Escape to Paradise: Stunning Boguvila Apartments, Brač Island

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Escape to Paradise: Stunning Boguvila Apartments, Brač Island

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the sun-drenched, turquoise-watered world of Boguvila Apartments on Brač Island. And let me tell you, after sifting through the brochure fluff and the PR hype, I’m ready to dish the REAL dirt. This isn’t just a review; it’s a vibe check, a brutally honest assessment of whether Escape to Paradise actually delivers on its promise.

First off, let's talk about the accessibility situation. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I’ve got a bum knee that screams at me on stairs. So, I was particularly keen to see if "facilities for disabled guests" meant anything beyond a polite check in the box. Here’s the deal: there’s an elevator, which is a HUGE win right off the bat. Kudos! The accessible rooms themselves? I didn't stay in one, but the presence of an elevator, and the layout I observed suggests they've at least thought about it. Fingers crossed the bathrooms are actually usable. More intel needed, folks, but it's a hopeful start.

Wheelchair accessible? - Needs a careful, in-person survey. Facilities for disabled guests - Present, and with an elevator. Potential, but still more info needs.

Okay, internet. This is a must for keeping up with actual life, and, you know, posting Instagram pics of those ridiculously beautiful sunsets. They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Praise be! And Internet access – wireless is on the list, so you should be absolutely covered. But I, a seasoned internet detective, can tell you that sometimes “Wi-Fi” is code for “weak signal and perpetual buffering.” I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s decent, because, frankly, that’s a dealbreaker these days, and Internet access – LAN is also a plus for those of us who still like getting a little wired.

Internet access – wireless Yay! Internet access – LAN Nice for those who love to use a wired connection

Now, the Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Let’s get into the good stuff. This is where Boguvila really tries to lure you in, right?

  • Swimming Pool: Outdoor, with a view, and a pool view?!?!
  • Spa: Ah, the gateway to Zen. I'm a sucker for a good spa.
  • Sauna, Steamroom, Massage: The holy trinity of relaxation, even if I'm more of a beer-drinker than a spa-goer.
  • Fitness Center: Gym, fitness, because gotta earn that cocktail somehow…

Here's where I confess: I spent hours by that pool. Hours. The "pool with a view" is no joke. The turquoise water just melts into the horizon. I swear, I almost forgot to breathe. There are loungers (thank GOD), and even a poolside bar. Can you imagine?! I practically lived there, alternating between sun-worshipping and sipping on their cocktails, which are strong. The vibe is chilled, no screaming kids (thankfully, or it would have been an instant no-go for me, because I need my peace). This pool experience? A+. You just melt into that experience. I need some now!

Now, the Body wrap, Body scrub stuff? Maybe. I might have been more interested if the beer-drinking hadn't taken over, to be honest. But it's there, and that means a lot of people will be happy about it.

Let's just say, the Spa/sauna is probably worth checking out. Okay, so the breakfast buffet? Buffet in restaurant? I'm a sucker for that kind of breakfast. They've got Asian breakfast as well, so that must be good. I'll forgive them if the coffee/tea in restaurant is strong. Desserts in restaurant is a plus for me.

Food and Drinks - More notes:

Let's be honest. Food can make or break a vacation. Boguvila offers a variety, including a vegetarian restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and a Western cuisine in restaurant. You can get a Coffee shop as well. There's a Bar, so clearly they know what matters.

Safety and Cleanliness

In today's world, this is paramount. Boguvila gets it. They’re ticking the boxes. "Anti-viral cleaning products"? Check. "Daily disinfection in common areas"? Check. "Hand sanitizer"? You betcha. "Rooms sanitized between stays"? Yes, thank goodness. The Staff trained in safety protocol. "Safe dining setup"? Essential. This is all reassuring.

The Room: The Real Test

Okay, here's the nitty-gritty. Available in all rooms – Air conditioning (phew!), air conditioning in public areas (double phew!), and Free Wi-Fi. (Triple phew). Air Conditioning. Alarm clock? Bathtrobes, Bathroom phone? Free bottled water! Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless. Minibar. Non-smoking. Private bathroom. Reading light. Shower. Soundproofing. Toiletries. Towels. Wake-up service. Slippers. Smoke detector! Window that opens, Yes! Seating area, Satellite/cable channels, Desk, Closet, Blackout curtains, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker, Daily housekeeping, Extra long bed, Internet access – LAN, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens. Mirror. That is a lot of boxes checked! The Room decorations are nice Mirror.

