google Maps says 20 minutes. HA! Unless you're a NASCAR driver, add at least 10 minutes for "getting delightfully lost" and "admiring the absolutely massive fields of… something. Probably wheat. I'm a city person, okay?" I will note the general lack of civilization. Starting to feel like I am headed to the end of the world.
2:00 PM (ish): Check-in at the Willow Springs Motel. God, please let the room be clean. I'm a clean freak, bordering on obsessive. My brain is silently screaming “Is there mold? Is there mold?”. Pray for a working TV and a decent fridge. The lobby probably smells faintly of chlorine and regret.
2:30 PM: Room inspection. Success! (Mostly). The bedspread…well, let’s just say it exists. The TV? Alive and kicking. The fridge? Cold enough. There’s a faint…scent. But hey, at least it's not overpowering. Breathe. Accept.
3:00 PM: Unpack. Because unpacking is a sacred ritual that helps me feel…grounded. Especially after the highway of hell. Then, the quiet, blissful moment of just… nothing. Just me, the questionable bedspread, and the sheer peace of not having to do anything. Maybe I’ll read for a bit. Or stare at the ceiling. Both are valid options.
4:00 PM: Explore Cheney. Okay, time to venture forth! What is even in Cheney? I'm guessing…a college town? Hopefully, good coffee. Wander around a bit, get a feel for the place. (Secretly hoping to find a quirky antique store or a used bookstore. I’m a sucker for those.)
5:00 PM: Food Acquisition. Gotta find a place to eat. Yelp reviews are my guiding light (or sometimes, my source of abject despair). Let's aim for something local, maybe a diner. My stomach is starting to rumble.
6:00 PM: Dinner. The Diner. Okay, this is where it gets interesting. I order the special, which is chicken fried steak - because if you’re in the West, you eat the damn chicken fried steak. And, it’s huge. Like, mountainous. I eat maybe half of it, and vow to walk laps around the motel room later to counter the potential coma.
7:30 PM: Back to the motel. Crash. Watch some TV. Channel surf endlessly. Probably fall asleep before the credits roll. This is living!
Day 2: The Cheney Chronicles and My Deep Dive into…Nothing
8:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee is a MUST. Motel coffee tends to be…well, let's just say it can't even be called coffee. Head out and hopefully locate a coffee shop that doesn't have the distinct aroma of burnt beans and disappointment.
9:00 AM: Coffee. Glorious coffee. Find a coffee shop. My brain is now functional. Maybe I'll actually do something today. Though, let's be honest, the whole ‘do something’ thing is a maybe.
9:30 AM: Cheney Exploration (Round 2). Okay, so, what else is there to do in Cheney? I'm thinking a stroll around campus if I can find it (again, I'm a city person, landmarks are…not always my forte). Maybe some people-watching. Maybe I'll be inspired. Maybe I won't. Acceptance is key .
11:00 AM: The Bookstore. YES! Success! Finally, a used bookstore! The smell of aged paper and forgotten stories fills my lungs. I could spend hours here. Lose myself in the stacks, find a treasure or two. Leave with a stack of books I'll probably never read but buy anyway because…books.
1:00 PM: Lunch: back to the diner? Or try something new? The possibilities are endless….which, is a bit overwhelming. Decisions, decisions…
2:00 PM: The Ultimate Chill. Back to the motel. Read a book. Nap. Stare at the ceiling. Let the quiet wash over me. This is, without a doubt, the best part of the trip. It's the point.
5:00 PM: Dinner at…the same diner. Judge me. It’s convenient. And that chicken fried steak…well, it’s calling my name. Maybe I’ll brave the dessert menu this time. (And maybe regret it.)
6:30 PM: Sunset contemplation. A short, hopefully scenic, drive outside of town to watch the sunset. See if I can find something majestic, make myself sound like an artist.
8:00 PM: Back to the motel. More TV. More zoning out. More…blissful nothingness. Tomorrow is another day. And honestly? I'm a little bit looking forward to it.
Day 3: Departure and the Strange Beauty of Cheney (and the Willow Springs)
- 9:00 AM: Check-out. Sigh. Back to reality. But hey, at least there weren't any bed bugs.
- 9:30 AM: One last, lingering look at the Willow Springs. Maybe, just maybe, the place has grown on me. Cheney too. There's a certain…charm? A simplicity? A lack of pretension that, dare I say, is refreshing. This is my new home.
- 10:00 AM: Drive to Spokane.
- 10:30 AM: Airport chaos. The end. Now I must fly back to the real world. Time to prepare for the inevitable post-vacation depression.
- 12:00 PM: Plane flight. Finally, time to go home.
Reflections:
Look, the Willow Springs Motel wasn't the Ritz. Cheney, wasn't Paris. But it was… honest. It was a break from the relentless doing of modern life. It was a chance to slow down, to breathe, to just… be. And the chicken fried steak? Don't even get me started. I'll be back for more!
Gulfport Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites!