Escape to Paradise: High Level's Hidden Gem - Best Western PLUS Mirage!

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Escape to Paradise: High Level's Hidden Gem - Best Western PLUS Mirage!

Escape to Paradise: High Level's Hidden Gem - Best Western PLUS Mirage! - A Review That's Surprisingly Honest (And Might Actually Convince You To Go!)

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's fluffy hotel review. We're going deep on the Best Western PLUS Mirage in High Level. Because let's be real, sometimes you just need a good hotel, and sometimes… you need a mirage of a good time. Let's see if this place delivers.

First Impressions (and Accessibility - Because That Matters!)

Okay, first off – getting there. High Level, Alberta. It's… up there. Seriously. But the accessibility at the Mirage? Actually, surprisingly good! They've got elevators (essential!), and I saw some ramps around. Specifics? I'm not a wheelchair user myself, but the descriptions on the website seem to be pretty honest about amenities. Plus, knowing they care about basic stuff like that makes a big difference. Score one for the Mirage!

Rooms: Will It Be a Mirage of Comfort, or the Real Deal?

So, the rooms. They’re available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Okay, that's a lot. My room had all the basics. The bed was… a bed. Fine, not a rockstar, not a disaster. The blackout curtains saved my soul (and my need for a lie-in). The coffee/tea situation? Crucial. And hey, free Wi-Fi in the room? Absolute win. No one wants to pay extra to scroll through Instagram, am I right? The window that opens was a nice touch. You can actually get some real air in the place – not always a given!

Internet: Keeping Connected in "The North"

Wi-Fi [free] – Yeah, it worked! No complaints here. Internet access – LAN… I didn't test the LAN, but the Wi-Fi was solid. Good for streaming, catching up on emails, you know, surviving. Internet services – I’m assuming they have some because of the LAN and Wi-FI availability.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Real Deal (Hopefully!)

This is where things get SERIOUS in the post-pandemic world. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit

Okay, so the Mirage is taking this seriously. I saw hand sanitizer everywhere. I felt… cautiously optimistic. It's not perfect, but hey, they're trying.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Hunger Games

A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant

The food scene. Alright, let’s be honest – I was starving! I hit the buffet for breakfast. It was… what you expect from a Best Western buffet. Pancakes, sausage, eggs – the usual suspects. The coffee was okay. Not life-changing. I did manage to score a decent salad. The bar looked like a decent place to unwind after a long day. The poolside bar didn’t exist because it was cold out, but it’s nice to know it is there!

Things to Do (Beyond Just Sleeping!): Relaxation and Recreation

Here's where things get interesting… or not.

Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]

Okay, the fitness center? It's there. I peeped in. It had… equipment? I'm a runner, so that’s my go-to. The pool was indoor. It looked… fine. Clean, anyway. And the spa/sauna situation? I didn't delve in, but it seems pretty decent. So, if you're into relaxation after a long haul, it’s possible.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center

The concierge: I didn't need anything major, but the staff at the front desk were helpful. The daily housekeeping was appreciated (thank you, kind maids!). The convenience store was handy for grabbing a snack and a soda at 11 pm. The elevator was a godsend. And the luggage storage! Saved my back on check-out.

For the Kids (or those who just want a babysitter!)

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal

I didn't have any kids in tow, but it seemed like they were family-friendly.

Getting Around (and Parking!)

Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking

Free parking! That's always a win. Didn’t see any bike racks, unfortunately. I believe they have airport transfer if you are flying in.

The Good, the Bad, and the… Mirage?

Okay, so is the Best Western PLUS Mirage a five-star resort? No. Is it a perfect paradise? Heck no. But it's a solid, comfortable, and surprisingly well-equipped hotel in High Level. It's clean, the staff is friendly, and they're trying. And sometimes, that's all you need.

The Offer! (Because You Need a Reason to Book!)

Tired of the same old hotel routine? Craving a getaway that’s comfortable, convenient, and won't break the bank?

Here’s the deal:

Escape to Paradise: High Level's Hidden Gem - Best Western PLUS Mirage! is offering a limited-time special:

  • Book your stay for any weekend in the next month and receive a complimentary upgrade (based on availability!) – maybe a room with a view!
  • Enjoy a 10% discount on your stay when you use the code "HIGHLEVELESCAPE" at checkout.
  • Receive a free welcome drink at the bar upon arrival (because you deserve it!).
  • Plus! We guarantee you'll find:
    • Free Wi-Fi to stay connected while you relax.
    • An indoor pool and spa, for your relaxation.
    • Free parking, because, well, it helps!
    • A commitment to safety, with enhanced cleaning protocols and extra measures for your peace of mind.

Don't wait! This offer won't last forever. Book your escape to High Level today and experience a surprisingly delightful stay at the Best Western PLUS Mirage! Click here [link to booking] and use code "HIGHLEVELESCAPE" to redeem your offer.

Get ready – adventure (and a good night's sleep!) awaits!

Ibis München Airport: Your Unbeatable Sued Munich Hotel Deal!

