Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Miyajima Views from Your Hiroshima Resort

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Miyajima Views from Your Hiroshima Resort

Escape to Paradise: Miyajima Views That Might Actually Make You Cry (in a Good Way) - A Brutally Honest Review

Okay, listen up, fellow travelers! I've just clawed my way back from the "Escape to Paradise" resort near Hiroshima, and I'm still reeling. "Paradise" might be a slight exaggeration – let's be real, life is rarely a perfectly curated Instagram filter – but those Miyajima views? Yeah, those are damn close to a religious experience. But before you whip out your credit card, let's get messy, shall we? This review is gonna be real, warts and all.

First Impressions: The Arrival (and the Slight Panic About Accessibility)

Getting there was…an adventure. We opted for an airport transfer (which, honestly, I'd recommend – especially with potential jet lag). Airport transfer is a lifesaver. They handled the luggage, which, after a long flight, is a huge win.

The resort itself is…well, it's bigger than your average B&B. Finding the right entrance was more like a quest. Now, the official line says "Facilities for disabled guests" are available. I didn't personally need them, but I poked around a bit. The elevator is a must-have, and they did have facilities for disabled guests, but I'd suggest calling ahead and doing a thorough check if accessibility is a top priority. Don't just take my word for it!

The Room: My Quiet Panic Room (with a View…Eventually)

We snagged a room with the promised Miyajima view, and wowza. Honestly, the view alone almost made me forget the (admittedly minor) struggle of finding the place. Waking up to the iconic torii gate jutting out of the water? Pure, unadulterated magic. Forget the alarm clock; the sunrise is enough to yank you out of slumber.

The room itself was… functional. Clean, with those essential amenities you expect like air conditioning, coffee/tea maker, free Wi-Fi (in all rooms! Praise be!), and a mini bar. The bed was comfy. The blackout curtains are your best friend, especially after a day of sightseeing. I’m a sucker for bathrobes and slippers. Little things like these make the stay very pleasant.

Now, the Internet access was a bit of a mixed bag. They Wi-Fi [free] was generally fine, but for serious work, I'd recommend using their Internet access – LAN. And if I'm being picky – and I am – some of the décor felt a little…dated. A few more power outlets near the bed would have been appreciated. And the interconnecting room(s) available could be a blessing or a curse depending on your family. Overall, the room was good. Not perfect, but the view… the view made up for a LOT.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Menu Mishap)

Okay, the food situation deserves its own chapter. The Asian breakfast was delicious. A steaming bowl of miso soup, flavorful grilled fish. The buffet in restaurant was a decent offering of both Western and Asian cuisine, and I am glad the vegetarian restaurant was a thing!

We also tried the a la carte in restaurant, which was a little hit-or-miss. One night, the Japanese curry was sublime; the next, the tempura was a bit soggy. The restaurants definitely offer variety. The coffee/tea in restaurant was average for the most part, and a much needed refreshment after a long day of walking. There’s a snack bar too. And the poolside bar? Perfect for a sunset cocktail, even if the cocktails themselves were a bit pricey..

Room service? Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver after a long day of exploring. Just remember to double-check your order. I'm not saying I ordered a salad and got a plate of fries, but… well, let's just say it happened.

Ways to Relax: Spa-tacular or Snooze-Worthy?

This is where the "Paradise" claim gets serious. The spa is amazing. Like, truly amazing. I succumbed to a massage AND a body scrub, and I almost ascended to nirvana. The Sauna and steamroom? Perfect for detoxing after a few too many cocktails. The pool with view is incredible, and the swimming pool [outdoor] is a great spot to unwind.

I did miss the gym, I didn't have the wherewithal to work out. The Body wrap? I didn't try it but heard good things.

Things to Do: Miyajima Mania and Beyond

Obviously, Miyajima is the star of the show. You must see the Itsukushima Shrine's torii gate at high tide and low tide. It's breathtaking in both situations. Explore the island, hike, and soak in the atmosphere. The shrine itself is a must-see.

The resort is also great at providing useful information. They have meeting/banquet facilities, business facilities.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic-Era Peace of Mind

They take hygiene seriously. Hand sanitizer is everywhere, and the staff are wearing masks. They have Daily disinfection in common areas, Anti-viral cleaning products, and Rooms sanitized between stays. It felt safe. They have all kinds of little things to keep the guests safe like Smoke alarms, Safety/security feature, First aid kit.

The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Unforgettable Moments

Okay, let's be real: this isn't a perfectly flawless resort. The check-in process was efficient. The check-in/out [private] option is very convenient. On the first day, the pressure in the shower was a little low. (I later learned to crank every knob to the max). But the staff, bless their hearts, were always helpful and accommodating.

But those moments? That view at sunrise? That perfect massage? Those are the things you remember. That's the stuff that makes you forget the minor inconveniences. I’m still smiling thinking about it all.

The Offer: Your Escape to Hiroshima's Hidden Gem

So, here's the deal: "Escape to Paradise" isn't just a place to stay; it's a chance to recharge and reconnect with the magic of Japan. You get:

  • Incredible Miyajima Views: Wake up to the sunrise over the iconic torii gate. Trust me; it's worth it.
  • Spa Bliss: Melt away your stress.
  • Delicious Food: From authentic Japanese breakfasts to poolside cocktails.
  • Convenient Location: Explore Hiroshima easily.

Book Your Escape Today!

Click here to book your escape now! Don't wait! The view, the spa, and the chance to experience something truly special are waiting for you. This is a chance to create memories. Don't miss out.

Escape to Paradise: Comfort Suites Lake City Awaits!

