Niagara Falls Sheraton: Your Dream Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Niagara Falls Sheraton! "Your Dream Escape Awaits!" – they say. Well, let’s see if that dream is more "gentle laze by a pool" or "nightmare fueled by lukewarm buffet coffee." I’m ready for both.
First Impressions – The Arrival & Accessibility (or Lack Thereof?)
Okay, first things first: finding the darn thing. Niagara Falls, bless its chaotic heart, can be a bit of a tourist-trap maze. Getting to the Sheraton felt like navigating a flock of aggressive pigeons, especially with… well… let’s be real… I’ve got a wonky knee these days. The car park [on-site] was a lifesaver, and thankfully, car park [free of charge] is a win! It’s usually a miracle finding a parking spot this close to the Falls without selling a kidney. So, a small victory there. Bonus points.
But accessibility… hmmm. The elevator was a must for me, and thankfully readily available. The facilities for disabled guests are touted, and I peeked around. It looked pretty good, but I didn’t roll in with my wheelchair - so i can’t give firsthand experience, but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and put a pin in it. I'd love to know more about their facilities for disabled guests and would love a guest review.
Check-in/out [express] was efficient, at least. I'm not a fan of check-in/out [private] unless I'm feeling extra fancy. The Concierge was helpful enough, even if he did look like he'd seen a thousand tourists in the last hour.
The Room – My Humble Abode (and Wi-Fi Woes!)
Alright, the room. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes (yay! Slippers too!), Bathroom phone (who actually uses those?), Blackout curtains (essential!), Closet, Coffee/tea maker (bless!), Desk, Extra long bed (always a plus), Free bottled water (another win!), Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Mirror, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Window that opens (crucial).
My big minor gripe? The Internet access – wireless. The Wi-Fi [free], well, let's just say it was… flaky. Patchy. Like trying to herd kittens. I was totally reliant in on that Wi-Fi [free] to write reviews and plan and I was really annoyed. I saw the Internet access – LAN on my options but that meant trailing a wire and I wanted the convenience. Internet is a must for me. Come on, Sheraton, sort your Wi-Fi out! A hotel in this day and age absolutely NEEDS good Wi-Fi. I need to Instagram my breakfast, people!
The Food Fight – Dining, Drinking & Snacking
This is where things get… interesting. Because, let me be frank, I went in with the expectation of a buffet in restaurant. I heard from a lot of people the Breakfast [buffet] was a must. But in the grand scheme of things, with all the Hygiene certification and Anti-viral cleaning products I think the food was up to scratch. A la carte in restaurant is always welcome, but I wanted a buffet. The sheer joy of wandering around in a Breakfast [buffet] is something you cant easily take away.
The Coffee shop was decent, and the bottle of water in the room was a nice touch. I did appreciate they offered Breakfast takeaway service for those of us who just can't face another human being first thing in the morning, or are, you know, rushing to see the Falls. Oh, and the Poolside bar… lovely. But, you'll know, because its a pool bar, things are a little overpriced.
The restaurants… well, there's a few, featuring Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in restaurant. The Desserts in restaurant were tempting. And, this is good, they even had a Vegetarian restaurant… Salad in restaurant? Sure, i'll take it.
The bar Happy hour was a welcome sight.
Things to Do – Relaxing, Rejuvenating &… Well, Trying
Okay, this is where the Sheraton really had me interested. Hello Spa?! Yes, please. The Swimming pool [outdoor] looked amazing… but it was during the winter. Sigh. The Sauna and Steamroom are always good, and the Fitness center was decent. I didn’t go with the sole purpose of Body scrub or Body wrap, but it’s definitely a bonus.
Okay, I admit it. The Massage was one of the best I've ever had. It was a fantastic experience, and what made it all the more exceptional was… a slight mistake by the masseuse. She was so apologetic, I just couldn't help but laugh. It was something so unlike the usual sterile hotel experience. She went above and beyond to make the whole thing amazing. I really needed that massage.
Cleanliness & Safety – The Worrywarts' Checklist
This is important. In today's world, you have to be safe, and the Sheraton seemed to take it seriously. I spent some time looking at the Cleanliness and safety aspects, and it’s good: Hand sanitizer, Daily disinfection in common areas, Staff trained in safety protocol, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. Not too much to fault.
For the Kids – Kid-Friendly or Just Tolerating?
I didn’t have kids with me, but I saw Kids facilities and Babysitting service listed. Family/child friendly is a definite selling point for some. Kids meal is a smart addition too.
Services & Conveniences – The Extras
Concierge (mentioned before, they were okay), Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace… they had it all. Even a Convenience store for midnight snack runs.
The Verdict – Is This Your Dream Escape?
