Escape to Stratford House Inn: Edmond's Hidden Gem!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic beauty of… Escape to Stratford House Inn: Edmond's Hidden Gem! This isn't your sanitized cookie-cutter hotel, folks. This is a vibe. And let me tell you, I've spent a lot of time trying to decipher the vibe of hotels. This place… it just feels different.
First off, let's be real: I'm not a huge fan of wading through endless lists. I'm more of a "tell me what you felt" kind of person. But, since you asked for it, we're gonna hit the high points, plus the juicy bits:
Accessibility (Ugh, gotta do it!):
- Wheelchair Accessible: Seems like they’ve put in some effort, which is a HUGE plus. I saw mentions, which is better than not seeing them! Details matter, so check before you book! It's not perfect accessibility, but it seems like a solid start.
Food, Glorious Food (and Booze):
- Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants! Okay, they have options. A la carte, buffet, Asian, Western… you name it! I’m a buffet girl at heart (because, hello, variety!), but also appreciated the room service [24-hour]. Because sometimes you just want cheesy fries in your pajamas at 3 AM, am I right?!
- Breakfast: Okay, the breakfast, that's where things get interesting. Buffet, takeaway Asian, Western… and the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen at a hotel: breakfast in room!! (I'm not even sure if it was a good experience, but I'll admit I wanted to judge their breakfast.)
- Bar and Poolside Bar. Essential. Seriously. Happy hour? Don't mind if I do. Need some salty fries and a cold drink while I’m in my swimsuit? Sign me up!
- Coffee Shop and Snack Bar. Yes and yes. Coffee is essential to my functioning.
- Vegetarian Restaurant. Nice touch!
Ways to Relax (because that's the point!)
- The Spa! Now we're talking. I can't live without a good massage, and the fact they have a body scrub and body wrap? Sold. Maybe I'm just easily swayed, but the idea of a sauna, steam room, and spa/sauna is just dreamy.
- Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: Pool with View? YES!
- Fitness Center: (or Gym/fitness) Hey, if you’re into that kinda thing, they’ve got it! Me? I’ll stick to the spa.
- Foot bath: What is this? I don't know, but I'm intrigued.
Cleanliness and Safety (In the age of the 'rona):
Okay, let's be real: Clean matters. Especially now.
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Good start. Daily disinfection in common areas? Even better.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Yes!
- Cashless payment service? Definitely a plus. Less fumbling for cash is always a win in my book.
- Hand sanitizer, First aid kit. The basics are covered.
- Staff trained in safety protocol. Crucial. Crucial, crucial, crucial.
Services and Conveniences (the bits that make life easier):
- Concierge
- Room service [24-hour] - See above, cheesy fries.
- Air conditioning in public area - Essential
- Gift/souvenir shop - Always a good idea, especially if you forgot a gift.
- Daily housekeeping - YES!
- Laundry service/Dry cleaning/Ironing service: I am lazy.
- Indoor Venue for special events - You bet there is.
- Elevator. Crucial - for me and my luggage.
For the Kids (if that’s your thing):
- Babysitting service - Helpful!
- Family/child friendly - Always good to know.
- Kids facilities - Something for the little ones.
- Kids meal - Gotta keep those little bellies full!
In-Room Goodies (Where the Magic Happens):
Okay, this is where it gets personal.
- Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!): Essential. I need to work, or at least pretend to.
- Air conditioning - ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL.
- Bathrobes - I live in mine when I'm at a hotel.
- Coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea - Always appreciate a cuppa
- Refrigerator: Because I'm a snacker.
- The bed: Oh, the bed. A good mattress can make or break a stay. I hope this one is good.
- Desk AND Lap top workspace is crucial.
- Safety/security feature - I like to feel safe.
- Smoke detector - Important.
- Soundproofing - Helps, if you want to sleep.
The "Getting Around" Stuff:
- Airport transfer - Nice if you're flying in!
- Car park [free of charge] - Yes, please!
- Car park [on-site] - Always a plus, especially if you need to unload a lot of luggage.
- Taxi service - Good to have options.
The Hidden Gem? The Vibe, Baby
This place… it feels like it has character. Like it's seen a life. Like it's lived. That's the feeling you want, right? A "hotel" that it is not just a place to sleep, but a place, you want to stay in.
My Messy Takeaway:
Look, I don’t do "perfect." I like my coffee strong, my massage deep, and my hotels… authentic. Stratford House Inn seems to be aiming for that. The amenities are there, the safety precautions seem solid, and the vibe is… intriguing. It's not the Hilton, thank goodness, and it feels like it has a heart.
The Imperfections I Saw:
It's not a chain hotel. (Some people like that. I do!)
You can't pay with cash.
I still don't understand this Foot Bath.
So, here's the deal:
Escape to Stratford House Inn: Edmond's Hidden Gem!
Here's the Deal and Special Offer (Because, let's get you booking!):
"Because Your Sanity Deserves a Getaway!"
