Escape to Iowa: Unbeatable Deals at Emmetsburg's Best Suburban Motel!
Escape to Iowa: Unbeatable Deals at Emmetsburg's Best Suburban Motel! - A Riveting Review (Prepare for Rambles!)
Alright, folks, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the world of "Escape to Iowa: Unbeatable Deals at Emmetsburg's Best Suburban Motel!" And lemme tell you, I'm not just here to regurgitate some PR-spun brochure language. Oh no. I'm here to… well, to experience it. And then tell you all about it, warts and all. Expect some… tangents. Consider yourself warned.
First Impressions (and the Road Trip Blues)
So, Emmetsburg. Iowa. My GPS, bless its electronic heart, pointed me in the right direction. I'm not gonna lie, the drive… was a drive. You know, that classic Midwestern scenery: vast fields, the occasional cow, the feeling that you're the only person on the planet. But hey, that’s half the charm, right? And after a long, soul-crushing drive, that "Unbeatable Deals" promise was looking mighty appealing. I was ready to escape something.
Accessibility, and (My) Access to a Comfy Bed!
Okay, let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way first. Accessibility. I'm not using a wheelchair, but it's important, so credit to the motel for including it in their service. The website states: Wheelchair accessible. That’s good. Details on how accessible would be even better, but the possibility is there.
- Air conditioning in public area is a must!
- Elevator: Praise the travel gods! No back-breaking flights of stairs after a long day.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Again, the mere mention is appreciated. More specifics needed, but the intent seems decent.
Check-in (Hopefully Contactless, Please!)
Alright, this is where things get… interesting. The website touts Contactless check-in/out. Glorious! After dealing with airport security and the interstate, any chance to avoid human interaction is a blessing. And I can tell you already I'm a fan of Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private]!
Inside the Fortress (aka the Room)
The room, people. The room is a haven, and I’m picky. Before I go any further, I need to emphasize my personal checklist of vital amenities:
- Air conditioning: ESSENTIAL.
- Free Wi-Fi: Mandatory in this day and age.
- Desk: If I need to work, I want a proper desk, not some flimsy metal folding thing. And I'm glad they had it!
- Refrigerator: To chill my beer, of course.
- Safe: For my laptop.
Now, let's get into the room details
- Air conditioning: Check! And it works!
- Alarm clock: Not needed, my phone's enough.
- Bathrobes: Nice touch, but I only wear them if I'm pretending I'm in a fancy movie.
- Bathroom phone: A bit extra, but hey, why not?
- Bathtub: Excellent for a hot soak after the drive. And it looked clean!
- Blackout curtains: Pure gold! Slept like a baby.
- Closet: Standard stuff, but functional.
- Coffee/tea maker: Needed, since I have to drink coffee.
- Complimentary tea: Nice.
- Daily housekeeping: Spotless.
- Desk: Check!
- Extra-long bed: Heaven! Or maybe just a really good night's sleep.
- Free bottled water: Always appreciated.
- Hair dryer: My hair is short, but this is good for those who are less fortunate!
- High floor: I didn't specifically request one, although there isn't an option to request one on the hotel site, but I'm glad that I got one.
- In-room safe box: Smart.
- Interconnecting room(s) available
- Internet access – LAN
- Internet access – wireless: Check!
- Ironing facilities: Didn't need it, but good to know.
- Laptop workspace: Yep.
- Linens: Clean and fresh!
- Mini bar: Tempting, but I'm on a budget!
- Mirror: Essential for preening (or checking to see if you have something stuck in your teeth).
- Non-smoking: Phew.
- On-demand movies: Nice for a lazy evening.
- Private bathroom: Necessary.
- Reading light: Useful for late-night reading (or pretending to read).
- Refrigerator: Check!
- Safety/security feature
- Satellite/cable channels:
- Scale
- Seating area: It wasn't the roomiest seating area, but I was alone and it worked fine.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Luxury!
- Shower: Fine!
- Slippers: Nice.
- Smoke detector: Good!
- Socket near the bed: Genius!
