Portonovo Plaza Expo: Guadalajara's MUST-SEE Event!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's hotel review. We're diving deep into Portonovo Plaza Expo: Guadalajara's MUST-SEE Event! (and yes, that's what they call it, so we'll roll with it), and I'm gonna give you the REAL scoop. Forget the perfectly polished brochure – welcome to my brain dump!
(SEO First, Then the Madness)
Before we get to the "OMG, did that REALLY happen?!" part, let's appease the Google gods. This review is packed with keywords, because frankly, you need to find this place, right?
Keywords, keywords, EVERYWHERE!
- Portonovo Plaza Expo Guadalajara (duh!)
- Hotel Review Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Expo Hotel
- Accessible Hotel Guadalajara (Accessibility is HUGE!)
- Guadalajara Hotel Spa
- Hotel with Pool Guadalajara
- Guadalajara Restaurants
- Guadalajara Business Hotel
- Guadalajara Family Friendly Hotel
- Portonovo Plaza Expo Amenities (This is the meat!)
- Best Guadalajara Hotel
- Guadalajara Clean Hotel
- Guadalajara Hotel Safety
Okay, now that the robot overlords are happy, let's actually talk Portonovo.
(The Arrival: Expectations vs. Reality, Already Messy)
First impressions? Okay, fine. The exterior… it's… there. Not jaw-dropping, not hideous. Functional. It IS a hotel near the Expo, so practicality kind of trumps "Instagrammability." Driving up, the Car Park [free of charge] was a godsend. Finding parking in Guadalajara? A sport.
Accessibility: My First Test (And They Passed!)
My main dude, let's call him "Wheelie" (for anonymity, hehe), was tagging along. Accessibility is top of my list. And honestly? Portonovo shined here. Wheelchair accessible throughout, from the lobby to the elevators (Elevator – check!). The hallways were wide, the rooms… (more on those later). This place gets it. Kudos, Portonovo. This level of detail makes me very hopeful from the very start.
(The Room: Is This Heaven or Just Guadalajara?)
Alright, the room. Here's where things get…interesting.
- Air Conditioning: YES. Crucial. Guadalajara sun? Brutal.
- Wi-Fi [Free]: Double YES. Gotta connect, right? And it actually worked. I hate hotels with broken Wi-Fi.
- Air Conditioning Is good, I love it,
- Additional toilet Is good because it helps with a lot of people,
- Alarm clock, nice,
- Bathrobes I used,
- Bathroom phone I didn't use,
- Blackout curtains for the win,
- Closet is good,
- Coffee/tea maker is good,
- Complimentary tea and coffee is good,
- Desk is good,
- Extra long bed Is very great,
- Free bottled water for the win,
- Hair dryer nice,
- High floor is good for the view,
- In-room safe box is good,
- Interconnecting room(s) available is good for families,
- Internet access – LAN is there,
- Internet access – wireless is there,
- Ironing facilities
- Laptop workspace is ok
- Linens is good,
- Mini bar is there,
- Mirror is good,
- Non-smoking is good,
- On-demand movies is good,
- Private bathroom is good,
- Reading light is good,
- Refrigerator is good,
- Safety/security feature is good,
- Satellite/cable channels is good,
- Scale isn't good,
- Seating area is good,
- Separate shower/bathtub is good,
- Shower is good,
- Slippers is good,
- Smoke detector is good,
- Socket near the bed is good,
- Sofa is good,
- Soundproofing is good,
- Telephone is good,
- Toiletries is good,
- Towels is good,
- Umbrella is good,
- Visual alarm is good,
- Wake-up service is good,
- Wi-Fi [free] is good,
- Window that opens. is a must-have.
It was clean (big points for Cleanliness and safety, with those Anti-viral cleaning products they advertise so well!). The Daily housekeeping was on point, too, keeping everything tidy.
(Food & Drink: The "Must-See" Gets Real)
Let's talk food. Because, hey, I eat. A lot.
- A la carte in restaurant: check.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Good if you need something special.
- Asian breakfast: They had it! I'm not huge on Asian breakfast, but I could.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Yup,
- Bar: Nice atmosphere.
- Bottle of water: Always needed.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The buffet was actually decent. Not just "hotel buffet" decent. Like, genuinely good. The Breakfast service was efficient.
- Buffet in restaurant: A good spread.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: All day every day.
- Coffee shop: There's a coffee shop.
- Desserts in restaurant: Yum. Enough said.
- Happy hour: They have it.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Yep.
