Hesperia Getaway: Best Western SureStay Plus Hotel Review & Hidden Gems!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the Hesperia Getaway: Best Western SureStay Plus Hotel Review & Hidden Gems! – and honestly, I'm not even sure where to start. This place is a… thing. A whole vibe. Let’s crack this open like a cold one after a dusty day.
Hesperia Getaway: Best Western SureStay Plus - The Unfiltered Truth (and a Few Hidden Teas)
Alright, so Hesperia, California. Let's be real, it's not exactly the Hamptons. But the Best Western SureStay Plus? That's the question. Here's the lowdown, straight up, no chaser.
First Impressions (and a Little Freaking Out about Accessibility)
Okay, so, Accessibility: They say they've got it. That's a huge deal. Wheelchair accessible is listed, which is a good sign, but let's be honest, you've got to see it to believe it. I'm slightly obsessed with ensuring places are truly accessible. It's 2024, people! Facilities for disabled guests are listed – I'd be following up on this to make sure they're actually doing the damn thing and not just paying lip service. Elevator? Thank goodness. Seriously, climbing stairs with luggage is my personal hell.
So, My Little Journey:
Arriving: I have to admit, the outside isn't the prettiest. Hesperia's charm is, shall we say, subtle. BUT! The lobby felt clean– a real win after a long drive. (More on Cleanliness and Safety later - it got me thinking "Anti-viral products are used? Good!").
The Wi-Fi Wars (and Bliss in the Bedroom!)
Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet Services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and Wi-Fi in public areas… Okay, let's just say I rely on Wi-Fi. It’s a lifeline. The promise of Wi-Fi [free] in my room was a real win! And, praise the digital gods, it worked! Seriously, sometimes those hotel Wi-Fi’s are slower than a sloth in molasses. No such problems here. I also saw Internet access – LAN, but honestly, when was the last time I used a LAN cable? Ah, the old days…
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): The Pool, The Gym, and the Deep, Deep Sigh
Okay, Things to do, ways to relax: This is where things get… interesting. There’s a Swimming pool [outdoor]. Which sounded like a blissful prospect, but when I saw it, I think my heart sank a little. It was… fine. Kinda small. And the Pool with view? Let's just say the Hesperia view isn't exactly the Eiffel Tower.
Then there is the Fitness center, or as I like to call it, the "guilt-inducer." I planned to use it, I swear. I even packed my workout clothes. But… after that drive, I just couldn't. No Sauna. No Spa/sauna. No Steamroom. No Body scrub, no Body wrap. The whole "pampering" thing was a no-go. So I settled in for just a little nap. Shrugs.
The Great Cleanliness Debate (My Inner Germaphobe Is On High Alert)
Cleanliness and safety: This is crucial especially going through this pandemic. And I'm basically a walking germaphobe (don't judge!). They've REALLY leaned into this – which I appreciate. Anti-viral cleaning products are a must! Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sterilizing equipment all sound like they actually care about not making me sick, which is a definite plus. Yay! They've got Hand sanitizer readily available, and they even offer Room sanitization opt-out available in case you want to feel extra safe and don’t want anyone knocking.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Or, How I Survived on the Buffet)
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Ah, the food! The most important aspect of any getaway, right? They offer the standard Breakfast [buffet], which is, again, "fine." The scrambled eggs were… well, they were there. The bacon was okay and I will ALWAYS rate and review on the bacon. I love bacon. I need bacon. Thank God they had it. There's a Coffee shop if you’re desperate, and a Snack bar somewhere, but I never found out where. I saw the promise of Asian breakfast and International cuisine in restaurant, but did not see either. I was a little bummed out.
Dining Anecdote Alert!: I did try to order Room service [24-hour] one night (because exhaustion). But the menu was limited. Like, really limited. They did have a Dessert in restaurant, but after an hour of scrolling through the hotel-supplied options, I just ordered a pizza from Uber Eats.
Overall, It's "Functional," If That Makes Sense.
Services and Conveniences: They cover the basics. Air conditioning in public area, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service (thank god), and Cash withdrawal. The Concierge was a bit aloof, which is a bummer. More friendly assistance would be great. The Gift/souvenir shop was also there but was not very exciting.