- Sofa: Okay, I didn't have a sofa in my room!
- Soundproofing: Not the best, but okay.
- Telephone: I did not use this.
- Toiletries: Yep.
- Towels: Soft and fluffy.
- Umbrella:
- Visual alarm: Not needed.
- Wake-up service: Pass.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Crucial.
- Window that opens: YES! Fresh air is a must.
Wi-Fi – The Lifeblood of the Modern Traveler
Okay, let's talk Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Internet access – wireless also sounds great. And… it worked! Praise be! I needed to upload photos, check emails, and generally stay connected to the modern world. The connection was strong and reliable. No buffering nightmares! Huge win. I needed the Laptop workspace.
Dining and Drinking (Fueling the Adventure!)
The website promises all kinds of temptations. Let’s start with Room service [24-hour]: That's appealing, to be honest. I'm a sucker for late-night snacks.
- A la carte in restaurant
- Asian breakfast
- Asian cuisine in restaurant
- Bar: Tempting, but I was tired.
- Bottle of water: Nice touch.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Okay!
- Breakfast service
- Buffet in restaurant
- Coffee/tea in restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Desserts in restaurant
- Happy hour
- International cuisine in restaurant
- Poolside bar
- Restaurants
- Salad in restaurant
- Snack bar
- Soup in restaurant
- Vegetarian restaurant
- Western breakfast
- Western cuisine in restaurant
Leisure Time (Ways to Relax… Or Not!)
- Body scrub
- Body wrap
- Fitness center: My nemesis.
- Foot bath
- Gym/fitness
- Massage
- Pool with view
- Sauna
- Spa
- Spa/sauna
- Steamroom
- Swimming pool
- Swimming pool [outdoor]
Cleanliness and Safety (The Important Stuff!)
Okay, let's get serious for a moment. In these times, Cleanliness and safety are paramount. And I can tell you now that everything was clean. Now, here's what the motel advertises:
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Good.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Excellent.
- Hand sanitizer: Always important.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Nice.
- Hygiene certification: Important.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Good.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Good.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Good.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Essential.
- Safe dining setup: Great.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Good.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Good.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter)
- Audio-visual equipment for special events
- Business facilities
- Cash withdrawal
- Concierge
- Convenience store
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping: Spotless!
Okay, buckle up buttercups. This isn't your grandma's perfectly-formatted travel guide. This is real life, in all its glory, smack-dab in the middle of Iowa, at the ahem scenic Americas Best Value Inn in Emmetsburg. Prepare for a journey… of questionable sanity.
EMMETSBURG EXTRAVAGANZA: A Travel “Plan” (More Like an Out-of-Control Train)
Day 1: Arrival and "Welcome to the Heartland" (aka, Mild Panic)
- 1:00 PM: Crawl out of the car after that five-hour drive. Seriously, I swear my spine has fused into a question mark. And the car smells faintly of stale gas station coffee and regret. (Was that me?)
- 1:15 PM: Check into the Americas Best Value Inn. Okay, let's be honest, the neon sign out front is screaming "low budget," but hey, I'm an optimist! Maybe the room has a certain… charm. (Spoiler alert: it doesn't.)
- 1:20 PM: The room. Okay, fine, the carpet is a questionable shade of brown, and I'm pretty sure I heard a faint whistling sound, potentially emanating from the air conditioner, which is, of course, on full blast. The good news? The bed looks clean…ish.
- 1:30 PM: Immediate bathroom inspection. The shower, oh, the shower. I've seen more luxurious prison cells. Jury's out on whether the water pressure is a trickle or a torrent. Fingers crossed I don't get a fungal infection just by breathing in the humid air.
- 2:00 PM: Hunger pangs kick in. Time to explore the Emmetsburg dining scene. Prepare for an emotionally fraught journey!
- 2:30 PM: A quick scout around the town. "Quaint" is the word that comes to mind. Possibly followed by the word "quiet". I think I've walked past more tumbleweeds than people. Still, the small-town vibe is kinda growing on me.
