Lloydminster's BEST Western Plus: Unbelievable Deals & Luxurious Stay!

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Lloydminster's BEST Western Plus: Unbelievable Deals & Luxurious Stay!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling vortex of… Lloydminster's Best Western Plus: "Unbelievable Deals & Luxurious Stay!" And yes, I’m totally jazzed to unpack this place. Forget those sterile, perfect travel reviews – you’re getting the unvarnished truth, the messy glory, the rollercoaster ride of my own experience.

First Impressions: Arrival & Accessibility - Not Bad, But…

Alright, landing in Lloydminster – you know, the oil patch haven of the Prairies (it’s a vibe, folks) – you’re looking for somewhere to crash, right? From the outside, Best Western Plus looks…well, exactly like a Best Western Plus. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's clean and presentable.

Accessibility? Yeah, they say they’ve got it. Wheelchair accessible? Check. Elevator? Double check. But, and this is a big but, navigating hotel accessibility is often a frustrating dance. I appreciated the concept of accessibility, and I saw elevators, ramps etcetera but I don't rely on them, but it's essential to phone ahead to confirm current conditions because there may be issues with accessibility at times.

The Room – A Mixed Bag of Comfort & Clutter.

Now, the room! This is where things get…interesting. Air conditioning? Oh, yes. Thank the heavens. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! Praise be! Seriously, a must-have in this day and age, and actually works (unlike some hotels, cough, cough). Internet access – LAN? Sure, if you're still rocking a dial-up vibe. Not me. I am firmly in the Wi-Fi generation.

The bed? Pretty comfy, if I'm being honest. Extra long bed? Yep. I'm a taller person, and it was great. I loved the blackout curtains, a lifesaver after a long drive. No more sun-related morning horrors. But let's talk room decorations. Mild, mostly, but the occasional framed artwork on the wall… whistles. Overall, the room offered a solid base for a stay.

But there’s always a “but,” isn’t there? The mirror seemed to be slightly too high for someone of my height. And the coffee/tea maker, a mainstay of hotel life, had that faint, slightly-stale-coffee-from-last-week aroma. Come on, people! We are trying to live the dream here. Cleanliness was generally good, but I did find, for a moment, a stray, errant hair on the floor that was very dark and long. No worries, but it's there for the sake of honesty.

Cleanliness and Safety – A Little Peace of Mind

This is crucial these days, right? Anti-viral cleaning products? Sounds good. Rooms sanitized between stays? Great. Staff trained in safety protocol? Let's hope so! I did see, and I appreciated, the hand sanitizer pumps strategically placed. And also, the presence of smoke alarms and a fire extinguisher made me feel like, at least, they’re trying.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The Gastronomic Gauntlet

Okay, let's get real. Hotel food is… well, it's hotel food. But Best Western here actually tries. There's a Breakfast [buffet]. Now, here's a story… I'm usually a fast-and-out breakfast person. You've got to face the day, right? But this time, I decided to indulge a little. I decided to go full out, to be a tourist in my own hotel. I ate EVERYTHING: The oatmeal, the scrambled eggs, the little sausage links, the pastries, even a side of fruit. Oh, and the coffee? Endless. This was a moment of true joy, an unashamed dive into a breakfast fantasy. It was so good that I went twice. And you know what? The buffet was pretty darn good. It was an international buffet, with a good spread of different cuisines. At least, I think they were different cuisines. I was too busy enjoying my sausage links to overthink it! I also noted the presence of Asian breakfast and Western breakfast, providing a nice breadth.

Beyond breakfast, the presence of a snack bar and room service [24-hour] is always a bonus. It is good to know that, in the event of a midnight craving, you can call for a burger.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax – The Spa…and the Gym.

Alright, I am not a "spa" person. I am not. I do not "relax" in the traditional sense. But I have had to write about the Best Western Plus in Lloydminister, so I did. It contains a sauna, a steamroom, a spa/sauna, a fitness center, and a swimming pool (and I'm going to assume they've got showers.) But the truth? I went, I looked, and then I bolted. I'm more of a "flop on the bed and watch TV" kind of traveler.

