Aikens Lodge Kanab: Utah's BEST Kept Secret? (Unbelievable Views!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your average hotel review. This is real talk about Aikens Lodge in Kanab, Utah – the so-called "BEST Kept Secret." And honestly? I'm about to spill ALL the tea, the good, the bad, and the ugly, because let's be real, perfection is for robots.
Aikens Lodge Kanab: Utah's BEST Kept Secret? Hold My Hiking Boots… Here's the Truth (and a Few Tears)
First off, let's address the elephant in the room: "Unbelievable Views!" Yeah, they're pretty damn unbelievable. Driving into Kanab felt like stepping onto a postcard. Then, Aikens Lodge. The way the sun hits the red rock… chef's kiss. I spent a good five minutes just staring. Okay, maybe ten. Don't judge me.
Accessibility & Safety – Because We Need to Talk About the Real Stuff
Now, the important bits. Accessibility? They say it's all good, but I can't personally vouch for the full scope. They do have facilities for disabled guests, an elevator (thank GOD), and I saw a lot of effort put into making things comfortable. They get HUGE points for the 24/7 front desk. I'm a night owl, and knowing someone's always there is a huge comfort.
Okay, let's talk about safety. The cleaniness and Anti-Viral cleaning products are amazing. And don't get me started on the hand sanitizer – it was everywhere! The staff clearly takes COVID precautions seriously. I felt safe. I'm talking smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, security 24/7. That's a big win in my book. They provide hot water linen and laundry washing, Rooms sanitized between stays, daily disinfection in common areas. But here’s a small thing I'm not that happy with: I didn't see any doctor/nurse on call.
Rooms: My Home Away From Home… Except With Better Views
I'm a sucker for a good room, and Aikens delivered. My room had a balcony, and let me tell you, the sunsets were pure poetry. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? DOUBLE check (essential for my vampire-like sleeping habits). A comfy bed? YES! And the little details – the complimentary tea and coffee, the mini-bar, the bathrobe… sigh. I'm not sure about the high floor; I requested it and they gave it to me. I loved the additional toilet and the separate shower/bathtub. I want some slippers, reading light, alarm clock and scale. Oh, and the in-room safe box gave me a really good sense of security. The desk, closet, coffee maker, desk, extra long bed, hair dryer, iron facilities, mirror, telephone, wake-up service and the safety/security feature are all really good. It has a good amount of space as well, with separate seating areas.
Internet: Because Let's Face It, We're All Addicted
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Bless. Reliable internet access is a MUST, especially when you have the urge to share your travel with all of your friends. You'll find internet access in all rooms, internet - wireless, and internet [LAN]
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure
Okay, foodie alert! Aikens Lodge offered a decent spread. Breakfast [buffet] was the way to go. The breakfast was a western breakfast. I'm a big fan of coffee/tea in restaurant! Also, the bottle of water was a nice touch. They had a poolside bar so I could enjoy my drink while swimming. Restaurants were good the staff was helpful and professional. I didn't try the other options but there were options available: A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, bar, coffee shop, desserts in restaurant, happy hour, international cuisine in restaurant, poolside bar, restaurants, room service [24-hour], salad in restaurant, and soup in restaurant.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Where the Magic Happens (And My Muscles Screamed)
This is where Aikens Lodge shined. Beyond the hiking trails surrounding Kanab, they had a solid offering on-site, too. They included a pool with view, swimming pool, and an outdoor swimming pool. I spent hours just chilling by the pool, gazing at the red rocks. I didn't use the fitness center or gym, but I did take advantage of the massages. The massage was an unreal experience and let me tell you, I was sore from hiking all day. I felt like a new person. They also have a sauna, spa, spa/sauna, steamroom, and a foot bath.
Services and Conveniences: The Nitty Gritty
The daily housekeeping was great. Laundry? Check. Dry cleaning? Check. Luggage storage was a lifesaver. I appreciated the currency exchange, the on-site event hosting, meeting/banquet facilities. The concierge went above and beyond. I did feel like they have an elevator, and safe deposit box.
For the Kids: A Mixed Bag but Still Family-Friendly
Okay, I don't have kids, so my perspective is limited. They do have babysitting service and kids meal options, So, a for the kids, are a decent selection of amenities offered here.