Book Now

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your momma's itinerary. This is the Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort in High Level, Alberta, my itinerary. And let's be honest, I'm winging it, possibly already off-schedule, and fueled by questionable gas station coffee. Here we go… (deep breath)

Day 1: Arrival, Apprehension, and the All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Debacle

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort. Okay, the pictures online made this place look… grander. Let's just say the reality doesn't quite live up to the brochure's promise. The lobby smells faintly of chlorine and regret. Still, clean enough, I suppose. Check-in. The lady at the front desk is way too cheerful for this time of day. Is this Alberta sunshine getting to her? I swear, she smiled as I handed her my credit card, and that’s a warning sign if I've ever seen one.

  • 1:30 PM: Room Reconnaissance. Room 317. "Standard Queen." It's functional, I'll give it that. The bed looks…adequate. The TV has more channels than I'll ever watch, but that's beside the point. Most importantly, does the Wi-Fi work? (Fingers crossed – survival depends on this). I’m not going to lie, the view of the parking lot is… inspiring, in that it inspires me to want to leave. But at least there IS a view.

  • 2:00 PM: Decision Time: High Level Exploration or Pancake Predicament? The brochure practically shouted, "Visit the local museum!" But the growling in my stomach overruled. There's a restaurant in this hotel: the "Mirage Diner." And apparently, it promises an "All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast Buffet… ALL DAY!" I'm calling dibs on being on this place.

  • 2:30 PM: The Pancake Purge. This, my friends, was less a "buffet" and more a chaotic free-for-all. The pancakes… well, they were there. Some were fluffy, some tragically flat, some suspiciously crispy around the edges. The syrup? The consistency and taste reminded me of… well, let’s just say it wasn’t Grade A maple syrup. I tried to be optimistic, I REALLY did. I went back for seconds. I even managed a third plate. But by plate number four, the sugar rush was hitting hard. I'm pretty sure I had to lie down in the bathroom afterward trying to fight back tears.

  • 4:00 PM: The Great Nap. Oh, the sugar crash. It was brutal. I collapsed on the "adequate" bed and slept the sleep of the utterly defeated. (Hey, at least I could see where I was).

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner - Or, “Where Did All The Good Restaurants Go?” After waking up, I thought about maybe ordering some food. So, I Google Maps-ed the area. The search results felt… bleak. My options seemed to be limited to a few fast-food chains and something called "Pizza Delight." Pizza Delight it is, apparently. sigh.

  • 8:30 PM: Evening Entertainment - Channel Surfing and Existential Dread. I switched on the TV and found myself… staring into the abyss of cable television. The channels blurred together. I watched a commercial for a timeshare somewhere warm, and for just a moment, the thought of something warmer, was inviting until I remembered there wasn't really the budget. Ultimately, I ended up reading a book for an hour.

Day 2: Northern Adventures (Maybe), and the Quest for Decent Coffee

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up, Regret the Pancakes, and the Coffee Catastrophe. The first thought? "What did I do?" followed by the painful realization that I had to attempt another pancake adventure. It's a love-hate situation. I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled towards a coffee machine, only to discover the hotel's coffee tasted of burnt motor oil. Okay, world, point taken. This could be the moment of truth.

  • 8:00 AM: "Breakfast" Version 2.0. This time, I'm armed with a can of Sprite. This time, I skip the pancakes and go straight for the bacon.

  • 9:00 AM: Plan Making. I go outside and find the car. The plan is to visit the local lake. It's supposed to be gorgeous.

  • 10:00 AM: Lake Exploration – Or, "Embracing the Empty Spaces." Okay, the lake was… a lake. It was pretty. There were some ducks. I sat on a bench and stared at the water, feeling a curious mix of boredom and peace wash over me. There was a definite lack of people, which was exactly what I needed.

  • 12:00 PM: Return to the Hotel, or the "Seeking Solace in the A/C" phase. It was hot. Too hot. The drive back was smooth, and I needed the relief of the AC.

  • 1:00 PM: The High Level Museum that wasn’t. The museums are closed in High Level. This is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, I was off the hook. On the other, I was now stuck with only the pancake buffet to entertain myself.

  • 2:00 PM: The Final Pancake Gambit. Against my better judgement, I went down for a third time. This time, I kept it to one single (slightly burnt) pancake and a lot of bacon.

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner (Part Deux) - Revisiting Pizza Delight. Desperation is a cruel mistress. The pizza was… well, it was pizza. At least it wasn't pancakes.

  • 8:30 PM: Unwind and prepare for departure. I tried to make the most of the last few hours. I watched more TV, finished a book, and tried to find peace.

  • 10:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 3: See ya later Mirage!

  • 7:00 AM: Farewell, High Level. I wake up, drink the burnt coffee, and pack my things.

  • 8:00 AM: Check Out. The cheerful front desk clerk is still smiling. I hand over the key, and I make a mad dash for the car.

  • 8:30 AM: Hit the Road, Jack. I'm out. I escaped. I survived. High Level, you were… something. And the Best Western? Well, let's just say I'll be needing a long nap when I get back home.