A few things that made my blood boil

  • Why no pets allowed? Bummer for our furry friends.
  • Room service [24-hour] and Breakfast in room might've been good.

The Verdict?

Boguvila Apartments is NOT perfect. BUT and this is a BIG but, it's got its priorities straight. It's a solid choice, especially if you want to chill by the pool and soak up the sun.

The "Escape to Paradise" Offer (With a Twist)

The Hook: Escape to Paradise: Stunning Boguvila Apartments, Brač Island – and for the first 20 people who book in the next 72 hours, get a free upgrade to a room with a sea view (subject to availability) and a complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival! Book by using this link…

Why this works:

  • It addresses the pain points: You can be sure the safety and cleanliness are there.
  • It capitalizes on aspiration: The pool, the spa, the promise of relaxation—that’s what people want.
  • It’s emotionally charged: You can truly get away, be free.
  • It creates urgency: The limited-time offer motivates immediate action.

Final Thoughts:

Boguvila is far from boring. The place is an overall win, but the real win is the pool. The real win is the view, The real win is the feeling.

So go. Be lazy. Swim. Drink. Let the sun soak into your bones and just breathe. You deserve it.

Mount Vernon's BEST Downtown Hotel: Comfort Inn Review & Deals!

Book Now

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

My Brac Island Beatdown (aka, Apartments Boguvila & Beyond - A Messy Itinerary)

Okay, so here goes. This "itinerary" is less a meticulously planned guide and more a chronicle of my impending implosion/triumph on Brac Island. Apartments Boguvila? Sounds lovely in the brochure. We'll see. I'm basically winging it, fueled by cheap wine and a desperate need for sunshine (the kind that's not blasting through my office window).

Day 1: Arrival & the Great Luggage Tango (and Initial Panic)

  • Morning (ish): Flight from wherever-the-hell-I-was-before. Let's just say it involved a delayed train, a lukewarm coffee, and a near-meltdown over a mispriced avocado. Already feeling optimistic!
  • Arrival at Split Airport: Smooth (relatively). Lost my sunglasses within 10 minutes of landing. It's a bad omen, I just know it. Hired car. Should have opted for the bus, but I figured, 'treat yourself, you miserable sod'. Now, regretting.
  • Afternoon: The drive to Supetar on the ferry was… gorgeous. Seriously. Like, jaw-droppingly beautiful. That sapphire water? Unreal. Tried to take a photo, completely butchered it. My photography skills are on par with a drunken sloth.
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: The Boguvila Debacle. Okay, finding Apartments Boguvila. The directions? "Turn left at the… the… big tree?" Seriously? After a chaotic 20-minute detour through a village that smelled faintly of oregano and disapproval, I finally found it. The apartment… is nice. Sort of. Clean, but… the balcony? Tiny. Like, I could barely fit my wine glass on it. And the AC? Sounds like a dying walrus. Already mentally composing strongly worded emails.
  • Evening: Dinner at a recommended Konoba near the Boguvila hotel. Ordered grilled fish. Bone-filled. Ate it anyway. Desperate. Wine was decent though. Stumbled back, feeling slightly sunburnt and utterly bewildered by the sheer number of stars crammed into the sky. Also, pretty sure I saw a cat judging me. Probably deserved it.

Day 2: The Beach, the Boats, and the Existential Crisis (or, the Day I Fell in Love with Sand)

  • Morning: Woke up to the walrus-AC performing its swan song. Fixed it. Found the beach. And it was GLORIOUS. Soft white sand, crystal-clear water, and… me. Alone with my existential dread. Spent the entire morning alternating between blissful sunbathing and fretting about life choices. Which beach? Zlatni Rat. Yes, it's famous, yes, it's crowded, but the water! The sand! So pristine… I forgot to apply more sunscreen. I'm already starting to feel like a lobster.
  • Late Morning: Hired a paddleboard. Tried (and failed) to stand up. Ended up looking like a beached, sunburned seal. Worth it.
  • Afternoon: Lunch at a beachside cafe. Ordered a ridiculously overpriced salad and watched tanned, effortlessly cool people sipping cocktails. Felt incredibly awkward. But the salad was good. And the view? Stunning. So I ate more and tried not to judge the very attractive people.
  • Late Afternoon: Wandered the harbor, ogling the yachts. Dreamed of winning the lottery and buying one. Then remembered I don't play the lottery. My life in a nutshell.
  • Evening: Another Konoba, different town. Got lost. Again. Ordered pizza. It was surprisingly delicious. Met a chatty local who told me the best way to watch the sunset. He was right. It was the best sunset I've ever seen. Maybe the wine helped too.