Getting Around:
They have airport transfer and taxi service so I could get a ride from the airport. Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]. I like it.
The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Honest Truth
Look, Aikens Lodge isn't flawless. It's not a place that screams "luxury," but it has a certain charm. It's got a slightly dated décor, and the occasional noise from the hallway. And let's face it, the "unbelievable views" come with a bit of a price tag. Yes, it is a bit pricey. But honestly, the views are worth it.
The Big Question: Is Aikens Lodge Kanab a "Best Kept Secret"?
Honestly? Kinda. It's not exactly a well-known chain, which I think is part of its charm. It offers a unique experience, right in the heart of some of the most stunning scenery you'll ever see.
The Real Deal: The Emotional Stuff
- The Feels: Walking into my room after a day of hiking, with those views waiting for me on the balcony? Pure bliss.
- The Annoyances: The slightly loud air conditioning unit. Minor.
- The Verdict: I'd go back in a heartbeat. It’s a place that made me feel present, that forced me to slow down and appreciate the beauty around me.
Now, for the Hard Sell (Because I Want You to Go!)
ARE YOU READY TO ESCAPE THE ORDINARY?
Tired of cookie-cutter vacations? Craving breathtaking views, fresh air, and an adventure that will actually leave you feeling rejuvenated? Then you absolutely MUST book a stay at Aikens Lodge Kanab.
Here's What You Get (Besides Those Jaw-Dropping Views):
- Unforgettable Sunsets: Imagine yourself sipping a cocktail on your private balcony as the sky explodes with color.
- Adventure at Your Doorstep: Kanab is the gateway to Zion, Bryce Canyon, and the Grand Canyon. Hike, explore, and lose yourself in the wilderness.
- Relaxation Redefined: Soak away your aches in the pool, indulge in a massage, or simply unwind in your spacious, comfy room.
- Safety and Comfort: Rest easy knowing you're in a clean and safe environment, with friendly staff ready to cater to your needs.
- Create Memories: Aikens Lodge isn’t just a hotel; it's a place to disconnect, reconnect, and build memories that will last a lifetime.
- You can ask for a proposal spot!
Exclusive Offer: Book your stay at Aikens Lodge Kanab within the next week and receive a FREE upgrade to a room with a balcony and a complimentary bottle of local wine! (Use code "ROCKSTARVIEWS" when booking).
Don't wait! Those unbelievable views are calling your name. Click here to book your escape today!
[LINK TO AIKENS LODGE WEBSITE]
P.S. Seriously, pack your hiking boots. You won't regret it. And tell them the crazy reviewer sent you!
OneLoft Phuket: Thailand's Hottest Hotel? You NEED to See This!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-formatted travel brochure. We're talking Aikens Lodge in Kanab, Utah, and my brain is already buzzing with the desert air, the red rocks, and the distinct possibility of getting spectacularly lost. Here's what I'm trying to do, and the inevitable train wreck that will probably ensue:
Aikens Lodge & Kanab: The Unofficial, Probably Chaotic, Adventure
Day 1: Arrival & The (Maybe) Blissful Illusion of Order
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Arrive at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas. Sigh. Vegas. The shimmering gateway to… everywhere else. Okay, focus. Grab that rental car – hopefully, it's not a tiny, beige death trap – and point it towards Kanab. The drive should be stunning, right? Red rock canyons, vast skies… But first, gotta navigate the Vegas Strip one last time. Ugh. The smells! The noise! The desperation in those Elvis impersonators' eyes! I swear, I'm gonna need a detox after this.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Quick pit stop somewhere between Vegas and Kanab. Gas station sustenance, most likely. Pray for a good jerky selection and no questionable hot dogs rotating on those little rollers. A healthy start to this adventure.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The Drive! This is where the real adventure begins. Cranking up the road trip playlist (currently a mix of David Bowie, Lucinda Williams, and whatever random podcast catches my fancy). I intend to pull over at scenic overlooks to soak it all in, photograph the majestic landscape… The operative word being intend. We’ll see how that goes. My attention span? Squirrel-like.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Check into Aikens Lodge. Expectations? High. Photos online look beautiful with well-lit rooms and very clean sheets. Please, let the Wi-Fi be strong! Unpack (ish). Admire the view (potentially). Maybe a quick swim in the pool, assuming it's not overrun with screaming kids and chlorine fumes. If it's not, I'm spending the entire evening in the pool. Dinner at a local restaurant in Kanab. I'm thinking something hearty, something with a Western flair. And a massive margarita. Because, you know, desert hydration.