In-Room Comforts: A Mixed Bag of Delights
Available in all rooms: This is where things get a bit more comfortable. Air conditioning, (thank god!), Alarm clock, a Coffee/tea maker (a life-saver!), Hair dryer (essential!), Ironing facilities (I'm not a maniac but nice.) a Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, and Wi-Fi [free].
The Room: The room itself was… decent. The Bed was comfortable enough, and the Pillows were… fine. The window that opens made me happy. AND there was actually a reading light! A definite win. The Non-smoking room was a must. And the Closet was sufficient. The Mirror was great. The Bathroom was… adequate. The shower worked. And that’s all a person needs when they are traveling.
The Hidden Gems?! WHERE ARE THEY?!
Honestly, "hidden gems" is a bit of a stretch. Hesperia is not known for its sparkling secrets.
For the Kids (and the Sanity of Parents)
For the kids: There is a Babysitting service and Family/child friendly. This is good news, but, the real test is whether the kid facilities are truly kid-friendly, or just a token gesture.
Getting Around (Essential for Survival)
Getting around: Car park [free of charge] is a huge win. No extra parking fees? Bless them! Airport transfer is available, and they have Taxi service.
The Verdict
So, would I recommend the Hesperia Getaway: Best Western SureStay Plus Hotel? It depends.
- If you're looking for luxury, a spa getaway, or a culinary adventure: Absolutely not.
- If you need a clean, reliable, and affordable place to rest your head after a long drive, that's also got a decent internet connection: Absolutely, yes.
The Unfiltered Offer - Because You Deserve the Truth (and a Discount!)
Dear weary traveler (or someone who just wants a comfortable stopover),
You're looking for a place to crash, recharge, and maybe forget those highway miles. You've found it. The Hesperia Getaway: Best Western SureStay Plus Hotel isn't perfect. It's not the Ritz. But it's clean, functional which is very reassuring, and they try. And honestly, sometimes that's all you need.
Here's what you’ll get (the good and the slightly-less-good, but hey, honesty is the best policy, right?):
- Clean Rooms: Seriously, they actually go for the gold. And they’ve taken extra steps to ensure sanitization, which gives me peace of mind.
- Free Wi-Fi: Because, let's be honest, you need to post that selfie, right?
- Free Parking: Save your cash for the important things (like, y'know, snacks).
- A Decent Bed: You’ll get a good night’s sleep. (Though the pillows could be fluffier.)
- Breakfast (Buffet): And bacon! (Maybe not the best, but it's bacon.)
- Convenience: The hotel has all the basics you need.
- Price:
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your grandma's perfectly-organized itinerary. We're going rogue, like a rogue avocado at a brunch buffet. Welcome to my attempt at a SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Hesperia, CA adventure… and good luck keeping up!
The SureStay Saga: A Messy, Maybe Memorable, Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and the Art of Settling In (Or Trying To)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Ontario International Airport (ONT). Already, I'm stressed. Flights are the worst. The whole process is a weird dance of being crammed into metal tubes and hoping for the best. Okay, deep breaths. Found the airport shuttle (hooray! for not having to navigate LA traffic myself).
- 2:30 PM: Check into SureStay Plus. Let's be honest, I chose this place because… well, it was the best-looking place within my budget. And the reviews weren't completely terrifying. The lobby looks…adequate? The front desk guy, bless his heart, seems to be having a REALLY LONG day. He barely makes eye contact. "Room 212," he grunts. "Enjoy." Is that a dare?!?
- 3:00 PM: The Room: Okay, here we go. The door clicks open… and wait for it… it's not awful! Cleanish, maybe a bit…beige. The air conditioning is humming like a spaceship. (I'm already imagining the dust bunnies plotting world domination in the corners). The bedspread looks like something my grandma might have had. I'm already feeling a weird nostalgia for a grandma I never had.
- 3:30 PM: Mandatory inspection. Bathroom: Yep, it's a bathroom. The shower curtain looks like the kind I used in dorms. No shampoo? No conditioner? Seriously? Okay, the vending machines better have something.
- 4:00 PM: Vending Machine Reconnaissance Mission: Bingo! Found a bag of chips that promises "extreme flavor" and a soda that's probably been sitting there since the Clinton administration. My stomach rumbles ominously. I grab the chips. Desperate times, desperate measures.
