Burlington's BEST Western? This Hotel Will SHOCK You!

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Burlington's BEST Western? This Hotel Will SHOCK You!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Burlington's Best Western – the one they claim will "SHOCK" you. And honestly? They weren't entirely wrong. (Though maybe the shock was more of a pleasant surprise…or a “huh, that’s interesting” kind of shock. Let's find out!)

First, the Accessibility Angle - Making it Easy on Everyone (Mostly)

Right off the bat, okay, let's get this out of the way. The Best Western in Burlington does try. They've got the basics covered. Wheelchair accessible rooms are available, which is a HUGE win. And that's important! Makes me feel good right aways. Plus, the elevator is smooth, the facilities for disabled guests are, you know, present. They're making an effort to keep the hotel accessible. Internet access isn't an issue. And the Wi-Fi in all rooms! That's what I was waiting for, and I was not disappointed. But is it an accessible dining experience? I'm not sure. Something I'll have to ask about. Also, a huge plus is the Car park [free of charge].

Cleanliness & Safety – Are We All Gonna Make It Out Alive?

Alright, so this is the part where you start to get a little freaked out. But thankfully, the Best Western made it look like a hazmat suit, as opposed to a place where the air is thick with germs. They are serious. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and professional-grade sanitizing services? Check, check, and check! They even have individually-wrapped food options (which, let's be honest, also kinda tastes like it's been sitting there for a while, but hey, safety first, right?). You can even opt-out of room sanitization, which is handy if you're, like, a germaphobe with trust issues.

The staff, bless their little hearts, are trained in safety protocol, and there's hand sanitizer all over the place. Rooms sanitized between stays? Yup. Safe dining setup? Also, yes. They've got the smoke alarms and CCTV in common areas and out the property. I felt…relatively safe. Which, in this day and age, is saying something.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Adventure (Or At Least Keeping You Alive)

Okay, time to get serious! They aren't going to be a Michelin guide winner. However, I was delighted to note the Breakfast [buffet]. Was it the most amazing buffet known to man? No. Did it give me the energy I needed to be a semi-functional human being? Yes. Coffee/tea in restaurant, also good. Snack bar? Perfect for those late-night munchies. And if you're feeling adventurous, they have Asian cuisine in restaurant. I didn't try it, but the options are there, which can definitely shock some people.

Services & Conveniences – The Little Extras That Make You Say "Oh, Okay, This Isn't Terrible…

This is where the Best Western starts to shine. They've got the basics: Air conditioning (a must!), daily housekeeping, laundry service, and a front desk [24-hour]. They even have a convenience store which is super handy. There's also a luggage storage!

Things to Do… Relaxing, Maybe? (Spa Day Dreams)

Okay, so here's the kicker. They've got a swimming pool [outdoor] which is nice. And a fitness center, but honestly, I wasn't feeling energetic enough to use it. Sadly there is no Spa/sauna. But the thought is there!

The Rooms – Where the Magic (and the Mild Discomfort) Happens

Okay, let's get to the meat of it. The rooms. Okay, so they have the air conditioning, a desk (I appreciated that), the free Wi-Fi, and a refrigerator. Standard stuff. The bed was comfortable, thankfully. You get the basics: alarm clock, hair dryer, coffee/tea maker, satellite/cable channels, and towels. Now, it's not the Ritz, but it's clean, functional, and comfortable enough.

The Offer You've Been Waiting For – Because Burlington Deserves the Best (and YOU DO TOO!)

Okay, so, are you ready to be "shocked" by Burlington's Best Western? (The good kind of shocked, I promise!)

Book your stay now and get:

  • Guaranteed Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!
  • Complimentary access to the Outdoor Pool
  • Complimentary Breakfast
  • 24-Hour Front Desk Service

Don't delay! Your Burlington adventure awaits!

Selma's Hidden Gem: Quality Inn Smithfield Selma (NC) - Book Now!

Book Now

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is my Burlington, NC, Best Western PLUS adventure, warts and all. Prepare for a rollercoaster of caffeine-fueled highs, greasy diner lows, and the inevitable existential dread that creeps in when you're stuck in a hotel room with nothing but cable and your thoughts.

Day 1: Arrival and Mild Existential Panic

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Best Western PLUS Burlington. Okay, first impressions. The lobby… it's… beige. Beige is the color of… well, beige. I'm immediately craving a bold statement. Maybe a giant inflatable flamingo? Or at least a sassy houseplant. Oh, and the check-in lady? Bless her heart, she was clearly having a rough day. Said something about her cat needing a new kidney? Didn't quite catch it, I was too busy picturing the flamingo. My room, though! Surprisingly decent. Clean, comfortable enough, and hey, even a little balcony. Score. (Actually, the balcony is overlooking the parking lot, but let's stay positive, people!)