Cagliari's Hidden Gem: Fior di Loto's Irresistible Sweetness!

Book Now

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Escape to Paradise: High Level's Hidden Gem - Best Western PLUS Mirage! - The Truth (and Nothing BUT the Truth!)

Okay, spill the tea! Is the Best Western PLUS Mirage *really* as good as everyone says? Paradise, huh?

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because the "paradise" label requires a *serious* asterisk. Let's be real – it's High Level, Alberta. Picture vast, beautiful nothingness punctuated by oil rigs and the occasional… well, not much. So, in that context? Yeah, the Mirage *can* feel like paradise. Compared to, say, sleeping in a ditch? Absolutely. Is it the Four Seasons? HECK NO.

My first time, I walked in, jet-lagged to hell, and honestly just needed a bed. And a shower. The lobby? Clean, bright, a *slight* hint of chlorine from the pool (a good thing, right?). The staff? Actually friendly. Like, genuinely polite, not the fake plastic smiles you get in bigger cities. This was promising.

What's the deal with the rooms? Tell me *everything*!

The rooms are… reliable. Think "comfortably predictable." The beds are generally good, and let's be honest, after a long day of... well, whatever you're doing in High Level (trucking? Oilfield work? Looking for the Northern Lights? I'm not judging!), a decent bed is GOLD.

Here's the realness: One time, I booked a "King Suite." Sounded fancy, right? Well, the "suite" part meant a slightly bigger room with a… a pull-out couch. Which, let me tell you, was NOT designed for adults. My back protested for a good week. Lesson learned: stick to the regular rooms unless you *really* need to stretch out (or are traveling with your miniature poodle, which is perfectly valid). Also, occasionally the AC has a mind of its own and sounds like a dying walrus. Deal with it or call the front desk. Your choice.

The pool! Everyone raves about the pool. Is it actually worth the hype?

Okay, the pool. This is where the "oasis in the desert" sentiment *kinda* kicks in. Let's be clear: it's not the Olympic-sized pool of your dreams. But after a long day, the warm water, the (sometimes) bubbly jets, the *absence* of screaming kids... It's pretty darn good.

Here’s the thing, though: One time (and I swear this is true), I was enjoying a perfectly peaceful swim, and a HUGE moth the size of my hand *landed* on the surface. I, obviously, squealed like a little girl. The pool's a bit of a gamble, you know? Sometimes, it's pure bliss. Other times… nature. Embrace the chaos. Embrace the moth.

Breakfast: Free food! Is it… edible?

Breakfast at the Mirage is… an experience. Honestly. It’s the kind of breakfast where you shouldn't expect gourmet, but you *can* successfully avoid starvation. There's the usual suspects: scrambled eggs (questionable origins, but… edible), sausage (same), waffles you make yourself (a solid win!), toast, cereal, and fruit. The fruit is a roll of the dice - sometimes it's surprisingly fresh, other times... well, let's just say it's seen better days.

The coffee? Bottomless, and hot. Which, when you're hauling yourself out of bed at 6 AM, is a minor miracle.

Okay, but what's the *real* vibe? Is it a family place? A party place? A… soul-searching retreat?

The vibe is… chill. It's definitely family-friendly – there's usually a scattering of kids splashing in the pool. It's not a party place, thank goodness. And a soul-searching retreat? Well, if your idea of soul-searching involves a comfortable bed and the quiet hum of an air conditioner, then, yes, absolutely.

Honestly, it's a practical place, not a glamorous one. People are there for work, for travel, or just passing through. The Mirage isn't trying to be something it's not. And that, in a weird way, is kinda refreshing. I've found myself getting attached. Maybe it's the predictability of the waffle maker, or the friendly staff, or the fact that it exists in a town that can be *brutally* isolated. Whatever it is, it's got a certain charm. My advice? Lower your expectations, embrace the weirdness, and enjoy the surprisingly good pool. You might just find yourself feeling a little… relaxed. Or at least less stressed than you would be sleeping in that ditch.

Any downsides? *Be honest!*

Oh, absolutely! The internet can be… spotty, especially during peak hours. The elevators are *slow*. And sometimes, the hallways smell faintly of… well, hotel. You know, the kind of bland, generic scent that lingers from a thousand different cleaning products.

And here's a little secret: The walls aren't exactly soundproof. So, if you happen to be next to a family with small children (or a particularly enthusiastic karaoke enthusiast), you might get to know them *very* well.

Would you stay there again? Give it to me straight!

Look, I'm not going to lie. I've stayed at the Mirage multiple times. Do I have better options? Maybe. But in High Level? It's the best option. I mean, yes, I would, absolutely, 100% stay there again. It's a solid, reliable, mostly-clean place to crash. And honestly? Sometimes, that's exactly what you need. Plus, the waffle maker is a winner. And hey, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and that moth will be back.

Unique Hotel Finds

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada

Best Western PLUS Mirage Hotel and Resort High Level (AB) Canada