But listen, if you're into that whole "unwind and rejuvenate" thing, then you're probably in luck. However, I am not one of those people.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

This is where Best Western Plus shines. Daily housekeeping? Excellent. Laundry service? Appreciated. Concierge? Handy. Cash withdrawal! (Yes, that's an important one). Meeting/banquet facilities? If you're in Lloydminster for business, which, let's be honest, is a good possibility, they’ve clearly got you covered. There is also a convenience store, and I had to buy a phone charger, and it was very handy.

For the Kids – Babysitting? Alright!

Okay, I don't have kids. But I did note that they offer babysitting service, which is a real lifesaver for those traveling with the little monsters - I mean, angels. The family/child friendly tag is good too.

Getting Around – Parking…and More Parking.

Car park [free of charge]? YES!!! Thank you, Best Western Plus. Thank you. Car park [on-site]? Double yes. Look, parking in this town? Don't like to pay for it.

The Bottom Line: Should You Stay?

Look, Best Western Plus, Lloydminster, isn't going to blow your mind. But it's a solid, reliable choice. It’s clean, mostly comfortable, has all the basic amenities, and the breakfast is worth the price of admission. The staff could always be friendlier, but at least they do the job.

Quirky Observation/Emotional Reactions

This place is definitely a perfect way to see the world. You can relax. You can work. You can eat some sausage and drink copious amounts of coffee. You can sit on your balcony and watch people walk by. If you're not looking for some kind of five-star experience, then this is a great place to stay.

The Offer: My Quirky Recommendation

**Book your stay at Lloydminster's Best Western Plus, and embrace the unapologetically average. Here, you get all the basics without the pretension. *Book using code "AVERAGEJOE" for an extra 10% off your room, plus a free breakfast upgrade – because you deserve it.* And hey, if you see someone wandering around in a bathrobe at seven in the morning, that might be me. Don't judge.

Route 66 Gem: Litchfield's Quality Inn - Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because this isn't your Aunt Mildred's meticulously organized travel itinerary. This is life, Lloydminster-style. We’re talking Best Western Plus, Alberta, Canada – and let’s be honest, probably a whole lotta prairie wind involved. Here goes nothing…

The Lloydminster Lollapalooza: A Stream-of-Consciousness Itinerary (with a Side of Doubt)

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Angst in a Parking Lot (Probably)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster. Okay, first impressions… clean parking lot. That's a win, right? I mean, a clean parking lot is basically the gold standard of highway hotels. My inner voice is already chirping, "Is this it? Is this life?" I'm pretty sure I packed too many pairs of socks. Seriously, who needs six pairs of socks for a weekend in Alberta?
  • 1:15 PM: Check-in. Pray to the room-service gods that the elevator actually works. Bonus points if the check-in person is genuinely, truly happy to be there. (Spoiler alert: it’s an uphill battle for them, same as it is for me. Let's hope it's not a complete drag.)
  • 1:30 PM: Room Reconnaissance. Assess the situation. Is the bed a comfy cloud or a concrete slab? Is the TV from the dark ages (dial-up internet is still a thing, right?)? Immediately start Googling “Nearest Coffee Shop That Isn't a Gas Station.” Pray for a decent view. My last hotel view was of a dumpster. Not ideal.
  • 1:45 PM: Unpack. Pretend I'm organized. Secretly, just shove everything into the drawers and hope for the best. I'm the master of the "everything-is-where-I-think-it-is" method. So far, it's almost always wrong.
  • 2:00 PM: The Grand Quest for Caffeine/Sugar. This is the most important part of the day. Find the aforementioned coffee shop. If it’s a Tim Horton’s, I’ll probably cry a little inside, because I have a complicated relationship with their coffee. It's a love-hate thing, you know? But survival depends on it.
    • 2:30 PM: Ahem, Coffee acquired. Commence the sugar and caffeine-fueled exploration!
  • 3:00 PM: "Tourist" activity. Maybe a drive around town. Maybe look at the World's Largest Border Marker. Maybe consider the meaning of life while staring at it. Honestly, I'll probably feel slightly awkward, tourist-ing alone. I'm terrible at appearing nonchalant when I feel like a fish out of water.