Are you tired of the same old boring hotels? Do you crave a little bit of real life – the kind with a proper spa, a pool with a view, and maybe, just maybe, a room service order of late-night cheesy fries?
Here's what you get:
- A truly unique experience: Stratford House Inn isn't just a place to stay; it's a place to feel.
- Relaxation & Rejuvenation: Treat yourself to the spa and the awesome outdoor amenities.
- Food Adventures: Explore our restaurants: from Asian delights to western favorites to a buffet that’s begging you to try everything.
- Peace of Mind: We’ve got safety covered.
Here's the Deal:
- Book a stay of at least 2 nights, and get 1 spa treatment at 25% OFF!
- When you book you'll get 1 free welcome drink when you check in.
- Discounted rates. -15% OFF
- Promo code: "Escape to Paradise"
This isn’t just a hotel, it's an experience. So, ditch the ordinary, embrace the extraordinary, and book your escape today!
Escape to Lake Michigan: Your Dream Stay at Country Inn & Suites!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're heading to the Stratford House Inn in Edmond, Oklahoma, and let me tell you, I'm going in with zero expectations because, frankly, Oklahoma? It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, nestled in a… well, you get the idea. Here's the plan, or at least, my version of the plan, which is about as reliable as a politician's promise on a Tuesday.
Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic
- Morning (ish): Land at Will Rogers World Airport in OKC. Actually, let's be honest, it's probably a late morning. I'm a chronic over-sleeper. I'll blame the excitement, or maybe the anxiety of flying. Either way, expect a bleary-eyed arrival, fueled by lukewarm airport coffee and the existential dread of "Am I really doing this?"
- Mid-Day: Rent a car. Pray to the car rental gods for something with functioning AC. Oklahoma heat is no joke. Seriously. I've heard tales. Drive to Edmond. The GPS? Gonna be my frenemy. I'll probably miss a turn, curse under my breath, and eventually find my way.
- Afternoon: Arrive at the Stratford House Inn. Okay, breathe. Check-in. Pray the room is clean. And the bed isn't a lumpy excuse for a mattress. Pray. Settle in. Maybe unpack. Maybe stare blankly out the window for an hour. It's called processing. Don't judge.
- Evening: Dinner! I have no idea where to eat in Edmond. Google Maps, you're on notice. Something local. Something with character. Preferably something that serves a stiff drink because, after a day of travel, I'm gonna need it. Maybe I'll find some quirky dive bar, the kind with mismatched furniture and a jukebox that plays exclusively country music. Okay, maybe I'll feel like that's a little much. Maybe.
- Night: Stumble back to the hotel. Collapsed on the bed. Decide to watch some absolutely terrible TV. Wonder what the hell I'm doing with my life (the usual).
Day 2: Edmond & The Accidental Art Apology Tour
- Morning: Wake up (hopefully). Stumble out of bed, probably in a half-woken-up rage-state at the sun. Maybe there's a little breakfast. I could probably eat everything at this point.
- Late Morning: Explore Edmond. Find a local coffee shop. Judge the coffee. Judge the locals. (Kidding! Mostly.) I've been led to believe there's a quaint downtown area. I will check it out. Honestly, this is where I feel the most anxiety, this whole "being tourist in a non-touristy place thing." I am not good at it. I am never going to become good at it. But I'll try!
- Afternoon (The Absolute Highlight, or Maybe the Disaster): Okay, so, I did some "research" (aka, scrolled through Instagram). There's a local art gallery. I'm not an art person. I like art… from a distance. I once accidentally walked into a modern art museum, stared at a blank canvas for fifteen minutes, declared it "profound," and felt utterly ridiculous the entire time. But, I am going to this Gallery. I have to. I can already feel the awkwardness. I will probably accidentally knock something over and make a fool of myself. I can just SEE it now! Okay, deep breaths. Act casual. Smile. Nod. Pretend to understand. Maybe take a deep breath and just go with it. I will report back.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Okay, so, about that art gallery visit… Turns out, I spent way too much time there. Like, I mean, hours. More than I anticipated. And the strangest thing happened, I… liked it. Not all of it, don't get me wrong. Some of it was definitely, "What the heck is that?" But some of it…wow. And the artists! Turns out, the art gallery owner asked me what I thought, after I was just wandering around the art like an apathetic idiot, and it was a bit awkward (as predicted) but then the artist came over and we started talking! I think they thought I was at least trying! And it started to… make sense! It was like someone switched on a lightbulb in my brain. I may even went on a little rant on how art is supposed to be hard and it's okay if you don't understand everything!
- Night: Dinner and relaxation (after the Art Apology Tour). Find a restaurant. Order something delicious. Reflect on the fact that I, an art-averse person, actually enjoyed hanging out with a bunch of artists! This whole trip is going to be a total mess!
Day 3: Beyond Edmond & The Farewell (Maybe?)
- Morning: Pack? Ugh. The worst.