  • 2:00 PM: Unpacking and Initial Reconnaissance. Now, the real work begins: unpacking. Which is exactly as thrilling as watching paint dry. But hey, getting those travel-sized toiletries out of my bag is a victory in itself. Next step? Exploring the hotel. Gotta find the ice machine before I die of thirst, which, let's be real, is always a distinct possibility. Found it! Bonus points for the surprisingly decent selection of vending machine snacks. Might get a Snickers. Or maybe a weird, off-brand something. Oooooh, decisions, decisions.

  • 3:00 PM: The Great Dinner Disaster (Maybe). Okay, so I was going to be all adventurous and find some "authentic" Burlington cuisine. But then, the siren call of Google Maps struck. "Burger King is .2 miles away". It's so easy, right? Walked, ordered, ate. It wasn't a culinary masterpiece, but it hit the spot. My stomach and budget survived.

  • 5:00 PM: The Perils of Channel Surfing. The room is the ultimate test of willpower. TV is on, but the channels feel the same. My thoughts are all over the place, about this trip or the end of this trip. I should probably do something with this feeling. Should get a shower and try to have a good night's sleep.

  • 8:00 PM: Sleep? Maybe. This is the Great Unknown. Okay, so I've got that classic "first night in a new place" jitters. Will I sleep? Will I dream of flamingoes? Will I have a full-blown existential crisis? Only time (and maybe a few melatonin gummies) will tell.

Day 2: Diner Delights and the Quest for Coffee

  • 7:00 AM: The Breakfast Predicament. "Complimentary breakfast" - music to my ears! But the reality? Let's just say it's a delicate dance between lukewarm eggs, questionable sausages, and the siren call of those tiny, individually wrapped muffins. Decided on the muffin - classic. Still, you can't beat free food. Though, I may be biased.

  • 8:30 AM: The Coffee Crisis. Okay, so the hotel coffee was… well, it wasn't going to win any awards. Needed a serious caffeine injection. Found a local diner. The name? "Dottie's Diner". This is where the real adventure begins.

    • Dottie's Diner: A Love Story
      • 9:00 AM: Walked in and my senses were immediately assaulted (in a good way). The sizzle of bacon, the clatter of plates, the genuine, easy laughter of the regulars. It truly felt like a time capsule of the 1950s.
      • 9:15 AM: Sat myself down at a red booth near a window. The waitress instantly came up and had a welcoming smile and friendly words. Coffee arrived promptly, a steaming, dark, glorious brew, that actually tasted like coffee. Food came fast!
      • 9:45 AM: Ordered The "Breakfast Special" (two eggs, bacon, grits and toast). The grits were creamy and buttery! The eggs were cooked to perfection, and the bacon was wonderfully crispy. (I may have ordered a second coffee. Don't judge.) The whole thing was so classic and wonderful.
      • 10:30 AM: Paid my tab and left. Dottie's, you have my heart.
    • 11:00 AM: Back at the hotel with a satisfied belly and a caffeine buzz. Contemplating life, the universe, and the proper way to fold a fitted sheet.
  • 12:00 PM: A Search for… Something. Time to find something to do! Looked at museums, shops, parks. Ended up… just hanging out at the hotel, drinking water (hydration is key, people!) and trying to make sense of the world, the day, life and death.

  • 3:00 PM: The Balcony Reflection. Went to the balcony. Stared at the parking lot some more. Listened to the sounds of nature (aka, traffic and the distant hum of the air conditioner). Started to realize that maybe a little bit of nothing is exactly what I needed.

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and a Movie (Sorta). Back to the Burger King. Watched some television. (I know, I know, but I was tired.)

Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Scent of… Whatever.

  • 7:00 AM: The Final Breakfast Fiasco. The complimentary breakfast somehow managed to be even more disappointing than the day before. Ate the oatmeal. Moved on.

  • 7:30 AM: Packing (Again). The joy of packing: a beautiful metaphor for life's fleeting moments. Stuff things in bags. Unpack. Be happy.

  • 8:30 AM: Check Out and Goodbye (Maybe). The check-out lady smiled! Maybe my cat kidney story caught.

  • 9:00 AM: Reflections and Departure. And that’s it. Burlington, you were a mix of beige and beauty, greasiness and grace. I'M leaving.

  • 9:30 AM: Coffee. Again. On the ride back home.

Roanoke Rapids Getaway: Baymont Wyndham's Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United StatesOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glorious, the ghastly, the gloriously ghastly world of… Burlington's BEST Western! And yeah, the title’s a bit hyperbolic. Let's be honest--it *is* just a Best Western. But trust me, this place… well, it has a *history*. Here's the lowdown, straight from my sleep-deprived, slightly-obsessed-with-this-hotel brain.
**

Seriously, is this place *that* bad? Or is it good? Or...what? It's got a whole *vibe*, doesn't it?