So, is the Niagara Falls Sheraton "Your Dream Escape"? Mmm, it's a mixed bag. It's not perfect – the Wi-Fi needs a serious upgrade – but it offers a lot. The location is prime. The views are stunning. The massage was pure bliss. The staff were, on the whole, friendly and helpful.
Here's what I think:
- The Good: Prime location, beautiful views, excellent massage, generally friendly staff, good safety protocols
- The Bad: Wi-Fi issues, could be noisy in certain rooms
- The Meh: Buffet could be better, some service aspects a bit rushed.
My Offer: Booking Strategy!
STOP SCROLLING!
I've got a few more important things to share!
Okay, if you're looking for a solid, reliable hotel in Niagara Falls, the Sheraton is worth a look, provided you manage your expectations, especially with the Wi-Fi.
What you get for your money:
- Fantastic Proximity to the Falls: Walkable to the core attractions.
- The Spa Experience: Seriously, book that massage. It's worth it.
- Clean and relatively safe: Safety is obviously a concern, and the Sheraton seemed to take it seriously.
- Stunning Views: Some rooms have direct views of the Falls. That's a huge selling point.
The Offer:
- Book directly through the Sheraton website or a reputable site.
- Opt for a room with a falls view (if available).
- Consider a package deal that includes the spa (trust me).
Final Thoughts:
The Niagara Falls Sheraton is not perfect. But it's pretty darn good. It has flaws, sure. But, it's a solid choice, I still would recommend it. Especially if you're after a spot to base your Niagara Falls adventure. So yeah, I'd give it a go.
(Disclaimer: I am not an official reviewer. This review is based on my experiences and opinions. Prices and amenities are subject to change.)
SEO Keywords: Niagara Falls Sheraton, Niagara Falls hotel, hotel review, Niagara Falls, Canada, spa, massage, falls view, family friendly hotel, accessibility, Wi-Fi, Ontario, vacation, travel, things to do, accommodation, hotels in Niagara Falls, Niagara
Brezza Hotel Sitiawan: Your Dream Malaysian Getaway Awaits!Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a gloriously messy, opinionated, and likely over-caffeinated adventure in Niagara Falls! I'm talking Sheraton Niagara Falls, baby. And let me tell you, this is going to be a trip.
Day 1: The Arrival (and the Existential Dread of Hotel Carpets)
- 1:00 PM: ARRIVAL! Finally, escaping the soul-crushing monotony of… well, everything. Straight out of the car, and BAM, we're hit with the sheer, overwhelming presence of the Sheraton. It's… big. And the lobby? Pristine, maybe a little too pristine. Makes me feel like I should be wearing white gloves just to breathe. The carpet, though? Ah, the carpet. That swirling pattern… I swear it's staring into my soul. I can already feel the hotel-induced existential dread creeping in. Oh boy.
- 1:30 PM: Check-in. Smooth as butter… which makes me suspicious. Are they too efficient? Are they hiding something? Like, a secret portal to another dimension located directly behind the reception desk? I’m probably overthinking it. Room key acquired. Time to find the elevator, which always feels unnecessarily complicated in these sprawling hotels.
- 2:00 PM: Room Reveal! Okay, the view… is actually pretty spectacular! Niagara Falls in all their glory, right outside the window… or at least, a sliver of it. Still, not a bad start. Immediately drop everything on the bed, because, rules.
- 2:30 PM: The inevitable quest for caffeine. Find the in-hotel Starbucks. Overpay for a sugar-laden coffee. I’m not judging, I'm participating.
- 3:00 PM: Post-caffeine fueled exploration. Start with the obligatory walk around the hotel. The pool looks suspiciously crowded, let's pass on that for now. The game room, however… Oh, the game room! It smells distinctly of childhood dreams and broken joystick buttons. I might have to return there later, guilt-free, naturally.
- 4:00 PM: First Glances. Time to actually see the Falls. This is it, the reason we're here! Head to the Niagara Falls State Park (NY side), take photos, get a little splashed, and feel incredibly small. I’m talking epic levels of majestic. It's also ridiculously crowded. Tourists EVERYWHERE. But the Falls… Oh, the Falls. They're just… powerful. I can't help but feel completely overwhelmed by their unrelenting rush. I'm starting to think I need a nap, but the Falls are still calling.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Finding a restaurant that isn't a total tourist trap is a challenge. We settle for a place that looks decent. The food is so-so, but the people-watching is gold. The kid at the next table is clearly having a moment with his french fries. Relatable.
- 8:00 PM: Fireworks! Okay, this is truly impressive. The Canadian side puts on a show, and you can see them from the Sheraton. The burst of colors is beautiful, but I'm also thinking about the cost of those things, the environmental impact… I know, I know, killjoy. Try to enjoy it anyway, because, well, fireworks.
