Clifton's Hidden Gem: Grande River Inn & Suites Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Clifton's Hidden Gem: Grande River Inn & Suites Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Clifton's Grande River Inn & Suites: My Brain Exploded (in a Good Way!) - A Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Okay, so, listen. I'm not usually one for gushing reviews. I’m more of a "meh, it was fine" kind of person. But the Grande River Inn & Suites in Clifton? Whoa. This place is a… well, it's an experience, and I'm still trying to piece it back together after my stay. Let’s just say my expectations were, shall we say, unmet in the best possible way. (and yes, I checked, they indeed have free Wi-Fi in all rooms!)

First Impressions: Accessibility & That All-Important First Walk

Look, I need to start with this because I'm a little anxious about it. The first thing I did was check for ramps and elevator as the most essential of the hotel's accessibility features. They had a ramp, so, first hurdle cleared. And the elevator? Smooth. Honestly, this is huge for inclusivity. I really appreciate that. I saw other guests who were also really happy with it.

Rooms: From Comfort to Chaos (in a good way)

Alright, let's talk about the rooms. They're… well, they're not sterile. They’re got character. Mine had a huge window that opened (thank the stars!), proper blackout curtains that actually worked (a win!), and an extra long bed (a double win!). I could have thrown my kids through the window and they would have been fine. The decor? A little… eclectic. I think the word would be lived-in. But not in a gross way! More of a "this place has stories to tell" kind of way. My room had a desk, and a coffee/tea maker. A small balcony was available. Another plus: My room had a working hairdryer. Amen. And the complimentary tea? Brilliant. My god, I need to stress the importance of a good, hot cup of tea, especially after a long travel.

Side note, you can ask for smoke-free rooms. and i can't begin to describe the joy of not smelling smoke.

The Amenities: More Than Meets the Eye (and My Stomach)

Okay, buckle up. This is where things get seriously good.

  • The Spa: I am not a spa person. I'm more of a "rough it" kind of guy. But they had a sauna. And a steamroom! And a massage! I caved. Best decision ever. The masseuse worked literal miracles on my shoulders. I swear, I could feel years of stress melting away.
  • The Pool (with a View!): This is where I spent most of my time when I was not eating.. The pool area is gorgeous, with the view that makes me stare at the river for a long time. Absolutely perfect. The view itself is stunning, and the pool is sparkling clean.
  • Fitness Center: I didn’t actually use it, but I walked by. Looked well-equipped.
  • Breakfast: The breakfast situation… was a bit of a buffet-based adventure. Not gonna lie, I got a little lost and tried to make a massive croissant. But hey, there was a great selection, including both Western and Asian options! I’m a sucker for a good breakfast.
  • Dining & Drinking: They have a bar, a pool-side bar, and a snack bar. Need I say more? The restaurants offer both buffet and a la carte options.
  • That all important internet access: They indeed had free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!), and it worked. I even managed to upload some videos. The internet was really good.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax - or NOT!)

This place is surprisingly active. Beyond the spa and pool, they have… a lot. The front desk directed me to the nearby trails, and I saw the beautiful river.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure

I'm always a bit paranoid about cleanliness, especially with, you know, things. But the Grande River Inn was impressively clean. I'm talking spotless. They are using professional-grade sanitizing services, there's hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff clearly takes hygiene seriously. There's CCTV in common areas.

Service and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

The staff? Amazing. Super friendly, helpful, and always smiling. They offered concierge services and the essential condiments were available.

The Imperfections (because, let’s be real, nothing is perfect):

  • The Elevator: It could be a bit slow during peak hours. Minor detail, but worth noting.
  • The Coffee: The coffee could be better. But hey, you can't win them all.
  • The Noise: Outside my room, you could hear the voices of people. But after a day or two, I'm used to it.

My Overall Verdict and Why YOU Need to Book Now…

This place is a gem, a real hidden gem. You definitely won't believe it until you see it for yourself. From the surprisingly amazing spa to the incredible views, the Grande River Inn & Suites is a must-stay.

SEO Optimized Offer

Ready to experience the Grande River Inn & Suites? I am offering a special promotion for readers of my review:

Book your stay this month and receive:

  • 15% off your room rate.
  • Free breakfast (for the duration of your stay).
  • Early check-in (subject to availability) to give you more time to hit the spa.
  • Free parking.

How to Claim:

  • Visit their website and use the code "GRANDEREVIEW" when booking.

Keywords Used:

  • Clifton
  • Grande River Inn & Suites
  • Hotel Review
  • Accessibility
  • Spa
  • Pool
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Cleanliness
  • Breakfast
  • Discount
  • Accommodation
  • Luxury
  • Relaxation
  • [Specific amenities mentioned]
Altoona's BEST Kept Secret: Comfort Suites Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Book Now

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average, meticulously crafted travel itinerary. This is… me attempting to wrangle a chaotic adventure into something resembling a plan. And we're starting in Clifton, Colorado, at the Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites, because, well, that's where the adventure begins. My sanity might end, but hey, at least we'll laugh (hopefully).

