Unbelievable Ocean Views! Bandon's BEST Kept Secret Revealed (Face Rock Inn)
Unbelievable Ocean Views! & The (Mostly) Untold Truth About Face Rock Inn, Bandon: A Review That's Actually Honest
Alright, folks, let's be real. When you see "Unbelievable Ocean Views!" plastered on a hotel ad, your inner cynic probably perks up like a caffeinated meerkat. But, after a recent stay at Face Rock Inn in Bandon, Oregon… well, I'm almost ready to believe the hype. Emphasis on almost. This ain't your sanitized, cookie-cutter hotel review. This is the real deal, the uncut version, warts and all.
First Impression: The Waves Are Real… and So Is the Wind!
Driving up to Face Rock Inn, the first thing that hits you (besides, potentially, a rogue gust of Pacific wind) is the view. Seriously, it’s breathtaking. That iconic, rugged Oregon coastline is right there, spilling out before you. Face Rock itself – the giant, sleeping-giant-of-a-rock that gives the inn its name – is a constant, stoic presence. It's the kind of view that makes you instantly want to ditch your responsibilities and just… breathe.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (and My Achilles Heel, the Elevator)
Okay, let's talk brass tacks. I’m not going to lie, accessibility in this hotel is… a journey. They do have an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. But… well, let's just say my inner claustrophobe had a brief, panicked chat during one particularly slow ascent. (Seriously, I'm envisioning myself getting stuck between floors, forever hearing the crashing waves outside. Dramatic, much?) But, they do have the right amenities, though. Just ask for rooms closer to the elevator.
Rooms: Cozy, but… Is That a Dented Mini-Fridge?
The rooms? Comfortable, generally. The “unbelievable ocean view” from my room? Truly, absolutely, ridiculously amazing. Waking up to that every morning would be worth, well, almost anything. I was delighted to see Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! which thankfully, worked pretty well. The room was well-equipped: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Hair dryer, Ironing facilities, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. It's important to note that the room had Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Mini bar and On-demand movies. Now, the small things that needed a little attention. The mini-fridge in my room? A bit dented. The coffee pot? I'm pretty sure it was brewing the same stale batch since last spring. These small blemishes are a part of life. (I did notice a Daily housekeeping service, though. So, hopefully, these are addressed). I was happy to see a Laptop workspace in the room too.
Dining: Where the Ocean View Carries the Weight
Okay, the food situation… Here’s the truth: the dining experience at Face Rock Inn is… variable. Let's start with the good: the Poolside bar (weather permitting) is a total winner. Sipping a cocktail while watching the waves crash? Pure bliss. The Restaurants on-site? They are there. Offering A la carte, Asian, Buffet, International, Vegetarian, and Western cuisines and included a Coffee shop, Happy hour.
Now for that second course, I had to go to the Breakfast buffet: I appreciated the effort, but I felt slightly underwhelmed.
Ways to Relax (or, My Deep Dive into the Sauna Saga)
This is where Face Rock Inn truly shines. The Swimming pool [outdoor] is beautifully situated (though a bit chilly, even for me). I spent a decent amount of time there, soaking up the ocean views. The Spa/sauna is a big draw.
Now, about the sauna. Let me tell you the story. I was promised a sanctuary of steamy relaxation. I was promised a detoxifying haven. What I got was… an experience.
I strolled into the sauna, feeling virtuous. The wood smelled divine, the heat was building subtly. I sat down, closed my eyes, and… that’s when I realized: I had no idea what I was doing. How long to sit? What to do? Should I be pouring water on the rocks? (Thankfully, the instruction wasn't that difficult.) But the heat! And was that sweat forming? Yes, it was. It was a good time. It was a good thing.
Cleanliness and Safety: They’re Trying, Bless Their Hearts
In the COVID era (and who can forget it?), I can say that the inn seemed serious about cleanliness. There was Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff wore masks. It was reassuring to witness their efforts at all times: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Staff trained in safety protocol.