- 9:00 PM: Hotel room chill-time, and plan for tomorrow. I am exhausted, but also buzzing. The Falls are intoxicating. I decide to watch some terrible TV to fully embrace the hotel experience. The channel selection is… questionable. And my mind is officially fried.
- 10:00 PM: Fail at bedtime. I will stay up. This hotel room is like the Tardis. What is the meaning of life? That's what I'm asking myself.
Day 2: Fury, Falls, Food (or My Descent into Hydration-Based Madness…)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up after a terrible sleep (hotel beds, am I right?). Caffeine. Must have caffeine. Immediately.
- 9:00 AM: The "Maid of the Mist" boat tour. Now, this is where I'm going to get real. This is why we are here. So, first off, the line is ridiculous. But the moment we get on that boat, that's it. We're doused in water, drenched head to toe, and it's incredible. The full force of the Falls is like no other. The roar, the spray, the sheer magnitude… It's overwhelming but also kind of cleansing? Okay, definitely worth the soaking. My hair looks incredible, even if it's completely, utterly, soaked.
- 11:00 AM: Post-Mist Warmup. It's a struggle to walk properly, and the weather is moody. Change outfits. The gift shop is a blur of cheesy souvenirs. Buying a Niagara Falls snow globe. I'm not sure why.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. The restaurant choice is a mistake (again, the tourist trap strikes again). The food is mediocre. The service is slow. I blame the post-boat experience (and maybe the lack of sleep). I'm already planning the next meal. This is a serious problem.
- 1:30 PM: More Falls-Gazing. This time, a stroll along the Niagara Gorge. The view is just different. This time, the sheer, overwhelming presence of the water is mixed with a sense of the raw, untamed power of nature. We are the small folks, the guests of an ancient, mighty presence.
- 3:00 PM: Hydration! This is important. Water. Water. Water. Must. Hydrate. I buy an entire case of bottled water. I feel like I've discovered the secret to a happy life.
- 4:00 PM: The whirlpool Aero Car. A cable car ride over the Niagara River Whirlpool. Another thing. The views are again incredible. But, the car looks old, old enough that I spend most of the time wondering how exactly it’s staying up in the air, which probably isn’t the best for enjoying the view. But I am still alive!.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner: THIS TIME, a proper restaurant choice. I finally have some amazing food and drinks. Life is good.
- 8:00 PM: Whirlpool Madness. Just a walk around the whirlpool. The amount of water! I'm getting a bit obsessed. Can't stop thinking about it.
- 9:00 PM: Casino Rumination. The excitement and exhaustion make me wander into the casino. I put in a handful of dollars, win a few dollars, and leave. Not a gambler. But, I did see some very glamorous people… and some who seemed a little too invested. Interesting observations, to say the least.
- 10:00 PM: Bedtime. Okay, feeling the tiredness. I'm actually feeling… relaxed? Maybe. The Falls, the jet lag, the food, the water. It's all beginning to blend into one big, watery, wonderful mess.
Day 3: So Long, Niagara… And the Search for Reality
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. (Still tired.) Farewell coffee.
- 9:00 AM: Quick Breakfast. The Sheraton buffet. Overpriced, but convenient.
- 10:00 AM: Check Out. Smooth. Too smooth? Maybe they're secretly relieved to see me go.
- 10:30 AM: One Last Glance. A final look at the Falls. I can't help but feel a pang of sadness. Say goodbye to the rushing water, the mist swirling every which way, the sheer power.
- 11:00 AM: The gift shop. The final, last-minute souvenir. Because.
- 11:30 AM: The Drive Home. The journey back into reality begins. I'm heading back to where it all started.
- 12:00 PM: Reflect. I feel as if I've seen a parallel reality. I've felt the raw power of nature, and witnessed the beauty of both the natural and artificial. Now I embrace the inevitable return to normalcy, the daily routine.
- End: I am left with memories. I am a little exhausted, a little damp, and definitely ready for a real shower. And I loved it all. Okay, maybe not all of it. But Niagara Falls? Definitely worth it. Now, time to start planning the next adventure… The world awaits!
Niagara Falls Sheraton: Your Dream Escape…Maybe? A Messy FAQ
Okay, is this place *actually* a dream escape, or just, you know, a hotel?
Alright, buckle up. "Dream escape" might be stretching it a *little*. It's not like, you're waking up in a Hobbit hole overlooking the Shire. But, and this is a big but, the Sheraton's potential is there. The *views* from the Fallsview rooms? Phenomenal. Seriously, you could lose an hour just staring. I actually did, once. I was supposed to be getting ready, but instead, I was glued to the window, watching the mist rise. It's like a giant, roaring, majestic water feature. Kinda hypnotic.
However… that "dream escape" feeling can be quickly torpedoed by things like, oh, say, a screaming child at 6 AM. Or the elevator situation. More on that later. So, yeah. "Dream escape" with *significant* asterisks.