- 3:00 PM: Found some place to eat - oh joy, its McDonald's. A classic. I've eaten food here before but, maybe I will experience a food-based existential crisis. I order a big mac and some fries.
- 3:30 PM: Eating the Big Mac brings me back to my early years, and it remind me of the simple pleasures of life. "I feel happy, oh my gosh I am happy" I said. People looked at me like I was crazy, guess that's not a rarity for me.
- 4:30 PM: "I will go shopping" I said, but then I had the idea in the back of my mind that I might experience a food coma. I don't think I can do it.
- 7:00 PM: Back to the hotel, tired. Decided to skip a movie. I am getting some rest, I need it.
Day 2: Exploring the Depths of Emmetsburg (and My Own Sanity)
- 6:00 AM: Woke up at 6 AM. I was too excited to sleep, I looked at the window, and it was like I was back in the womb again. (I'm sorry if that's a weird thought,)
- 7:30 AM: I decided to go to a cafe, and take a glimpse of the world. Maybe experience some moments in my life.
- 8:15 AM: I am at some cafe. I ordered some coffee. I think I might need it, I feel like I am not okay.
- 9:00 AM: I am getting some energy back. I can't believe how a simple coffee can make you feel amazing. I need this more often.
- 9:30 AM: Decided to go for a walk and see the town, and enjoy the fresh air.
- 10:30 AM: Decided to go to a museum. I saw some ancient objects, and felt a moment with them.
- 12:00 PM: Time to go back to the hotel. I am really tired.
- 12:30 PM: Had some lunch. The food was good.
- 1:00 PM: I will work out today, get some energy, get my blood pumping.
- 2:00 PM: I did not go the gym, I felt tired.
- 3:00 PM: Time to chill, I need the chill.
- 7:00 PM: Sleep time again.
Day 3: Farewell, Emmetsburg! (Thank God)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up.
- 7:30 AM: Check out of the hotel.
- 8:00 AM: Head to the nearest city.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at a city.
- 2:00 PM: Check the hotel again.
- 3:00 PM: Eat food.
- 6:00 PM: Start the journey home.
- 10:00 PM: Arrive home.
Final Thoughts:
Emmetsburg. It was… an experience. I laughed, I cringed, I possibly contemplated the meaning of existence while staring at the questionable wallpaper in my hotel room. Would I recommend it? Maybe. If you're looking for a dose of authentic Americana, a break from the usual tourist traps, and have a penchant for the slightly bizarre, then Emmetsburg might just be your jam. Just, you know, bring your own pillow. And maybe a hazmat suit. Just in case.
WoodSpring Suites Junction City, KS: Your Home Away From Home (Best Rates Guaranteed!)So, "Escape to Iowa: Unbeatable Deals at Emmetsburg's Best Suburban Motel"... is that a joke? Seriously?
Okay, look, I get it. Iowa isn't exactly synonymous with "glamorous getaway." But honestly? That's kind of the point! I was skeptical too, alright? I pictured flickering fluorescent lights, questionable continental breakfasts, and a lingering smell of… well, you know. But listen, this place, the "Suburban Motel" (and yes, that's the actual name – they embraced the whole… suburban thing!), it’s… surprisingly charming. We're talking legitimately clean rooms (a HUGE win, trust me, after some of the motels I've seen), a friendly owner who *actually* seems to care, and, the kicker: the unbeatable *deals*! My wallet practically wept with joy. I kid you not, one night, I literally got a room for cheaper than a large pizza. Pizza and a bed? Yes, please! I’m still not *completely* sold on the "escape" part (escaping *what* exactly? the monotony of… well, everything? ), but hey, it's an adventure, people, a budget-friendly adventure.
P.S. Don't expect a pool. They don't have that. But... they *do* have super comfy beds. And that's sometimes all you need, right? Right?
"Suburban Motel?" That sounds… generic. What's *actually* good about the place?