- Poolside bar: Yes! Perfect for a post-swim cocktail. See below.
- Restaurants: Several dining options,
- Room service [24-hour]: This is a lifesaver.
- Salad in restaurant: Healthy options.
- Snack bar: Good for quick bites.
- Soup in restaurant: Comfort food.
- Vegetarian restaurant: I didn't see a dedicated vegetarian restaurant, but options were available.
- Western breakfast: You can have it if you want.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Yes.
(The Pool with a View: My Moment of Zen (Almost))
Okay, the Swimming pool [outdoor]. This is where I had my “moment.” Or, at least, tried to. The Pool with view was lovely. Skyline, sunshine, a margarita… pure bliss. Until… ahem. One of the other guests decided to do an impromptu cannonball, soaking everybody in a three-meter radius. I'm not gonna lie, I jumped. But the margarita, and the fact I was still wet from my swim, helped me let it roll off my back.
(Spa & Relaxation: (My Attempt to De-Stress Was Almost Successful))
- Body scrub: I wanted to try this!
- Body wrap: Sounds nice!
- Fitness center is good!
- Foot bath is good!
- Gym/fitness: is good!
- Massage: I got one! Aaaah. Heaven.
- Sauna is also very nice!
- Spa: Yes.
- Spa/sauna: Double yes!
- Steamroom: Didn't go, I didn't have time.
- Swimming pool is great.
So, about that spa… I booked a massage. It was amazing. Seriously, the Massage was the highlight. The pressure was perfect, the music… okay, it was a little cheesy, but I didn't care. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. I emerged a new woman. Or maybe just a well-oiled one.
(Safety & Cleanliness: Seriously Important Stuff)
The Cleanliness and safety was top-notch. Especially these days, you want to know a hotel's taking things seriously. Portonovo delivered. I saw Hand sanitizer everywhere, the staff was wearing masks, and they clearly were doing a lot of Professional-grade sanitizing services. The room felt super clean and safe. Also! Cashless payment service is available. This is good, but I found myself still paying with cash!
(Services & Conveniences: The Little Things)
You know what makes a hotel great? The little things.
- Daily housekeeping: Good
- Concierge: Helpful, courteous,
- Dry cleaning: Good, useful
Alright. Buckle up, buttercup, because we're diving headfirst into the glorious, chaotic, and hopefully not-entirely-disastrous world of experiencing Portonovo Plaza Expo in Guadalajara. This isn't your sterile, corporate-speak itinerary. This is… me trying to survive, enjoy, and maybe even learn something. Wish me luck.
Day 1: Arrival & The "What-Have-I-Gotten-Myself-Into?" Feeling
7:00 AM: Alarm screams. Actually, it's my cat, Whiskers, screaming. He always needs breakfast at 7 AM. Prioritizing the furry overlord.
7:30 AM: Finally dragging myself out of bed. Okay, Guadalajara, here I come! Packing panic ensues. Did I remember deodorant? (Spoiler: I didn't. Always forget.)
9:00 AM: Airport shuffle. Security lines are a special kind of hell, aren't they? The sheer volume of people attempting to contort themselves to fit into carry-on boxes is mesmerizing. I swear I saw someone try to cram a small child in there.
12:00 PM: Arrive at Guadalajara Airport. Breathe. The air smells… different. Good, but different. Like… spices and promise. Or maybe I'm just delirious from the flight.
1:00 PM: Airport transportation tango. Should I take a taxi? Uber? Local bus that looks like it's been through a war? I opted for the Uber. Seemed like the least likely option to involve a chicken and a goat. Fingers crossed.
2:00 PM: Check-in at the hotel. It's… adequate. Clean enough. The air conditioning is blasting and I'm starting to resemble a Popsicle.
2:30 PM: First impressions of Portonovo Plaza Expo. Okay, it's… big. Really big. Shiny, modern, and filled with so many people that I feel like I'm being swept along in a river of humanity.
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Rambling through the Expo. This is where it gets messy. I'm supposed to be "networking" or "exploring" or whatever the business gurus call it. In reality, I'm mostly wandering around, feeling slightly overwhelmed, and trying not to make eye contact with overly enthusiastic salespeople.
- The Coffee Catastrophe: I, foolishly, decided to grab a coffee. A fancy coffee. A latte with… something. I was so blinded by the promise of caffeine that I didn't even bother to check the price. Turns out, it cost more than my breakfast. And it tasted like burnt dirt. Regret. Pure, unadulterated regret.