Day 1: Arrival & the Great Hotel Hallway Debacle

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT). God, I hate airports. I swear, the air is thinner and the people are… well, let's just say “interesting”. Grab the rental car (fingers crossed it’s not some rust bucket). Driving is the only part I can handle with confidence. Oh, and before I forget to grab some snacks, because no one likes a hangry traveler. I have a sweet tooth.
  • 2:00 PM: Check-in at the Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites. Alright, here's hoping the room isn't next to the ice machine. That's my biggest hotel fear. Actually, on second thought, the biggest fear is having the wrong kind of room. Is it clean? Is it big enough? My internal critic is already judging.
  • 2:30 PM: Room Assessment and the Hallway of Doom. Okay, the room is… acceptable. It's clean-ish. The view is… a parking lot. But hey, at least the A/C works. Now, the hallway. Oh, the hallway. It stretches on for what feels like miles and is filled with a cacophony of sounds: kids screaming, doors slamming, and someone's incredibly loud snoring through the walls. I swear, I can hear it vibrating under my feet! I’m seriously contemplating investing in a good pair of earplugs. And maybe a tiny, portable air horn to reclaim my inner peace.
  • 3:00 PM: Grocery run, the first of many. Gotta stock up on snacks for the impending adventure. Snacks, snacks, and more snacks. It's an essential aspect of the trip.
  • 4:00 PM: Casual stroll near the hotel. A moment to gather my thoughts and, most of all, not be in my room. Find a good restaurant to get some dinner.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Found an amazing restaurant where I got exactly what I wanted: pizza and pasta. Perfect!
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel, the hallway of doom once again. Bedtime. Let’s hope the snoring doesn’t follow me into my dreams (or, you know, wake me up every five minutes).

Day 2: Hiking and the Mystery of the Disappearing Water Bottle

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Try to. Seriously, the snoring. It’s a symphony of snores out there. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Please.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Hopefully, the hotel breakfast won’t be as bland as I expect. I’m cautiously optimistic.
  • 9:00 AM: Hiking at nearby trails. Gotta work off those pizzas I devoured last night! I’m no mountaineer, more like a leisurely stroller who occasionally pretends to be athletic. But the views! The crisp air! The… wait a second… where’s my water bottle?! I swear I had it! Did I leave it in the car? Did a rogue squirrel steal it? This is a crisis!
  • 11:00 AM: The Great Water Bottle Hunt. Backtrack, retrace steps, panic slightly. Find it… in the car! Crisis averted (for now).
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a cute little cafe with amazing sandwiches and salads. Happy tummy time!
  • 1:00 PM: Relaxation time and a nap.
  • 4:00 PM: Another go at hiking, this time with extra water bottle security. Beautiful scenery and fresh air.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and a beer.
  • 9:00 PM: Watch some TV and try to relax before bed.

Day 3: Exploring and the Eternal Struggle for Wi-Fi

  • 8:00 AM: Coffee. Need coffee.
  • 9:00 AM: Head out to explore the area. Some places nearby, like the Colorado National Monument, are on my list. Maybe some scenic drives?
  • 11:00 AM: Okay, the Wi-Fi in the hotel is abysmal. I swear, dial-up was faster. I’m seriously considering going offline and just… being for a few days. But then again, how will I post my amazing photos on Instagram? Oh, the internal conflict!
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a diner serving some delicious burgers and fries.
  • 1:00 PM: Scenic drive and explore some shops.
  • 4:00 PM: The art of doing nothing.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner.
  • 9:00 PM: Packing. I hate packing. It's like a Tetris game, but with socks and questionable souvenirs.
  • 10:00 PM: Attempt to sleep through the hallway symphony.

Day 4: Departure and the Aftermath of Adventure

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Thank God the snoring has calmed down.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast again.
  • 9:00 AM: Check out. The final goodbye to the hotel.
  • 10:00 AM: Drive to the airport.
  • 11:00 AM: Take a final look at the airport.
  • 1:00 PM: Back home.

This, my friends, is just a rough draft. The details will change, the plans will be scrapped, and I'll probably get lost at least three times. But that's the fun of it, right? The unexpected moments, the quirky encounters, and the inevitable chaos. This trip is going to be messy, and imperfect, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Wish me luck. I'll need it. And pray for the poor souls in the hotel hallway. They’ll need it even more.

Escape to Paradise: Uncover Zhenru Hotel's Qionghai Secrets

Book Now

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Okay, spill it! Is the Grande River Inn & Suites REALLY a "Hidden Gem" or just… hidden?