Things to Do: Beyond the Ocean (If You Can Pull Yourself Away)
Bandon is a charming little town, brimming with things to do. The Beach, of course, is the main attraction. But the area also boasts hiking trails, art galleries, and the world-famous Bandon Dunes Golf Resort (though, sadly, my golf game is as breathtaking as the ocean view… in its incompetence). They offer Bicycle parking so you can ride around.
The Quirky Things: The Little Touches That Make It… Unforgettable
It’s not the flawless experience. It has rough edges. But it's those rough edges that make Face Rock Inn memorable. They provide Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Seminars, and much more.
The Verdict: A Mixed Bag, But the View Is Worth It
Look, Face Rock Inn isn't perfect. It has its quirks, its imperfections. But the jaw-dropping ocean view? It's utterly, undeniably worth it. The spa is a nice touch. The staff are friendly. And Bandon itself? Well, it's a hidden gem.
My Offer for You (Because You Deserve It!)
Book your stay at Face Rock Inn TODAY and get a complimentary…
- Upgraded Room (Based on Availability): Because everyone deserves to see the ocean from every possible angle.
- A Complimentary Drink from the Poolside Bar: Cheers to the good life! Don't forget Bottle of water.
- A Discount on your next Spa Treatment: Because, let's be real, you'll need it after the sauna. You just can't resist a Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Steamroom.
Use code "OCEANLOVE" at checkout to redeem this offer.
But HURRY! This offer is valid for a limited time only. Don't miss out on your chance to experience the unforgettable beauty of Face Rock Inn!
Important Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Face Rock Inn, and my opinion is based on my own subjective experience. Your mileage may vary (especially with the elevator).
Escape to Paradise: Depok's Chic Studio Apartment Awaits!Okay, buckle up Buttercup, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the glorious mess that is my trip to the Best Western Inn at Face Rock in Bandon, Oregon. Expect sand in your metaphorical underwear and a whole lotta feelings.
The "Mostly Planned, Highly Unpredictable" Face Rock Adventure: A Bandon Beatdown (in the best way possible)
(Prep Phase: Prior to Arrival - The "Can I Even Pack a Damn Suitcase?" Stage)
- Weeks Before: Book the hotel! Best Western at Face Rock? Sounds promising… hopefully it looks less like a motel from a slasher film and more like the cozy haven the photos promised. (Fingers crossed, especially given my track record with online reservations). Start dreaming of those coastal breezes… and the potential for killer photo ops.
- Days Before: The suitcase is summoned. This is where the panic sets in. "Do I really need all these sweaters? Is it going to be freezing? Or am I secretly hoping for a tan?" Pack everything. Then, take half of it back out. Repeat until a somewhat reasonable amount of clothing remains. Don't forget the emergency chocolate supply. Essential.
- The Night Before: Sleepless night. Anxiety: 1. Sleep: 0. Scribbled notes and a mental checklist (probably incomplete). Convince yourself you haven't forgotten anything crucial, like your toothbrush. Maybe.
(Day 1: Arrival - Beach Bliss (Hopefully!) and a Questionable First Impression)
- Morning: Drive! The open road, the promise of the coast… Also, my car is filled with snacks. A LOT of snacks. (Because, you know, emergency).
- Afternoon (ish): Arrive at Best Western Inn at Face Rock. Take a deep breath. Okay, the lobby isn't a death trap (phew!). Check-in. The staff seems friendly enough. Gotta love that Pacific Northwest chill vibe. Hope the room is as advertised…
- Room Reveal: Okay, not bad! Clean, kinda… the view? Oh, the view! That's why I came. Face Rock itself is majestic. The ocean roars. Instant mood lift.
- Beach Exploration - The Initial Scramble: Immediately head to the beach. Seriously, this is why we came, right? The wind whips around, trying to rip my hat clean off my head. It's bracing. It's beautiful. The sand… is wet. And sandy. Predictable, yet simultaneously magical. Start snapping photos like a crazy person.
- Face Rock Pilgrimage: Try to get closer to Face Rock. It's even more stunning up close. The tide's coming in, so I'm not sure I can get as close as I'd like… maybe tomorrow.