Day 2: Full-On Prairie Immersion (and Possible Culinary Disaster)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Fingers crossed for edible scrambled eggs. I'm mentally preparing for the potential for rubbery texture. Again.
  • 9:00 AM: The Lloydminster Museum and Archives. I feel like I should be culturally enriched. I fully intend to learn about the local history. But let's be real, I might zone out and just admire the architecture.
    • 9:30 AM: At the Museum. Okay, the local history is fascinating… about 50% of the time. The old photos are kinda cool, but I’m starting to daydream about lunch.
    • 11:00 AM: Food! I must find a truly good diner. I’m thinking maybe a burger but honestly, anything other than hotel food will be a win.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: That diner…Let's be honest: I overate. I need a nap. I WILL nap!
  • 4:01 PM: Awaken from the nap. Feeling slightly guilty about squandering the day on a nap, but also, refreshed.
  • 5:00 PM: The evening entertainment! I'll try the local brewery. It's either the beer, or me who gets boozy. I'm betting on the beer.
    • 7:00 PM: The brewery is fun! Even if the beer is… well… it's beer.

Day 3: Goodbye, Prairie (and Maybe a Shopping Spree)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Repeat the egg-assessment from yesterday. Pray harder for fluffier eggs.
  • 9:00 AM: Final round of souvenir shopping. What do you even get in Lloydminster? I'm thinking a funny t-shirt. Or maybe a postcard that actually says “I Survived Lloydminster.”
  • 10:00 AM: Pack. Realize I have way too much stuff. Vow to travel lighter next time. I won't, of course.
  • 11:00 AM: Check Out. Hope the bill doesn't shock me. Leave a generous tip for the overworked cleaning staff, because they deserve all the good things in life.
  • 11:30 AM: This may or may not include a quick trip to the Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop. Just to look!
  • 12:00 PM: Hit the road. Reflect on the weekend. Did I have a good time? Honestly, yeah, I think so. Mostly. Maybe. I'm still processing.
  • 12:30 PM: The Drive Home. I will listen to music. I will feel the wind. I will likely get hungry again. Sigh. And then… I will go home.

Emotional Wrap-Up:

This trip wasn't perfect. It wasn't even remotely organized. But it was real. I had good coffee, questionable eggs, and a glimpse of life in Lloydminster. Would I go back? Probably. Eventually. After I've processed the whole experience and gotten my socks organized.

And honestly? That's enough.

Unbelievable Views! Big Tree's BEST Kept Secret: Stadium View Inn (NY)

Book Now

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Alright, Let's Talk Best Western Plus, Lloydminster (and Why My Wallet and My Sanity Barely Survived)

So, Unbelievable Deals, huh? What's the REAL deal with the deals at Best Western Plus, Lloydminster, like REALLY real?

Okay, listen, "unbelievable" is a strong word. My expectations and budget... they're both constantly bruised by travel. I've seen "deals" that involve signing your soul over to the devil (or at least, taking a timeshare tour). The BW Plus? It's... decent. You gotta hunt. Check the different booking sites, compare prices. Sometimes, early booking *is* key. Sometimes, it’s the opposite and you're better off waiting and seeing if last minute deals drop. But yeah, "unbelievable" might be pushing it. Think "pretty good deal if you're not trying to spend a month’s salary" kind of deal. I once found a steal (ish) and practically did a little victory dance in the parking lot... until I realized I was still paying for breakfast. Ugh. But hey, at least I wasn't sleeping in my car, right? Right?!

Luxurious Stay – Is it Really Luxurious? Give me the lowdown. Don't sugarcoat it.

"Luxurious" is another one of those words travel companies love to throw around, alongside "boutique" and "charming". Look, it's a *Best Western Plus*. Let's temper those expectations, shall we? Think…clean, comfortable, with a slightly nicer-than-average room compared to the regular old Best Western. My personal take? The beds are usually pretty comfy. And the bathroom? Generally clean, with decent water pressure. I mean, I once stayed in a *hotel* (and I use the term VERY loosely) where the showerhead was practically glued to the wall with… well, I don’t even want to *think* about what it was glued with. Compared to THAT horror show, the BW Plus in Lloydminster is practically the Ritz. Seriously. My stay was solid: TV worked, AC worked, the occasional weird noise at night, but eh, you get used to it. No screaming monkeys in the vents, which is a win in my book. I will say the pool area... not quite the 'luxurious spa retreat' they advertise, but it was clean enough. And hey, they had a hot tub! Always a plus, especially after a long drive. That said? I've seen better, I've seen worse. It's generally a solid, no-frills, comfortable-enough stay and that's fine.