- The "Lost in Translation" Moment: Attempting to ask for directions… in broken Spanish. The person I was talking to looked at me like I had three heads. Eventually, through a combination of frantic hand gestures and desperate pleading, I managed to convey (I think) that I was looking for the bathroom. Mission accomplished! Though it took the better part of an hour.
- The Food Court Fiasco: Okay, I was STARVING. The coffee disaster had fueled a ravenous monster within me. I ventured into the food court. Here it's a war zone. The sheer variety is overwhelming (and wonderful). I settled on tacos and they were… divine. Truly, a religious experience. I'm pretty sure I achieved taco nirvana right there in the middle of the expo.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: A desperate attempt to find a quiet space. I found a bench, next a fountain, and a spot in a quiet corner to recharge my batteries (and my phone).
7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm probably going to find a low-key spot.
8:00 PM: Hotel, crash, and collapse.
Day 2: Delving Deeper & The Existential Dread
- 8:00 AM: Wake up, feeling surprisingly okay. Considering I'm in a foreign country, surrounded by thousands of people, and subsisting mostly on tacos, this is a win.
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Another Expo Odyssey. Today, I actually attempt to semi-focus on the reason I'm here. I'm still a bit lost. Walking around the Expo feels like a marathon. I visit the booths and force myself to speak to people. I try not to sound like a complete buffoon.
- The Networking Nightmare: I tried to strike up a conversation with this dude. He was wearing a suit, which immediately intimidated me because my style is a t-shirt and jeans. So, naturally, I spill coffee on his business card. Smooth, right?
- The Unexpected Connection: Then, I stumble onto an interesting booth and actually have a decent conversation with a friendly woman. We bonded over our mutual love of dogs and our shared exasperation at the price of everything. This made me smile.
- The Sample Overload: By the end of this, I have a bag full of random samples. Little soaps, pens that don't work, and a single, inexplicably squishy stress ball. I'm pretty sure I have enough promotional material to open my own miniature gift shop.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Tacos, again. Never apologize for a good thing.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The "I Give Up On Productivity" Phase. My brain starts to melt a bit. I begin to wander. I find myself staring at a particularly shiny exhibit display for an uncomfortably long time. I get the sudden urge to buy a ridiculously expensive gadget I don't need. I fight the impulse with the power of pure willpower (and the knowledge that my bank account would hate me).
- The People-Watching Olympics: I became obsessed with watching the people. Observe the different ways you can tell someone is an expert in some business. Observe the styles, the attitudes.
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: I find myself at a smaller restaurant, where I find myself conversing with a man who is a self-proclaimed "Local food Connoisseur." I've never met someone so passionate about food.
- 7:00 PM: Return to the hotel. Start writing these notes and have dinner.
- **8:00 PM: ** Early night. I can't stop thinking about the experiences I had.
Day 3: The Farewell & The Unexpected Epiphany
- 8:00 AM: The final day. I'm starting to miss the Expo. Weird, huh?
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: One Last Hurrah. I embrace the chaos. I make a point of trying to talk to people, even if I mostly just end up nodding and smiling.
- The "Actual" Networking: I stumbled on a small talk group where people could speak their mind. Very refreshing!
- The Farewell Taco: One last taco feast to send me off on my way.
- 12:00 PM: Departure. I leave the Expo.
- 1:00 PM: Airport.
- 2:00 PM: Plane.
Final Thoughts (and a Few Tears, Maybe):
This trip was messy, it was chaotic, and it was full of moments I'd rather forget. But! There were moments of pure joy. There were connections, both fleeting and profound. And those tacos? Oh, the tacos. This experience was worth all the stress. Guadalajara, you've got a piece of my heart (and my stomach). Honestly, I'm already planning my return.
Escape to Texas Charm: Hilton Garden Inn Tyler Awaits!Portonovo Plaza Expo: Guadalajara's ...Well, *Event*
Okay, so what *is* this Portonovo Plaza thing, anyway? And why should *I* care?
Alright, let's be real. Describing the Portonovo Plaza Expo is like trying to herd cats. It's… a thing. Basically, it's an event in Guadalajara, and it's got a bit of everything. Think craft market meets food festival meets… well, you know. I've been going for years, it's a Guadalajara staple. I remember the first time, dragging my feet because, "Ugh, another expo?" Turns out, I was wrong. SO wrong. I mean, there's always *something* interesting.
