Unbelievable French Chateau: Domaine de Trevety Awaits!
Domaine de Trevety? Oh. My. God. (A Really Honest Review)
Okay, let’s get one thing straight: I'm not usually a chateau person. I'm more of a "hostel with questionable plumbing" type of traveler. But Domaine de Trevety? That name alone whispers of something… different. And trust me, it is. Here's the lowdown, from a slightly jaded, but ultimately enchanted, traveler. Buckle up, this is gonna be a long ride.
Accessibility (and the inevitable small talk about legwork):
Right, so, accessibility. This is important. And… it's a mixed bag. The website says "facilities for disabled guests." But, let's be real, fancy historical buildings rarely scream wheelchair-friendly. I saw an elevator (yay!), but navigating the gravel pathways… well, it looked like a workout. So, call ahead, definitely call ahead. They'll be honest with you.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - My Weakness:
This is where Domaine de Trevety really shines. Forget counting calories, this is about living.
- The Buffet: Honestly? Decent. Not the best I've ever had, but the croissants were dangerously good, especially dipped in the coffee they have in the restaurant. They offer both Western and Asian breakfast, however, I only tried the Western one, although, I saw a few guests were enjoying the Asian cuisine.
- A la Carte in the Restaurant: Sigh. That steak. Seriously, melt-in-your-mouth. They’ve got international cuisine going on, with a healthy dose of French charm. The salad was surprisingly good too, which is crucial when you're inhaling carbs and desserts.
- Poolside Bar: Perfect. Slap on some sunscreen, grab a bottle of water (or something stronger), and watch the world go by. Happy hour? Absolutely.
- Snack Bar: Needed it. Because of the food.
- Coffee Shop: For getting some coffee.
- Room Service: 24-hour. You can order a cake in the middle of the night if you really feel the need.
The Cleanliness and Safety - My Neurotic Obsession:
Okay, I’m a bit of a germaphobe. Judge me. But in these times? Domaine de Trevety does well.
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Check.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas? Check.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Honestly, made me feel so much better.
- Safe dining setup? Yes, very well designed.
- Staff trained in safety protocol? Definitely. They were masked, distanced, and on point.
- Cashless payment service: Huge plus. Less touching, more eating.
- Individually-wrapped food options: They thought of everything!
For the Kids/Family Friendly - My Observation: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal
- I didn't see any Kids, but who knows? There a lot of thing a kid could do to have some fun. I think it's a nice place for families
Things to Do, Ways to Relax - The Good Stuff:
Right, you're at a chateau. Time to relax.
- The Spa…Oh. My. God. Again. I got a massage. And I’m still dreaming of it. It was that good. They have a sauna, a steamroom, a spa/sauna area, and a pool with a view. Just… yes. You need this in your life.
- Swimming pool: Outdoor swimming pool – yes. It’s stunning.
- Fitness center: Not a gym bunny but it was there.
- Body Treatments: Never had one… but they were there.
- Terrace: Perfect for… you guessed it… more eating and drinking.
Rooms? The "Living the Dream" Part:
Okay, so the rooms. They're what you expect. Beautifully decorated, well-appointed.
- The View: Get a room with a view. Seriously, wake up to rolling hills and… you’ll get it.
- The Extras: Bathrobes, slippers, coffee/tea maker… the little things that make life better.
- Air conditioning? Yes. Essential.
- Internet? Surprisingly good. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms. And Internet [LAN] if you’re into that.
- Wake-up service? Yes. But honestly, I set my own alarm. I felt like I was living in a movie!
Services and Conveniences - The Extra Mile:
- Concierge: Helpful, charming, and made restaurant reservations for me (essential).
- Daily housekeeping: Always a treat.
- Laundry/dry cleaning: Because, let's face it, packing light never actually happens.
- Business facilities: If you must work, there's a business center and meetings facilities.
- Luggage storage: A lifesaver before and after.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Valet parking? Plenty of parking.
Getting Around - "I'm a Taxi Person":
- Airport transfer? Yes. Book it.
- Taxi service: Available, but you're in a chateau, so you should be taking advantage of the amenities of the place.
- Car park [on-site].
Access, Security, Safety - (Safety!):
- CCTV in common areas.
- Security [24-hour].
- Smoke alarms.
- Fire extinguisher and Check-in/out [express], are available.
What Wasn't Perfect… Because Nothing Is:
- Pets? They didn't seem to be allowed, so I did not bring mine.
- Accessibility: This is the main issue. Make sure you clarify your requirements before booking.
- The Price: It’s not cheap. But, it's worth it. Really.
The Verdict: Book This Damn Place!
Look, I’m not going to lie. Domaine de Trevety is a vibe. It’s a little bit of magic, a big dollop of luxury, and a whole lot of relaxation. It's messy, it's wonderful, and it's the perfect escape.