Alright, alright, deep breath. The "gem" part is… aspirational. Let's be honest, the 'hidden' part is pretty accurate. It's not exactly on the front page of Booking.com, is it? I stumbled upon it while getting utterly lost looking for something, anything, resembling a decent cup of coffee. It's got a vibe, though. A… well-loved, slightly faded, 'we've-seen-some-things' kind of vibe. Think vintage motel, but with a surprising view. More on that later. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Is it memorable? Oh, absolutely. My car almost got stuck in a pothole the size of a small child immediately on arrival, a sign of things to come? Maybe but I'd call it character.

The View! What's the deal with this "surprising view" you mentioned? Is it just hype?

Okay, the view. *This* is where the 'gem' part *might* actually hold water. Listen, you're not getting a postcard-perfect, infinity-pool, Instagram-ready vista. What you *are* getting is… gasp… the Colorado River. Up-close. Personal. Seriously. My first morning, I just stood there, practically drooling, watching the river snake its way through the canyon. It’s humbling, ya know? And the sunsets… forget about it. I’m not kidding. I’ve seen sunsets that were more boring than tax forms… this was truly special.

The Rooms! Let's talk specifics. Are they clean? And how 'retro' are we talking?

Clean-ish. Let me be frank, the cleanliness levels are… variable. I'm going to say, it depends the room! I found myself on an odd little ritual of inspecting the bathroom immediately and scrubbing down anything with a sheen. I'm not saying the carpet would have gotten a clean bill of health… but I survived! Retro? Oh, honey, we're talking time warp. Think shag carpeting, questionable floral patterns, and furniture that *might* have been older than me (and I'm not exactly a spring chicken). The air conditioning unit sounded like a jet engine, but honestly, the character was so captivating, I almost didn't mind. *Almost.*

What about the Amenities? Did they have a pool? Is breakfast even a thought?

Pool? Yes. (Small, slightly green… but yes.) Breakfast? Hahahahaha. Okay, breathe. There's... coffee. Instant. And maybe, just *maybe*, a rogue granola bar. Don’t go expecting a buffet. They might have had some bagels at one point... but they now sit forever in a glass of time.

Okay, you mentioned a "surprising" or "memorable" moment. Tell me about it!

Alright. Buckle up. This is the bit. I asked (nicely) the front desk, the sweet old lady, if she could suggest a good hike. She looked at me, gave me a look like I'd just asked her to… I don't know, wrestle a bear? The place had a very "locals only" vibe. But she was also really charming, and after a moment gave me directions to a trail. That trail was an adventure! The trail became an obstacle course. I got lost. I almost fell off a cliff. I saw a rattlesnake that I'm pretty sure was judging my hiking boots. I came back covered in dust and probably looked like I hadn't changed my clothes in three days. But that's the point, I tell you! I didn't see a single person. Then, I came back to the hotel after a long, eventful, adventure. I just sat and stared at the river, totally spent, and it hit me. This wasn't just a cheap motel. It was a *thing*. I’m going to remember that hike for the rest of my life, and The Grande River Inn & Suites played its part.

The Staff! Nice? Helpful? Did they even exist?

The staff… well, it's a one-person operation. I think. Sometimes I wasn't sure if anyone was there at all. The sweet old lady at the front desk was… an experience. She was nice. In her own way. Let’s just call it a 'unique' kind of hospitality. Not the Ritz-Carlton kind, more like, "Welcome to Clifton! Here, you can experience the desert." You're basically independent here. But that's part of the charm, right? Right?

Would you STAY there again? Be Honest!

Okay, deep breath. YES. Yes, I would. Look, if you're expecting luxury, don't go. If you need flawless, don't go. But if you're looking for something... different. Something real. Something with *personality*… something that will make you laugh, maybe cry a little (out of frustration or joy, who knows!?). That's the Grande River Inn & Suites. I could also use a very cheap getaway, and the money I saved on that vacation may have helped cover the cost of my next therapy sessions. Plus, that view. The river calls. And it calls *loudly*. I’m already plotting my return. Just… bring your own coffee.

Any advice for potential guests?

Oh, yes. Absolutely.

  • Embrace the chaos. Seriously. Let go of your expectations.
  • Bring bug spray. Desert insects are no joke.
  • Pack snacks. And good coffee. Trust me.
  • Don't be afraid to explore. The area around Clifton is beautiful, even if the hotel is... rustic.
  • And most importantly, leave your pretenses at the door. This isn't a place for judging. It's a place for… experiencing. For remembering. And maybe, just maybe… for falling a little bit in love with the quirky magic of a place that really, truly has seen it all. (And probably a few things it shouldn’t have.)
Hotel Finder Reviews

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States

Best Western Grande River Inn and Suites Clifton (CO) United States