Day 3: Climbing Mount Vidova Gora and a near-death experience

  • Morning: Thought about hiking to the summit of Mount Vidova Gora. I'm not really a hiker. My shoes are more for pavement. But the view is supposed to be incredible. I did it. After a nearly vertical ascent that left me gasping for air and questioning my life choices, I FINALLY made it. Holy. Crap. The view? Unspeakable. The entire island stretched out below me, the water sparkling like a million diamonds. I wanted to cry. Of pure joy. Then I almost fell off the edge while taking a selfie. Lesson learned: Don’t take selfies at the edge of a mountain.
  • Afternoon: Back down, spent the entire afternoon in a daze of post-hike exhaustion and a profound sense of accomplishment. Maybe I can do anything, I thought. Maybe I'm not a complete failure! Then I remembered the walrus-AC back at Boguvila and lost some of that confidence.
  • Evening: Tried to make pasta in the apartment. Burned the garlic. Ended up eating a packet of crisps for dinner. It was fine. The ocean was still beautiful.

Day 4: Bol & Beyond - and a Deep Dive into People-Watching

  • Morning: Decided to explore Bol again. The town… is charming. Every corner, every cafe, every gelato shop, is instagramable--to the point of annoyance. But I love it.
    • Spent the morning wandering through the narrow streets, getting totally gloriously lost. This time, my sense of direction wasn't off.
  • Afternoon: Went to more beach.
  • Evening: Tried to find a restaurant off the beaten path. Got lost. Started wondering where I'd gone wrong in life. Found a decent place with a sea view. Watched the sun set and ate octopus. It was the perfect ending.

Day 5: Wine Tasting, Worrying, and The Real Croatian Deal

  • Morning: Organized a wine tasting tour in the island's interior. It was amazing. The vineyards, the people, the history, and the wine… all brilliant.
  • Afternoon: Went back to Boguvila, tried to find the peace of mind that the wine had given me. Instead, I panicked about everything: work, family, the state of the world, whether I'd remembered to close the windows.
  • Evening: I went to a place that wasn't touristy. Found a family-run restaurant with the best food I'd had the entire trip and spent the evening with people who welcomed me, regardless of my clumsy attempts at conversation, and shared food and laughter. I drank more wine. I finally felt connected.

Day 6: Departure - The Bitter-Sweet Farewell

  • Morning: Woke up to the dying gasps of the walrus-AC. Did a final, tearful/grateful/mostly-tearful farewell to the glorious view.
  • Mid-Morning: Navigated the treacherous "big tree" directions (still a mystery) and got back on that ferry.
  • Afternoon: Split airport… again. Said goodbye to the Adriatic.
  • Evening: On the flight home. I'm already plotting my return. Even if I have to deal with the walrus-AC again. Because despite the mishaps, the sunburn, the pasta-related disasters, and the near-death experience, Brac, you magnificent, messy, sun-drenched beast, I loved you. And I'll be back. And this time… I'll bring better sunscreen. And maybe learn to stand up on a paddleboard.

(P.S. Apologies for the erratic structure and the excessive use of exclamation points. This whole trip has been a bit intense.)

Wingate by Wyndham Beaver: Your I-15 Utah Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Okay, so... Escape to Paradise: Boguvila Apartments... Is it *actually* paradise? Don't lie.

Alright, alright, deep breath. Paradise? That's a loaded word, right? I just got back, and look, the pictures? They *smell* good, they're so pretty. And Boguvila, on Brač? Gorgeous! The view from the apartment? Jaw-dropping. Seriously, I spent a good half hour the first day just staring at the Adriatic, feeling like a tiny speck in a gigantic, blue postcard. But a *real* paradise? Well... It’s complicated. Look, you're getting away from it all. That’s the basic appeal. But, and this is my first quibble, *getting* away can be a bit of a trek. From Split, it's a ferry, then a drive. The ferry itself? Pure chaos on a sunny day. Think seagulls fighting for french fries, grumbling tourists, and kids screaming because they’re bored. My personal hell, but, uh, yeah: it actually *added* to the experience, in a weird way. Like, you *knew* you were going somewhere special by the trials and tribulations to get there. It’s a real commitment, this paradise business. So, depends on your definition...

What's the deal with the apartments themselves? Are they, like, clean? And bug-free?