Here's the Deal - My Personal Offer:
Book your stay at Domaine de Trevety NOW through this link (or whatever the link is!) and I’ll personally recommend my favourite dessert at the restaurant when you arrive. (It involves chocolate. Just trust me.). PLUS, you’ll get a 10% discount on your first spa treatment!
Why book NOW? Because you deserve a break. Because you deserve to feel pampered. Because you deserve to eat that steak. Don't wait, you deserve it!
Kaohsiung Ocean Views: Luxurious Sanduo MRT Rental - 85 Sky Tower!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's pristine travel itinerary. We're going to France! Specifically, the Gite Domaine de Trevety in Saint-Aignan. Consider this less a schedule and more a… vibes list, a collection of potential experiences with the occasional logistical nugget tossed in to keep us from completely losing it.
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread (Mixed with Brie)
Morning (ish): The flight. Oh, the flight. Let's just say I'm not a fan of airports. The sheer volume of humanity is overwhelming. The tiny seats feel designed to punish anyone over 5'5". But hey, we made it! Landed. Breathe.
Afternoon: Pick up the rental car. Pray to the car gods it's not a death trap. (Side note: French roundabouts. They terrify me. They're like angry, spinning metal spiders.) The drive to Saint-Aignan. I swear I saw a field of sunflowers wink at me. Either that or I'm already delirious.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Arrive at the Gite Domaine de Trevety! Unpack. Assess the damage (to my sanity and the contents of my suitcase). Okay, the gite is beautiful. Seriously. Stone walls, a fireplace, and a view that makes you want to weep with joy (and maybe a little bit of “what have I done with my life” type of weep).
Evening of cheese and wine: Open the Brie. Pop the cork on that bottle of Sancerre I so meticulously packed (because priorities). Sit on the patio. Stare at the stars. Wonder if the farmer next door will think I'm a weirdo for eating cheese at 10 pm. Decide I don't care. This is what freedom tastes like, people. This is the good life.
Day 2: Chambord… And a Meltdown Over a Croissant
Morning: Chambord! The Château. Okay, so it's big. REALLY big. Like, "holy moly, Francis I had a serious ego" big. Wandering around, I keep picturing the sheer number of people who died building this place. Mood: a little melancholic. The architecture is stunning, though. I think I got a crick in my neck from staring up at all the turrets.
Mid-Morning: A crisis. The. Croissant. A perfectly acceptable croissant, mind you, but I've built this whole French bakery experience up in my head, and this croissant just… wasn’t it. I am a drama queen, I realize. I'm suddenly mourning the flaky, buttery perfection I thought I'd find. Consider throwing the croissant into a fountain in dramatic protest, but common sense prevails.
Lunch: Okay, breathe. Find a little café. Savor a pain au chocolat that actually delivers the goods. Salvation! French pastry is still the way to my heart.
Afternoon: More castle-y stuff. Maybe Chenonceau? Or, more realistically, a long nap in the gite. One of the two.
Evening: Trying to cook something French in the gite kitchen. Mostly succeeding. Mostly also setting off the smoke alarm. Find a local market for supplies and make a mess of the place. It's all part of the fun, right?
Day 3: The Loire Valley… and a Near-Death Experience Involving a Goat
Morning: Waking up with a headache and a fuzzy sense of the previous night's wine choices. Ah, the joys of travel!
Mid-Morning: Deciding to explore the Loire Valley. The picturesque villages. The gentle breeze. The goats.
Afternoon: The goat incident. We stumbled upon a charming farm and decided to be adventurous, but those goats! I swear one of them looked like it was plotting my demise. Okay, maybe I overreacted. Maybe it was just a particularly enthusiastic goat. Still, a memory I won't easily forget.
Evening: Finding a little restaurant, the most authentic place i could find. Speaking in broken French, and somehow managing to order an entire goat dinner and I'm pretty sure to the chagrin of all the French people. But hey, the food was brilliant, and the wine was flowing… even if the goat incident made me slightly wary of all farm animals.
Day 4: Saint-Aignan and a Deep Dive into… Nothing
Morning: Explore Saint-Aignan! Walk in the market, buy some cheese, fresh bread. Stroll by the Château de Saint-Aignan for a little look.
Afternoon: Nothing. Pure, unadulterated nothing. Reading a book in the garden. Napping under a tree. Listening to the crickets chirp. This is what it's all about.
Evening: Another cheese and wine-fueled patio session. Contemplating life. Maybe writing a letter to my future self, telling her to remember this moment.
Day 5: The Last Day, and the looming Dread of Reality
Morning: A final breakfast of croissants, perhaps the perfect croissant found in the local bakery this time. (Keeping optimistic!)
Mid-Morning: A last stroll through the village, buying souvenirs. Saying goodbye to the shopkeepers. Maybe sneak one last cheese and wine.
Afternoon: Packing. The dreaded packing. The realization that this incredible escape is about to end. Trying to stay positive, but a melancholy cloud is gathering.
Evening: One last magical moment, looking at the stars. Saying goodnight to my soul. Enjoying the last moments and promising to return to this haven one day.