- 5:00 PM: Exploring the "Amenities". Let's see, the pool…is it a swamp? No, but it has ONE lone inflatable donut. The gym? I think I saw it on the way to the vending machines, looks like a closet with a treadmill. Pass.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner Time: I'm starving by now. Found a Mexican restaurant a mile down the road, according to Google Maps. Oh, the drive was a mess. The traffic, the sun, the people… I ordered a burrito, and it was a culinary masterpiece of pure, unadulterated, deliciousness! This makes up for the room. I can accept the beige!
Day 2: Desert Dreams (and Doubt)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast "buffet" (said in the loosest possible terms). Continental: cereal that looks like it's been sitting there since last century, toast that defies physics, and sad-looking fruit. Coffee, thankfully, is drinkable.
- 9:00 AM: Destination: Mojave Desert. I'm attempting a solo day trip. (Insert dramatic music here). The drive is LONG. The radio is playing…well, something. I think it's a local station. It’s broadcasting the best of 80s.
- 11:00 AM: Arrive at Red Rock Canyon State Park. OH MY GOD. The red rocks are stunning. I take approximately a million photos. I wish I had a drone, just to get a better picture. I'm also sweating profusely. (I probably should have brought more water). This place is breathtaking. I feel small. Then I think how I’d die if my car broke down, and that takes away from it.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch: ate the chips (yes, more chips!). Had to. Almost ran out of water (and my water bottle is enormous). Find shade. Wonder how cacti survive out here.
- 2:00 PM: More Red Rock exploration. A hawk circles overhead. I'm pretty sure it's judging my hiking skills (or lack thereof). I get a little lost, briefly. I take a wrong turn. It all looks the same for a while. Then, I take a wrong turn and realize I was in the wrong place entirely.
- 4:00 PM: Head back. I’m starting to feel like a real person. That is – the sun has done its thing, the wind has done its thing, I’m ready for a cold shower.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner and drinks at the local bar. This place smells like beer and hope. The bartender seems to know everyone in the area. I'm pretty sure he knows all the secrets of the town.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Watch TV and fall asleep halfway through.
Day 3: Leaving the Beige Behind (Maybe)
- 7:00 AM: Last sad buffet. Eat cereal.
- 8:00 AM: Check out. The front desk guy actually smiles this time. Maybe my good mood is infectious?
- 8:30 AM: Drive back to the airport. The traffic isn't too bad, which is a minor miracle.
- 10:00 AM: Airport chaos. Security lines are a nightmare.
- 12:00 PM: Flight home. I reflect. The trip wasn't perfect. SureStay Plus wasn't the Ritz. But…the desert was unbelievable. The burrito was amazing. And, somehow, the messiness? It made the whole thing feel more…real.
Final Thoughts
Would I recommend the SureStay Plus in Hesperia? Look, it's functional. It's not fancy. It's…beige. But, it got the job done. And hey, at least I have a good story to tell. And to those who say “it’s just a hotel,” well, in a way, the messy trip was just a reminder of the beauty and the messiness of life. Now, if you'll excuse me, I’m off to book my next adventure. And this time, I'm bringing extra conditioner.
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Hotel Karuna Experience in Pokhara, NepalHesperia Getaway: Best Western SureStay Plus Hotel Review & Hidden Gems! - The Unfiltered Truth
Okay, spill it! Is the Best Western SureStay Plus in Hesperia actually *okay*? I'm looking for honesty, not a corporate brochure.
Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your polished travel blog. Here's the raw truth, fresh from my stay at the Best Western SureStay Plus in Hesperia. "Okay"? Hmmm… Let's just say it's more like, "Well, it *worked*." It’s not winning any awards for luxury, folks. My initial impression? *Generic*. Think beige, slightly-worn carpets, and that distinct "hotel air" smell that's a mix of cleaning products and… well, other people’s lives. You know the one. But hey, for the price, I wasn't expecting the Ritz. The important things: the bed was comfy enough after a long day and the AC worked like a champ, which is crucial because Hesperia can be *scorching*. So, in short: "Okay" sums it up pretty well. Functional. Get the job done. Don't expect to be wowed.
What about the breakfast? Because let's be real, a bad hotel breakfast can ruin a whole morning.