Day 2: The Mighty Vermilion Cliffs & The Unexpected Existential Crisis
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The highlight of our trip! Hitting the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument. The Wave lottery is impossible, but I'm shooting for other adventures. Hiking, and the landscape, the otherworldly beauty. Let's just say seeing the majestic, sprawling beauty of the desert, and walking through miles of canyon should shake a person to their core. What a special place.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Picnic lunch. Again, praying for minimal ants and maximum sunshine. I was thinking an open-face sandwich in a canyon. That's the vibe, right? Gotta pack plenty of water. Hydration is key in the desert, or so I've heard.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Hiking! This is where it gets real. I'm not exactly a seasoned mountaineer, but I'm determined. Hopefully, I don't trip over my own feet and faceplant into a cactus. I'm feeling a weird mix of excitement and dread. The dread is definitely winning for now.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Sunset viewing. Hopefully, I won't mess this up. I'm going to find a perfect spot (or at least, a spot with a decent view and fewer bugs), and take some time to really, truly appreciate the vastness and beauty. Maybe even write in my journal. Or, you know, just stare into the fiery sky, contemplating the meaning of life. Or, more likely, what I'm going to eat for dinner.
Day 3: Cowboys, Canyons & A Possible Breakdown… Psychologically, of course.
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Explore Kanab itself. Old West charm, right? I'm picturing a town straight out of a movie set (because… Hollywood!). Might check out the local shops, maybe pick up a souvenir… And then a cowboy hat. Because, why not? Embrace the cliches! I also want to visit the Best Friends Animal Society. Those animals are in need of love.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Something, somewhere. Maybe a diner? Maybe not. Who knows!
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Another hike. I'm feeling daring. I've also booked a horseback ride at a local ranch. I've never ridden a horse before. Wish me luck. It could be epic. Or it could be a disaster. I guess we will see. I'm going to have to embrace my inner cowgirl, or at least, learn how to stay on the horse.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Final dinner in Kanab. Celebrate the trip! Think I'm going to get something with a little more meat. Something more substantial. And, possibly, another margarita. This time, I'll let loose. The stress will be gone. The trip will be over. I'll have gone to Kanab, Utah.
Day 4: Departure & The Post-Vacation Blues (Guaranteed)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Farewell, Aikens Lodge! Pack up. Hopefully, I'll have brought everything back. No. I will definitely forget something.
- Late Morning/ Afternoo: Head back to Vegas. Reflect on all the things.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (3:00 PM - Onward): Arrive at the airport. The sadness! The post-vacation blues are starting to creep in. Waiting for the flight. Buy overpriced airport snacks. Swear to myself I'll be back. Hopefully next time, I'll actually learn to ride a horse.
Okay, so there you have it. A plan. A loose, flexible, probably-going-to-be-a-mess plan. But hey, that's life, right? The best memories are always the ones you didn't expect. So let the chaos begin! Wish me luck, and maybe send snacks. I'm going to need them.
Findlay's BEST Kept Secret: Drury Inn & Suites Review!Aikens Lodge: Kanab's "Best Kept Secret"?! (Let's See...)
Okay, so they *say* it's a secret. But after my trip to Aikens Lodge... well, you'll see. Prepare for some unfiltered thoughts.
Is it REALLY as good as everyone says it is? Like, the VIEWS?
Ugh, the views. Yes. Seriously, yes. Pictures? Pshaw. They don't do it justice. You're talking panoramic, "jaw-on-the-floor" kind of beauty. Think: Red rocks melting into the sky, sunsets that actually make you *weep* (and I'm not a weeper, usually!). I spent a good two hours just sitting there, staring. My kids? They were actually silent. Which, if you have kids, you know is a miracle. The morning light? Transforms the cliffs into a fiery dance. Worth the price of admission? For the views alone, maybe. I'm leaning heavily towards yes.