What are the rooms *really* like? Because online photos are, well, often deceptive.
Okay, truth time. The rooms are…fine. They're clean! That’s the first and foremost important thing. I mean, you’re not going to find dust bunnies having a rave under the bed. Usually. The older rooms? A bit… tired. Think solid, dependable, and maybe last renovated when dial-up internet was the cutting edge of technology. The Fallsview rooms, as mentioned, are worth the upgrade. Seeing the falls from your bed? Priceless. Unless you're paying, then it’s probably a bit pricey.
Here's my real-life anecdote of room drama: One time, we had a “deluxe room” that wasn't particularly *deluxe*. The air conditioning sounded like a jet engine taking off. We called down to complain. They offered us a different room. The other room…had even worse air-con. We finally gave up and just cranked the window open. Surprisingly, the roaring falls actually drowned out the noise of the HVAC, which was...a win?
So, yes. Book a Fallsview room. Try to. It at least promises *something* special.
Are the elevators a complete nightmare? I've heard…things.
The elevators. Oh, the elevators. This is where the "dream escape" starts to crack a little more vigorously. Yes. Yes, the elevators can be a nightmare. Especially during peak season, or, let's be honest, any time more than 20 people are checking in/out simultaneously. I've spent more time waiting for elevators at the Sheraton than I’ve probably spent *watching* the actual falls. Someone needs to have a serious talk about physics and capacity with the building’s architects. I swear! It's even enough to make you consider the stairs. The *stairs*. And I am not remotely "stair-person."
My biggest elevator war was during a long weekend. We were on the 40th floor, and it took us a solid 25 minutes to descend one morning. The elevator was packed tighter than a commuter train in Tokyo. I swear, I could feel the collective frustration radiating off everyone. I even saw a woman practicing her downward dog, just to deal with the wait! And then… the elevator *stopped* between floors. For a solid minute. Cue the panic. Then, thank God, we were released. After that, I took the stairs. For, like, two flights. Then went back to the elevator. Ugh.
My advice? Pack patience, allow *extra* time, and maybe schedule your bathroom breaks strategically.
What does the Fallsview Restaurant and the dining options in general, offer? Worth the hype? or the cost?
Okay, the Fallsview Restaurant… the view *is* spectacular. You’re basically eating your dinner with the Niagara Falls as your date. Romantic, right? Except when the food arrives. It's…fine. Honestly. It is elevated hotel dining, but it’s not, like, Michelin star worthy. The cost? Let's just say you’re absolutely paying for the view. The food can be hit or miss. The service too. Sometimes it’s impeccable and other times, it's... well, trying. During one of my visits, the soup was so salty I thought I was drinking the actual ocean. And once, it took them an hour to bring our check. But, the view… the view. It really does redeem a lot.
Beyond Fallsview? There are other options, like the Keg, which I'd rate as a solid choice. (They're also in a spot that has a pretty good view). There's also some quick-bite options for the times when a burger just hits the spot. You will find a plethora of dining options surrounding the hotel, too.
My advice? Order the steak, spring for the view, and prepare for the food to be an afterthought. Focus on the Niagara Falls!
What about the pool and other amenities? Is it a good place to take kids?
The pool(s) are definitely geared towards kids. You got your typical indoor pool/outdoor pool setup. They usually have a splash zone, so if you're traveling with the young'uns in your life, this place is a winner. It is a good option for families. It's kid-friendly and keeps them busy. The downside? Can get *very* crowded. And noisy. If peace and quiet is the goal, then maybe avoid it. Or wear noise-canceling headphones!
Other amenities? There’s a spa, which I've heard is lovely, though I've never personally splurged. A gift shop! A casino is right on the premise, so if you are feeling lucky, you can try your hand. The hotel is also connected to an indoor waterpark, which is also, I suspect, kid-heaven (aka slightly chaotic?).
So, yes. Kid-friendly? Absolutely. A relaxing spa experience for Mom? Potentially. Just depends on your priorities. Maybe bring earplugs and a bottle of wine!
Okay, so the final verdict? Recommend it?
Look, here's the deal. The Niagara Falls Sheraton is a solid contender. It's not perfect, and it definitely has its quirks. The elevators, the sometimes-mediocre food, the potential for screaming children – these are the trade-offs. But… the view? That undeniable, jaw-dropping, take-your-breath-away view of the falls? That, my friends, is worth a lot.
So, yeah. I'd recommend it. With caveats. Book a Fallsview room. Pack your patience for the elevators. Maybe bring some snacks. And prepare to be amazed. Just don’t expect perfection. Embrace the mess. That's where the memories are!
And one last thought... if the view isn't clear, you know who to blame :) (Also, check for deals!)