Clean? Yep. Spotless? Close! Honestly, the apartment was *immaculate*. I'm a bit of germaphobe, (don’t judge), and I was happy. The sheets smelled amazing. Okay, maybe I was *slightly* paranoid about dust mites at first, like, I could see the tiny particles dancing in the sunbeam (thank you, morning light), and spent a good 20 minutes re-checking the bathroom… but it was sparkling. Seriously. The cleaning staff earns their pay at Boguvila, no doubt. And bugs? Okay, here's the real talk. It's the countryside! You *will* make friends with some flying things. A couple of mosquitos managed to penetrate my defenses on the first night (they *always* seem to find you, don't they? Bloody things). The bathroom window was left slightly ajar the first day, and, well, let’s just say I discovered the local ant population very quickly. They are tiny and relentless! But, seriously, this is nature, people. Pack some bug spray, and learn to live with a few tiny critters. It’s part of the whole 'escape' thing, right? (I'm still not emotionally recovered from the ant incident, though. Just saying.)

Is there a pool? Because if there's no pool, I'm out.

Yes! There's a pool! A *gorgeous* pool. Beautiful, clean, surrounded by those lounging chairs. Think influencer photoshoot-worthy. The water was perfect, and not freezing like some hotel horrors. The pool area... Yeah, that's where I spent most of my time when I wasn't at the beach. But… here’s where I have a tiny rant that will also reveal something about my own personality: I found myself *slightly* annoyed by the other guests. Not in a major way, mind you. Just… the usual: the competitive sunbathers (reserved their chairs at dawn), the incessant pool-photo takers, and the family with the screaming toddler. They gave me the side-eye for my books, and I, well, stared back, as though they were an endangered species of a very annoying kind. Overall, though, I found myself laughing a lot, because, well, people will always be people!.

What's the location *really* like? Is it remote and boring?

"Remote and boring"? Okay, let me tell you something. The "remoteness" is *part* of the appeal. You're not in the middle of a bustling city. You're on an island! You are a glorious vacationer. Boguvila's a little outside the main town, which is actually a plus – less noise, less… well, *tourists*. But "boring"? Absolutely not! There's plenty to do if you’re the kind of person who wants to be *on vacation*. The closest town is Bol. Get yourself there for a nice dinner, and you’ll find yourself chatting with some eccentric locals, or, in my case, accidentally trying squid (not my thing.. ewwww). The town has beautiful beaches, and that famous windsurfing beach (Zlatni Rat). Be warned: that beach gets *packed*, especially in high season. But it's worth seeing. Then there are olive groves to wander through, hiking trails to explore if you are so inclined (I did not, and, I’m proud of that decision), and boat trips to other islands. You can just relax on the beach and let the sun bake you to a lovely brown. There’s enough to keep anyone occupied for a week, or two. Honestly, I think it’s the perfect mix of relaxation and activity.

What about food and restaurants? Are there any good ones? Or am I eating instant ramen the whole time?

Ramen? No way! Brač and the surrounding areas are a food paradise. Forget the instant noodles. There are *tons* of fantastic restaurants scattered around, and the food is fresh and delicious. Fresh seafood is a must. I’m talking grilled fish, octopus salad, amazing oysters (which I tried and loved). And the local wine? Oh, the wine! It's dangerously good. My biggest recommendation? Find yourself a Konoba (a traditional Croatian tavern) and eat like a local. You might not know everything on the menu, but embrace it! I ordered something once – a beef stew – and I didn't know what half the ingredients were (probably some kind of pickled vegetable). But it was the *best*. Food for thought: I found, on one beach, tiny little food huts, selling amazing snacks, like freshly baked bread, and a local specialty (pašticada) – seriously, I’d go back just for those sandwiches. Just be prepared for the portion sizes to be… well, hearty. You *will* gain a little weight, let’s be honest. But hey, you're on vacation! Enjoy the food.

Is it kid-friendly? I’m travelling with a small hooligan.

Hmm. Kid-friendly. Honestly, the question makes me shiver with the memory of all the screaming on the ferry. It depends on your kid. The pool is fantastic, and there are beaches that are perfect for building sandcastles and paddling, but it’s a place where kids can also *be*. The apartments are spacious, which is a real plus. The only real downside I can see is the lack of specific children’s activities *on site*. That being said, the island itself is a playground. The beach is great. The general vibe is relaxed. There are plenty of opportunities for your little hooligan to run around, splash, and generally cause mayhem, which, let's face it, means they'll be happy. I saw many families having a delightful time. It’s not a Disney resort, but that could be a *good* thing, actually. It’s low-key, safe and beautiful. So, yes, I'd say it's kid-friendly. JustComfort Zone Inn

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia

Apartments Boguvila Brac Island Croatia