- Dinner Debacle (or, "Finding Food is Harder Than It Looks"): Okay, so the restaurant situation. Bandon. Cute town. Limited choices. Ended up at the "Old Town" place. Food was edible. Experience was… mostly fine. Maybe should have packed more snacks (again).
(Day 2: Crashing Waves, Unexpected Finds, and a Deep Dive into Seaside Delight)
- Morning - Embrace the Waves (and the Windburn): Back to the beach! Early morning light, the sun finally trying to peek through the clouds. Holy crap, the waves! Huge, crashing, relentless. I could watch this all day. Feel my soul getting a good scrub.
- The Sea Stack Search: Spend the morning searching for tide pools and interesting rock formations. Discover a little cove with cool shells. Feel like a kid again. Then the wind picks up again and threaten to blow me away. Laugh.
- The Local Curiosity Shop - A Treasure Trove!: Wander into a quirky gift shop in the Old Town. The owner, a woman with a voice like gravel and eyes that miss nothing, tells me stories about the ocean and the people who live here. Buy a stupid, awesome starfish ornament. This place feels real. This is the stuff travel is made of.
- Lunch - Let's Try Again: Try the "Bandon Fisheries" for lunch! Okay, the fish and chips were good. The outdoor seating was, again, a little windy, but worth it.
- The Great Dune Quest: After lunch, aim for the Bandon's dunes. Drive. Realize I'm not sure where I'm going. Get somewhat lost. But that's part of the fun, right? Find a sandy trail that looks promising. Hike. Sweat. Reach the top. See… more awesome beach, more ocean, more sky. Feel blissfully insignificant in the face of it all.
- Evening - Sunset Serenity (If We're Lucky): Back to the beach for sunset. If the weather cooperates. (Fingers crossed. Again). Or maybe I'll just watch it from my room, wrapped in a blanket, with the emergency chocolate and a good book (the other emergency supply).
- Sunset: Oh my GOD. It happened. The sunset was a painter's masterpiece. Purple, orange, pink - the sky put on one of the best shows I've ever witnessed. The ocean reflected it all. Just… wow.
(Day 3: Departure - Tears, Triumphs, and the Unwritten Road Ahead)
- Morning - One Last Glance: Wake up. Look at the ocean one last time. Feel bittersweet. I don't want to leave.
- Breakfast: The hotel's so-so breakfast. Meh. Still, better than my usual at-home diet of coffee and regret!
- Check-Out - The Goodbye: Check out. Wave goodbye to the friendly staff. Promise myself I'll come back.
- The Drive Home - Post-Bandon Blues (and a promise to return): Hit the road. Drive. Think about the beach, the waves crashing, the sun setting. Already missing it. Smile. Plan the next trip. Because a trip to Bandon is more than just a vacation. It's a little piece of my soul getting recharged.
Final Thoughts (and a Few Imperfections):
- The Best Western, In reality: While not perfect, the Best Western did just fine as a home base for the adventure. Clean, close to the beach, and a good price are all I needed. The proximity to Face Rock was definitely a winner.
- The Food Situation: (A work in progress). Plan for more. Bring snacks. Don't be afraid to try the random hole-in-the-wall places.
- The Weather: Prepared for anything. Layers, people, layers!
- Overall Sentiment: This trip was messy, unpredictable, and perfect. It was a reminder to breathe deep, look around, and appreciate the beauty in the world - even the little things, the unexpected finds, the slightly soggy sand and the face-crushing wind. And that is the ultimate souvenir.
Okay, spill it. Is Face Rock Inn *really* all that? Or just another overpriced hotel with a view?
Alright, alright, settle down! Look, I'm a skeptic. When I see "ocean view," my internal alarm bells start ringing, usually followed by the sound of a credit card getting a serious workout. But Face Rock Inn... okay, they got me. I’m not going to lie. It’s *good*. Like, really good. It's not just a view; it's a goddamn *experience*. I mean, the first time I saw that giant rock formation, Face Rock itself, I literally choked on my coffee! (Spilled it all over the pristine white sheets. Oops.) I was like, "Whoa." Then I started muttering about how everyone else was probably having this better view than I was, and I just got in late. But hey, I'm getting ahead of myself: let's be clear, it's not cheap, but you're not getting robbed either.