Breakfast: Yay or Nay? (and be honest, I hate those powdered eggs!)

Oh, breakfast. Don't even get me STARTED. Okay, deep breaths. Some Best Westerns are *okay*. Some offer the full buffet experience with the "hot breakfast" items, the waffle maker, the all-you-can-eat... the *temptation*. This one? It’s… fine. Definitely avoid the powdered eggs if you can. Those things are a crime against breakfast everywhere. The other options usually include cereal, some pastries, toast, yogurt, maybe some sad-looking fruit, and for the love of all things holy, COFFEE. And the coffee... well, sometimes it's decent in enough quantities but the "unlimited coffee" can turn into this watery, lukewarm sadness that leaves you longing for a good diner. I'm a coffee snob, sorry. But yeah, it'll fill the hole, it's included (usually), and will probably get you through to lunch. And I guess for the price, you can't complain *too* much. Just pack a protein bar just in case.

What About the Staff? Rude? Helpful? Invisible?!

Okay, this is where things get interesting. The staff experience is a mixed bag. Mostly, I've found the staff to be... *pleasant*. Not necessarily effusive and overly friendly, but definitely not rude. They're generally efficient, deal with the endless parade of guests in and out with a professional, and, let’s be honest, probably very *tired*, demeanor. I had a small issue with a noisy room after a LONG drive once and the front desk *immediately* moved me to a quieter one. That? Absolute gold in my book. Other times, I've encountered slightly less-than-enthusiastic greetings. It really depends on the day, the shift, the phase of the moon… you know how it goes. They are helpful. They will answer your questions. And they are, most of the time, at least *trying* to make your stay decent so, yeah, I'd say they are fine.

Location, Location, Location... Is it actually *convenient*?

Lloydminster is Lloydminster. Location is going to depend on what you're *doing* in Lloydminster. If you're there for business and the hotel is near your work, then yes! Super convenient. If you're there for a specific event and it's close to that, then WINNING! If you are going to explore the area or just looking around, then you might need to drive. But in general, the BW Plus is usually in a pretty accessible spot relative to other things you might want to do or need to get to. It tends to not to be in the absolute *middle* of nowhere or *right on* the busiest highway either. So, it’s okay. Just check a map. Really, just check a map. Don’t just blindly trust me on this.

Parking...Is it a Nightmare? Is someone going to steal my beat-up minivan?

Parking! Okay, another deep breath. Generally, no, it's not a nightmare. It's usually plentiful. The beat-up minivan should be relatively safe. I've never witnessed any parking-related drama. You know, no cars on cinder blocks, no smashed windows. Knock on wood. Of course, I can't *guarantee* anything, especially not in a public parking area, but I've never felt particularly worried. Just lock the doors and don't leave valuables in plain sight. (And maybe, just *maybe*, don't park right next to the guy with the souped-up, loud pickup truck at 3 a.m.)

Okay, Final Verdict: Would You Stay There Again? Be brutally honest!

Brutally honest? Okay, here we go. It's… complicated. My gut reaction? YES. If the price is right (which, as we covered, requires a bit of online sleuthing). If I'm in Lloydminster and I just need a clean, comfortable bed and a hot shower, yes. The staff is okay. The breakfast is okay. The lack of truly luxurious amenities? Eh, I can live without those. My biggest thing is cleanliness and the BW Plus has consistently delivered on that front. Now, would I pick it for a romantic getaway? Probably not. Would I use it as a base for exploring the Canadian Rockies? No. But for a decent place to crash during a road trip or a business trip? Absolutely. It's reliable, relatively predictable, and, let's be honest, sometimes that's all you're looking for when you're onLow Price Hotel Blog

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada

Best Western Plus Meridian Lloydminster (AB) Canada