What's the deal with the accommodations? Are they actually "rustic charm" or just... old?
Okay, here's the truth bomb: "Rustic charm" is a code word. It *mostly* translates to "old, but clean." My cabin, bless its heart, had some character. By character, I mean squeaky floors, a mini-fridge that sounded like a dying walrus, and a bathroom that felt like it hadn't fully evolved out of the 1970s. But... it was CLEAN. And the bed? Surprisingly comfortable. Plus, you're not there to spend your life indoors! Embrace the imperfection. It's part of the *experience*. I even started to like the walrus fridge. It was *my* walrus.
Is it family-friendly? My kids are... a lot.
Oh, man. My kids are *a lot* too. Aikens Lodge definitely leans towards family-friendly. They had a little playground, which, let's be honest, was more of an "adventure" area for my chaos-magnets. The pool was freezing (Utah cold!), but the kids were still in it for HOURS. The best part? Plenty of space to roam around. You're not crammed into a tiny hotel room. You can let them run wild and still be able to keep an eye on them. Victory! Though, I will say, keep the kids away from any of the edges of the deck during sunset. It's pure, gorgeous, potential-falling-very-far-from-a-height heaven.
What's the food like? Restaurant details, please!
Okay, the food. Here's the thing. There *is* a restaurant, which is convenient. But it's not fine dining. Think: hearty, filling, and after a day of hiking, exactly what you need. I had a burger that was decent, the pasta was ...there. The service was friendly, if a little slow at times (but come on, you're on vacation!). Breakfast? Standard continental fare. Don't expect Michelin stars. Expect sustenance. And honestly, after staring at those red rocks all day, I wasn't too picky. My main goal was getting to bed and waking up for sunrise.
Tell me more about the sunsets! I'm obsessed.
Okay, buckle up. The sunsets... I went on a hike earlier in the day and was feeling slightly smug about my trail-blazing. But the sunset from the deck of my cabin? It *annihilated* any smugness. It was a riot of color – oranges, pinks, purples, things I didn't even know existed. I actually forgot to eat dinner one night because I was so mesmerized. Totally spaced on the whole "sustaining life" thing. And the way the light played on the cliffs… I am still trying to figure out how to replicate that orange gradient with paint. I might need more therapy than paint supplies, honestly. The sunsets are *that* good. Pack your camera, pack your tissues, and prepare to be speechless. This is *the* reason to go.
Location, Location, Location - How's it for getting around?
It's in Kanab, which is a pretty decent hub for all sorts of adventures. You've got Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon within a reasonable drive. The drive itself is gorgeous - those red rocks are just *everywhere*. The Lodge is kind of out of the way, which is its charm. It feels secluded, which is great! It's not smack-dab in the middle of town, so plan on driving a short bit for restaurants, gas stations, etc. But you're there to explore! Embrace the open road. Embrace the freedom! Just make sure you fill up your gas tank before you head that way. I'm not saying I learned that the hard way... but, well, canyon roads plus empty gas tank is not a fun combination.
Any hidden costs or surprises I should know about?
Hmm, let's see... the usual suspects. Taxes. Maybe some resort fees? Check the fine print, but nothing that jumped out at me as egregious. The biggest "surprise" was the sheer beauty. Seriously. And maybe the lack of cell service. Which, honestly, was a *blessing*. I actually *talked* to my kids. We played cards. We looked at the stars. It was... nice. Also, if you are REALLY picky about your coffee, bring your own. In-room coffee wasn't exactly a gourmet experience, but, on the other hand, it gives you *reasons* to get off the deck and start the day immediately.
Would you go back? Really?
In a heartbeat. Even with the walrus mini-fridge and the slightly dated decor. Even with the kid chaos. The views. The sunsets. The feeling of being *away* from it all... it's worth it. Yes, it's a "best-kept secret." But, if you're looking for a truly unforgettable experience in the heart of Utah's red rocks, Aikens Lodge? Yeah, absolutely. Just... don't tell *too* many people, okay? I want it to stay a secret for a just a *little* bit longer. And if you spot me staring at the sunset, just smile. I'll be busy crying with joy as the sky does what it does in a blaze of glory.