Is the view *actually* unbelievable? What's the best room for it? Spill the tea!
Unbelievable? Okay, I wouldn't use that word for everything. *Almost* unbelievable. Look, I’ve seen sunrises that made me question the existence of reality. I’ve seen storms that made me thankful I wasn’t a sailor. The best room, though? That’s the million-dollar question (or, you know, a slightly-less-million-dollar room price). Honestly, the suites are the way to go. You get more space, a better angle, and you feel like you're practically *in* the ocean. But even a regular room with an ocean view? Still worth it. I will say, though, if you are wanting a good view, call them beforehand. I have a feeling the rooms will be fully booked. And if you are wanting to stay on the beach? The rooms that are further away are quite a hike. I was out of breath, and I'm pretty good, so you know.
What's the food like? Because, you know, bad food can ruin a perfectly good view.
Ah, the food! Okay, so it's not Michelin-star level gourmet, but it’s good. Solid. Dependable. And the restaurant? They have huge portions. Their clam chowder is a MUST-TRY, especially after a day of wandering the beach (which, by the way, is right there!). I once ordered a burger and thought it was only mediocre. I was so used to good food, that it stood out. Sometimes, I just ordered room service, and had it on my deck to enjoy the view.
Is it family-friendly? Or more of a romantic getaway vibe?
Great question! I've seen both. It's versatile. I was there, and there were kids who looked like they were having fun. There were also some older couples who were probably thinking back on their past. My own experience, though... well, my own experience was...complicated. I went with a friend. We were planning a romantic getaway. But the *weather*! It was insane. One minute it was sunny, the next, we were getting blasted with sideways rain. We ordered room service, and tried to have a great time, but the wind was something else. We even attempted to play some board games, but the constant crashing of the waves against the rocks, and the howling of the wind, was kind of... distracting. It was actually *hilarious*, in a slightly miserable way. We didn't find romance, but we did find an unforgettable memory. I still have a photo somewhere of us huddled under a blanket on the balcony, looking like drowned rats, and laughing until our sides hurt. So, yeah, probably romantic, but maybe you should also be prepared for *anything*. Bandon is good like that.
What's the check-in/check-out process like? Any hidden fees?
Honestly, the check-in and check-out was quite easy. No real problems at all. They weren't pushy, or anything, just let me do it. I absolutely *hate* hidden fees. Seriously, nickeling and diming me is the quickest way to make me write a scathing review. They weren't trying to do that. They weren't trying to scam me! They actually were very nice.
Any tips for making the most of the experience?
Oh, yes! Okay, here's the gospel according to me:
- Book early! Seriously. Especially if you're going during peak season or on a weekend. Otherwise, you'll have to go elsewhere.
- Get a room with a patio or balcony! Trust me, you'll want to sit out there with a drink (or several) and just soak it all in.
- Bring binoculars! You can spot whales, seabirds, boats... the possibilities are endless. Which reminds me, that reminds me... one time, and this is a rambling tangent. I was watching the ocean with my binoculars and...I saw... a guy. Just right out there. I am not judging! But I tell you, it was pretty intense. This isn't related to Face Rock Inn but is related to binoculars.
- Pack for all types of weather! The Oregon coast is notorious for changing its mind every five minutes. Layers are your friend. Always!
- Wander around the beach! Don't just sit in your room! Explore the tide pools, build a sandcastle (don't judge me!), breathe in the salty air. It's good for the soul.
- Be patient! Sometimes you will be waiting a while for your food.
Are there any negatives? What's the catch?
Okay, no place is perfect. There's always *something*.
- It's not cheap. As I said before, you're paying for the view, and that level of service. So, um, yeah. Start saving.
- The wifi wasn't the best. Okay, this might be a plus for some, but for me, I needed a connection.
- The food is good, but not exceptional. I'm being picky. You can always go to other places to eat.
- The beach access can be a little tricky for some. You have to go on some little trails... It might be tricky.Personalized StaysBest Western Inn at Face Rock Bandon (OR) United StatesBest Western Inn at Face Rock Bandon (OR) United States