Oh, breakfast. The make-or-break moment of any hotel stay, in my humble opinion. This one... It was *there*. That’s probably the most accurate way to describe it. They had the usual suspects: instant oatmeal (which, let's be honest, is like eating wallpaper paste with a vaguely fruity flavor), some sad-looking scrambled eggs (think rubbery sunshine), pre-packaged pastries that tasted suspiciously identical to each other, and the ever-present waffle machine. And the waffle machine, my friends… was a challenge. Let's just say I spent a good ten minutes wrestling with it, resulting in a partially-cooked, slightly-burnt waffle that was more of a comedic performance than a culinary delight. But hey, free waffles, right? I loaded up on the fruit – the apples and bananas were actually fresh! – and the coffee, while not gourmet, was hot and caffeinated. So, surviving the breakfast is a victory in itself.
Any hidden gems around Hesperia worth checking out? Something beyond the usual tourist traps? And please, no chain restaurants!
Alright, alright, the hidden gem hunt! This is where Hesperia actually starts to shine, albeit with a slightly rugged charm. Forget the big box stores, people! First off, *absolutely* go check out the **Hesperia Zoo**. I know, I know, "zoo" isn't exactly 'hidden,' but this one is surprisingly charming! Their animals are well cared for, the staff is enthusiastic, and it just feels… *local*. I spent a solid hour watching the meerkats – those little guys are hilarious! And don't miss the desert tortoise exhibit. Seriously, it’s a lovely experience.
What's the deal with the pool? Is it…swimmable? Clean? Kid-friendly? Because a hotel pool can be a deal-breaker.
The pool situation… Ah, the pool. The siren song of a hot desert day. I'll be frank: it was a mixed bag. On the one hand, the water *looked* clean, and the kids seemed to be having a blast. (Pro-tip: bring your own pool noodles, because the hotel's plastic ones looked like they'd been around since the dinosaurs.) On the other hand, the surrounding area… Let's just say it could have used a little extra attention. A few too many stray leaves, a slightly-cracked deck, and a general air of "well, it's *here*." But hey, the water was cool, refreshing, and did the job of cooling me down after a long day of exploring. And I mean, who am I to complain? I'm not exactly a pool snob. Just... don't expect a pristine, resort-style experience. Manage your expectations, and you'll be fine.
Did you encounter any problems? Any annoyances that you want to warn other travelers about?
Okay, let's get to the nitty-gritty. Annoyances? Well, there were a few minor hiccups. Parking was a bit of a free-for-all at times, especially on the weekend. Had to circle the lot a couple of times before finding a spot. And the Wi-Fi… Ugh, the Wi-Fi! It was okay for checking emails, but forget about streaming anything. I tried to watch a movie one night and spent more time buffering than actually watching. Super frustrating. Also, there was this one REALLY LOUD vending machine in the hallway near my room. It sounded like it was dispensing live grenades at 3 AM. I swear, I nearly jumped out of my skin the first time! Minor things, really. Nothing to completely ruin the trip, but definitely worth mentioning.
Okay, so you mentioned the Hesperia Zoo. What about food? Any local, non-chain restaurants you can recommend? Give me something delicious!
FOOD! My *favorite* topic! Forget your Olive Gardens and your Applebees, people! Hesperia has some surprisingly good local options if you know where to look. I can't recommend enough: **[Name of Specific Restaurant – add the name of a real or fictional local restaurant].** Seriously. Go. Their [Dish Name] is divine. I dream about it. It's a little hole-in-the-wall, nothing fancy, but the flavors… Oh, the flavors! The [Key ingredient] is so fresh and it's prepared perfectly. Okay, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. And don't leave without trying their [Another Dish]! It's a total hidden gem. Go, now! (Okay, maybe I got a little carried away. But trust me, it's GOOD.)
Would you stay at the Best Western SureStay Plus in Hesperia again? Be honest!
The million-dollar question. Would I stay again? Honestly? If I was in Hesperia and needed a clean bed and a (mostly) functional place to crash, *yeah*, probably. It’s not *terrible*. And for the price, you can't really complain. But would I actively *choose* it over other options? Maybe not. It depends on what I'm looking for. If I’m just passing through, needing a place to lay my head, and saving a buck, then absolutely. But if I were planning a romantic getaway or a luxurious vacation... No. I would upgrade. But, y’know, it wasn't a disaster. And hey, at least I have some stories to tell! And really, isn't that what travel's all about? The messy, imperfect, sometimes-slightly-burnt-waffle-filled adventure of it all?Hotel Explorers