Alright, "generic" is fair. But let me paint you a picture… Picture this: I’m late, *very* late, for a meeting (don't ask). I’m stressed, hangry (essential information!), and the GPS is betraying me. I pull up to the Suburban Motel, expecting… well, disappointment. Instead? Sunlight. Yes, sunlight, somehow peeking through the perfectly clean windows. And you know what? The lobby wasn't some sad, desolate space. Nope, it actually had a *vibe*. I'm not sure how or why, but it did. There was a local newspaper, a well-stocked coffee machine (vital!), and the owner, a woman named Barb, greeted me with the sort of genuine smile you just don't see anymore. And, this part is huge: the room smelled *fresh*. No musty odors of previous guests. That, my friends, is a victory. A small victory, perhaps, but a victory nonetheless. This is like, peak, "unexpected-charm" territory, I am telling you. I swear, one stayed there, and the next day was actually *better* and I don't know why!
Unbeatable deals… how unbeatable are we talking? Like, what's a typical price range for a room?
Okay, this is where it gets truly magical. I’m not joking when I say it's often cheaper than… well, a lot. I'm talking, depending on the season and availability, anywhere from, like, $50 to $90 a night. Seriously. Sometimes even less! And get this: they often have special offers. Like, "Stay two nights, get a discount!" or "Free coffee and donuts on weekends!" (the donuts were… okay. But free donuts are still free donuts!). I'm telling you, you could legitimately take a road trip *just* to stay at the Suburban Motel and it'd still be cheaper than… well, nearly anything else, probably. I am not even joking. I always tell my friends and they look at me like I am, but when they finally try it, they love it! Seriously try it! You won't regret it!
What's the wifi situation like? Because, you know, gotta stay connected.
Ah, the modern dilemma. The wifi? It's… adequate. Let's just go with adequate. It’s not the fastest, that's for sure. I tried to stream a movie once and… well, let's just say I learned a lot about the loading screen. But it works. You can check your emails, browse the internet, and generally stay connected to the world. Think of it as a forced digital detox. A chance to… gasp… actually *talk* to the person you're traveling with. Or, you know, stare out the window and contemplate the vastness of the Iowa landscape. Which, let's be honest, is a decent thing to do every once in a while. Sometimes the internet is down, but it's a motel, so what do you expect?!
Is there anything to *do* in Emmetsburg? Or are you just trapped in a motel?
Okay, this is where things get… interesting. Emmetsburg isn’t exactly brimming with tourist attractions. But that's part of the charm, right? It's a *real* place, with *real* people. And, yeah, okay, you're going to want a car. But think of all the "un-touristy" things you can do! You can explore the shops, wander around the Courthouse Square (which is actually quite pretty), and get to know some of the locals! I met a lady who had the best story about the history of a certain store and boy was it interesting! There's a local diner (called "The Depot" with a, like, *legendary* breakfast burrito!), and a few friendly bars. I personally found the lack of flashy distractions… liberating. I finally caught up on my reading, did some writing, and just… relaxed. It was kind of amazing. Plus, the lack of pressure to "do" things is *fantastic*. You're free to just... *be*. And, you know what? Sometimes that's the best kind of escape. I mean, you can always drive a few hours to Des Moines if you get bored. But you won't. You'll be too busy enjoying your cheap room. ;)
Let's get real: What's the worst thing about staying at the Suburban Motel?
Alright, okay, enough sunshine and rainbows. Let's get the down and dirty. Honestly? It's not the *worst* place.But the location isn't perfect. You're in the suburbs, so you can hear the very occasional passing car. It's quiet, but not *silent*. And… the decor. The decor is… definitely "suburban." Think floral wallpaper, maybe some questionable artwork. It's not exactly the height of interior design, but hey, you're not there to judge the art. You're there for the cheap rooms and, um... escape from the daily grind, right? That, and the free donut situation can be hit or miss. Seriously. One day they were amazing, the next they were… well, let's just say I ate one, and then went to the grocery store to buy my own. But even with those minor imperfections, it's still worth it. Because again, where else can you get a bed at that price?
Should I *actually* book a room? Like, is this is a joke, or are you serious?
Look, I’m notHotel Near Me Search