Okay, listen. It's… complicated. Think of it like a relationship. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes you're questioning your life choices. *Sometimes* you find yourself staring at the ceiling at 3 AM, contemplating the existential dread of a malfunctioning vending machine and the questionable carpet choices of the 1980s. The "BEST" part? That's definitely ironic. The Western bit? Mostly accurate, geographically speaking. It’s a Best Western, so set your expectations accordingly. But it's also… memorable. I've had stays there that were pure, unadulterated *bliss* and others that felt like I'd wandered into a David Lynch film. The truth? It's both. And that's part of its charm. (Or its curse. Depends on the day, really.)

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they clean? Did someone *die* in there?! (Asking for a friend... and maybe myself.)

Okay, let's get this out of the way. I am pretty sure no one *recently* died in my room. I think. Look, the housekeeping is… enthusiastic. Let's put it that way. Dust bunnies are a frequent guest. The sheets *usually* have that crisp, professionally-laundered feel, but I’ve definitely spotted a rogue hair or two that wasn't mine. (Which is always fun.) The bathrooms are… functional. The water pressure? Sporadic. Think of it as a character-building experience! Honestly, I always bring my own Clorox wipes just in case. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather disinfect a surface than feel the existential dread of wondering what mysterious substances linger.

The breakfast. Don't get me started. What's the story there? Is it even worth it? Is it *safe*?

The breakfast… oh, the *breakfast*. Where do I even begin? It's the kind of continental breakfast that dreams (or nightmares) are made of. The usual suspects are present: stale muffins (usually), questionable scrambled eggs (often), and a waffle maker that seems to have a vendetta against your attempts to make a perfectly shaped waffle (always). They sometimes have those little individual cereal boxes, which are kind of a nostalgic comfort, until you realize how utterly *unhappy* they are with you. Coffee? Well, it's coffee. You will definitely be caffeinated. Safe? Maybe. Delicious? Debatable. Worth it? Probably. Because hey, it's free. But don’t expect a culinary masterpiece. It's a breakfast, alright. I've had worse, I've had better. I generally go there for the fruit which is... usually fresh.

Okay, you mentioned something about a vending machine. Tell me *everything*! This sounds important.

*Everything*? Okay, buckle up. This is *the* story. It was 3 AM. Jet lag was doing its wicked work, and I was craving a bag of, like, Skittles. Normal human needs. I stumble to the vending machine, which, I might add, was situated in a particularly dim and shadowy hallway. I insert my precious dollars. The machine *grumbles*. Then… nothing. My Skittles remain tantalizingly out of reach. I try again. More grumbling. More nothing. I kick the machine, gently, out of frustration. *Suddenly*, the lights flicker out. The vending machine is in league with the devil. I am now trapped in a dark purgatory of sugar cravings and mechanical malfunction. I spent a good twenty minutes, alone in the terrifying silence, trying to cajole it into releasing my Skittles. Finally, defeated, I gave up and went back to my room, where I proceeded to stare at the ceiling and contemplate the meaning of life.. and the inherent cruelty of vending machines. The next morning, the machine looked just fine. The devil is subtle, I tell you!

What about the pool? Is it a swamp? Like, seriously, what's the deal with the pool?

The Pool! Ah, yes. The aquatic adventure. Look, I've only ever been brave enough to *peer* into the pool. It looks...clean enough. In the way that you might look at something with mild trepidation, wondering if it's going to attack you. I've never actually swam in it. It’s usually populated by happy children enjoying themselves. The water looks..blueish. There's usually a distinct chlorine smell, which is good (I *think*). The pool area itself? Well, it has a certain… energy. Like, a very specific, slightly humid, chlorine-tinged energy. I’m just saying, if a rogue gecko decides to join you in the pool, I wouldn't be *completely* surprised. Embrace the mystery!

The staff? Are they friendly? Are they… *alive*? (Again, asking for a friend.)

The staff are… a mixed bag. There's a rotating cast of characters, each with their own unique quirks and levels of enthusiasm. Some are genuinely lovely, helpful, and seem to genuinely care about your stay. Others... well, let's just say their commitment to customer service might be, let's call it, *variable*. They're usually present. They're *usually* able to answer your questions, though sometimes with a weary sigh. (I get it. Hotel life is hard.) But I've had some interactions that were… charmingly bizarre. One time, I asked for extra towels, and the front desk attendant just handed me a whole *pile*. No questions asked. Just… towels. It’s the little moments, you know? You never really know what you are getting.

Okay, so… would you actually recommend it? Seriously, now.

Would *I* recommend it? Depends. Are you looking for a flawless, luxurious experience? Run screaming. Are you looking for a place to crash, a place with a certain… *character*, a place that will leave you with stories to tell? Then, yeah. Maybe. It's an adventure, and I love an adventure. Just, you know, bring your own snacks, and maybe a flashlight. And a healthy dose of skepticism. Embrace the chaos! And tell me your stories. I need to know if the vending machine has claimed new victims.

Stay Classy Hotels

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States

Best Western PLUS Burlington Burlington (NC) United States