- Mid-Day: Okay, so there's supposed to be a park or something. I suppose I could try and take a trip to it. It's nice to get outside. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just find a nice place to sit and read.
- Afternoon: Drive back to the airport. Return the car. Try not to get lost on the way. (Chances are, I will.)
- Evening: Flight home. Reflect on the weird, wonderful, and slightly awkward experience that was Edmond, Oklahoma. Will I go back? Maybe. Will I recommend it to everyone? Probably not. But, was this trip a little bit…good? Surprisingly so.
Important Notes (aka, The Fine Print):
- This itinerary is subject to change based on mood, weather, and the availability of caffeine.
- I may spontaneously decide to do something completely different. Don't @ me.
- Expect typos, grammatical errors, and general ramblings. This is how I process.
- This is my experience. Yours might be completely different. And that's okay.
- Most importantly: Have fun, even if "fun" means being mildly annoyed by everything. You're alive!
Escape to Stratford House Inn: Edmond's Hidden Gem? Ask Away! (Or Don't...Up to You!)
So, Stratford House Inn... Is it *actually* a hidden gem? I mean, you always hear that, right?
Okay, look. "Hidden gem" is thrown around like confetti. But… yes. Mostly. It's not on the main drag, tucked away like some secret speakeasy. You gotta *seek* it out. First time I drove there, I swore I'd missed a turn and ended up in someone's overgrown garden. But then…bam! That gorgeous Victorian house. The "gem"-ness comes from the cozy feeling. It's… less "shiny diamond" and more "perfectly worn, comforting sweater that smells faintly of lavender." And seriously, the parking? It's a *nightmare* in that neighborhood, and they actually have reasonable parking. Score!
What's the vibe like? Is it fancy-pants or more chill?
Chill. Definitely chill. Like, bring-your-slippers-and-a-good-book chill. You know? I, personally, am not super-fancy, so I'd have been miserable in a pretentious place. Stratford House is more, "Come as you are, we just wanna give you some peace and quiet." I saw people in jeans, families with kids (they tolerate kids!), and a couple looking VERY loved up. It's got character. The kind of vibe you get makes you want to just plop down with a cup of tea, which is exactly what I did!
The rooms… are they nice? Because a bad room can ruin a whole trip, you know?
Okay, the rooms... yeah. They *are* nice. But, let's be realistic. It's not the Four Seasons. Think: period-appropriate charm mixed with modern conveniences (thank GOD for the showers!). I stayed in the "Garden Room" and, honestly, I felt like I'd stepped back in time (in a good way! Except, like, the wifi *worked*!). The details are lovely - antique furnishings, plush bedding. My only "complaint," and it's a tiny one, is that one of the drawers in the dresser stuck a little. But honestly, that's the charm of it, isn't it? It felt real, not, like, a hotel room churned out by a machine.
Do they have breakfast? And is it any good? Because breakfast is important, people.
YES! They have breakfast! And it's… *divine*. I swear, I still dream about the French toast. I’m a breakfast aficionado, let’s be honest. It's a real, sit-down, "made-to-order" kind of deal. Not a sad continental breakfast with stale muffins. Think fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, perfectly cooked eggs, and did I mention the FRENCH TOAST?! Seriously, you'll want to lick the plate. I had to restrain myself from asking for seconds (okay, maybe I didn't restrain myself *entirely*). The dining room itself is beautiful, too. You feel like you’re eating in someone’s really, really fancy dining room – but without the pressure to act…fancy. It's a whole experience.
Is there anything else to eat besides breakfast? What about lunch or dinner?
Nope, no lunch or dinner directly *at* the Inn. But… Edmond's a foodie town! You're *surrounded* by options. The Inn staff will happily make suggestions--and trust me, take them. They know the good stuff. (I went to a place they recommended for dinner and it was the best seafood I've had in ages.) You're a stone’s throw from everything. It’s perfect because you can explore the town for lunch and dinner and then collapse back into your cozy room. Perfect!
What is there actually *to do* in Edmond, besides, you know, stare at a pretty house?
Okay, okay, valid point. Edmond is NOT Vegas. But it’s got charm! The Inn's close to shops and restaurants, and the historic downtown is adorable. You can wander around, browse, and pretend you're a local for a bit. One day I just had a long, lazy afternoon, reading in a little cafe with a latte. Bliss. If you're into nature, there are parks and trails nearby. More adventurous types can do day trips to Seattle, of course. It depends what you are looking for. I was looking for some serious downtime...and I got it!
Okay, so the big question: Would you actually go back? And why?
Ugh, yes. Absolutely yes. Without a doubt. For several reasons, okay? Firstly, that FREAKING FRENCH TOAST! Secondly, the overall vibe. It’s a real escape from the daily grind. It's a place where you can just… be. I went by myself and, truly, felt completely comfortable. No pressure to be 'on' or to perform. The staff were lovely, friendly but not intrusive. It's one of those experiences you don't want to end, it's *memory-worthy*. I'm already planning my return. I might even start a petition to get that French toast recipe.