They've got, like, mountains of artisan goods. Think hand-tooled leather wallets (I bought one that's *gorgeous*), ceramic pots (broke one last year, oops), silver jewelry, all that good stuff. Then comes the food, and OH BOY, the food. Think tacos al pastor, birria, churros that are literally still sizzling, and the occasional bizarre concoction that will either blow your mind or make you run for the nearest bathroom.
Why you should care? Well, if you live in Guadalajara and haven't been, you're practically committing a crime! If you're visiting? Highly, highly recommended. It gives a great feel for the local scene, and it's just...a vibe. A slightly hectic, sometimes overwhelming, but utterly *Guadalajara* vibe.
Is it actually *good*? Like, is the quality of stuff worth it? Or is it just a bunch of overpriced tourist trinkets?
Okay, this is a touchy one, because, listen, some stuff *is* tourist-trap-level. You'll see the usual mass-produced "Mexican" souvenirs. But! And this is a big but, there's also a ton of amazing, genuinely talented artisans. My advice? Walk around. *Browse*. Like, really browse. Don't rush. Look for the stands that are a bit messy, where the artists are actually present and maybe even a little, you know, *sweaty* from working. That's usually a good sign.
I found this incredible leather craftsman a couple of years ago. His stuff was stunning, handcrafted, the smell of the leather just...heavenly. I ended up buying a whole belt. Cost me a little more, but it was worth every single peso. It's my go-to belt now.
So yeah, there's junk. But there's also treasure. You just gotta find it.
What are the food options *really* like? Spiciness levels? Diet restrictions? What if I'm, you know, a picky eater?
The food is a major highlight, but here's the REAL, unvarnished truth: It's Guadalajara food. Meaning, expect some spice. Not always face-melting, but definitely bring your A-game. They use it for fun here. I think they love to see us sweat.
Honestly, you'll find pretty much anything. Tacos, gorditas, quesadillas, pozole, birria...the list goes on. I'm a sucker for the tacos al pastor (pineapple on top! *chef's kiss*) and that birria… oh man, that birria! You can smell it from a mile away. They often have vegan options, although you might need to ask. Gluten-free? Maybe. Probably not. Just be prepared to ask, and clarify ingredients, and speak a little Spanish.
Now, if you're a picky eater… Godspeed. You might struggle a bit. But even then, scope things out, go for the safer options first, and you might find something you love. There are always those churros. Always.
How crowded is it? Like, can I actually walk around without being herded like cattle?
It's Guadalajara. It's an expo. It's crowded. Plain and simple. Weekends? Forget about it. You'll be bumping shoulders, waiting in lines, and feeling a bit overwhelmed, especially in the central areas. The aisles get tighter, the pushing gets more intense. I've seen fights break out over a prime churro-spot. Okay, maybe not fights, but definitely some intense eye contact.
Go on a weekday if you can. Mornings are usually better than afternoons. And for the love of all that is holy, be patient. Also, if you are easily overstimulated, it's NOT for you. Seriously. Bring your chill pill, a lot of patience and a good sense of humor.
What about the cost? Is it expensive? Are there any tips for saving money?
The cost varies. Entrance is usually free (check the website, though). Food is generally reasonably priced, but it can add up if you eat a lot (like me!). Artisan goods? Depends on the artisan! Some are pricey. Others are more affordable, so budget accordingly.
My money-saving tips? Eat before you go, or pack some snacks (though who are we kidding? The food is the point!). Bring cash, because not every vendor takes cards. Bargaining? Eh, it's not really the culture here the way it is in some other markets. You can *try* to haggle, but be respectful. Don't be that guy.
Here's a story. I once went with my friend, who has a real bad-ass attitude. He bargained a necklace down to the last peso and the seller was so visibly upset, he was embarrassed and ended up paying the price the seller wanted. He always jokes about it now. So, negotiate, just don’t push it!
Is it safe? Should I be worried about pickpockets or anything?
Generally, it's safe, especially during the day. Guadalajara is a big city, you have to be aware of your surroundings. But yes, pickpockets are always a concern in crowded places. Keep your phone and wallet secure. Don't flash a lot of cash. Be mindful of your bags. It's common sense stuff.
I've never had a problem, but I always keep my wits about me. The Expo is usually packed. The kind of place where you could get bumped and lifted without even realizing it. So, stay alert, especially in the busiest areas.
Look, as much as I love the Expo, I don't want to sugarcoat it. It’s a city, and cities unfortunately have their issues. Be smart. Be aware. Trust your gut. If something feels off, get out of there.
Okay, spill the tea! What's the absolute BEST experience you've had at Portonovo Plaza? (And the WORST?)
Alright, this is whereFind Hotel Now