Book Now

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Okay, here's a gloriously messy, opinionated, and utterly human travel itinerary for a stay at the Global Resort Miyajima View in Hiroshima, Japan. Buckle up, buttercups, because this is going to be a ride:

Trip: Hiroshima, Japan - Global Resort Disaster (Just Kidding…Mostly)

Duration: 5 Days (and nights, because sleep is crucial…sometimes)

Theme: Serenity, Squirrels, and the Constant Quest for the Perfect Cup of Coffee.

Day 1: Arrival and Initial Panic (and the Promise of a View!)

  • Morning (7:00 AM): Arrived at Hiroshima Airport. Already feeling that airport-induced existential dread. Border control? Fine. Finding the right bus to take out of the airport? Let the games begin.
  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM): Bus to the ferry terminal. Managed to purchase tickets without causing a complete international incident. Proud moment. The bus driver seemed surprisingly unfazed by my frantic attempts to speak Japanese, which should go down as a major moral victory.
  • Late Morning (10:30 AM): The ferry to Miyajima Island – Wow. Just WOW. The iconic torii gate rising from the water? Stunning. I swear I teared up a little. And then I remembered I hadn't had coffee. Panic level: Rising.
  • Lunch (12:30 PM): Checked into the Global Resort Miyajima View. Room: A bit…dated. The view from the balcony? Absolutely breathtaking. I could actually see the torii gate. Immediately forgave the slightly beige aesthetic. Ate a bento box on the balcony, and immediately felt like I had to be respectful of the delicious food and beauty that was in front of me.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Miyajima Island Exploration. This is where things got interesting! First, the deer. Adorable, majestic deer. Then, an incredibly pushy deer nearly stole my map. That was, uh, not ideal. Also, I had to figure out where I was in the town.
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Hiked to the top of Mount Misen. This was a mission. The cable car option was tempting, but, you know, "doing it the hard way" sounded better. The hike was gruelling. The view from the top? Worth every aching muscle. I felt a sense of accomplishment and a deep appreciation for gravity.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the resort restaurant. This was the first big experience. I thought the food was great and I had a great conversation with the waitstaff about the food.
  • Night (9:00 PM): Stargazing on the balcony. The sky was unbelievably clear. Contemplated the meaning of life…and the location of the leftover cookies. Also, I found out I had a new view of the torii gate that was incredible from the room.

Day 2: Temple Troubles (and Tremendous Tempura)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Attempted to find decent coffee. The resort's coffee machine was…challenging. Ended up using a coffee shop nearby, that had one of the best lattes I had ever had.
  • Mid-Morning (9:30 AM): Visit to Itsukushima Shrine. Gorgeous, but surprisingly crowded. Dodged selfie sticks and rogue toddlers. The atmosphere was still deeply spiritual, even with the throngs of people.
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM): Explored the backstreets of Miyajima. Found a tiny, family-run shop selling the most amazing grilled oysters. They were so good, I almost cried. Sat there eating them and just watching the water.
  • Lunch (1:00 PM): More Miyajima exploration. The second big experience of the trip. I dove deeper into the food scene, and decided on a place that was recommended for its tempura. The tempura experience truly made my trip. It wasn't just the food (though that was divine), it was the whole experience: the warmth of the staff, the quiet space, perfect. I could have stayed there all day.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Back to the resort for a nap. Needed to recharge. I'm not getting any younger, and these temples don't wander around themselves.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Another dinner at the resort. This time I went for the local cuisine with fish.
  • Night (8:00 PM): Watched the sunset over the Inland Sea from the balcony, and wondered if I should ever leave the resort.

Day 3: Peace Park Pilgrimage (and a Little Bit of Grief)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): More coffee. This time, I stumbled upon a little cafe with a barista who spoke fluent English. Coffee victory!
  • Mid-Morning (10:00 AM): Ferry back to Hiroshima. Prepare for a sobering day.
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM): Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Museum. This was a tough one. The museum, in particular, was emotionally draining. It's a place you need to visit, but be prepared to feel a whole range of difficult emotions. The sheer destruction, the unspeakable suffering…it's a lot to take in. Afterward, I walked around the park, trying to process everything.
  • Lunch (1:00 PM): Needed comfort food. Found a little okonomiyaki place near the park. The Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki was delicious, but I was way too emotional to really enjoy it at first.
  • Afternoon (2:30 PM): Rest of the day was spent wandering around near the Peace Park, trying to come to terms with what I had just seen.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Quiet dinner near the hotel.
  • Night (8:00 PM): Early night, trying to get some sleep.

Day 4: Return to Serenity (and the Quest for Souvenirs!)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Back on the ferry to Miyajima. Comfort food, day 2.
  • Mid-Morning (9:30 AM): Re-explored Miyajima. The deer were back, plotting, probably. But this time, I was ready. Knew to have that map far away.
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM): Souvenir shopping. Found some beautiful lacquerware and some ridiculously cute deer-themed trinkets. Maybe I was spending too much, but at least I had the money to do it!
  • Lunch (1:00 PM): Back at the tempura restaurant. Needed one last taste of perfection.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Relaxing at the resort. Spent the afternoon in the outdoor onsen. It was heavenly. Then, I spent most of the late afternoon on the balcony.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Farewell dinner at a restaurant, in Miyajima.
  • Night (9:00 PM): Packing. Sigh. This trip went by too quickly. Time to go home.

Day 5: Departure (and the Aftermath)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Final coffee (with extra sugar).
  • Mid-Morning (Bus to Hiroshima Airport.
  • Late Morning (Flight Home)

Random Observations & Ramblings:

  • The Japanese are ridiculously polite. Like, genuinely, wonderfully polite. I felt like I was constantly apologizing for my very existence.
  • The squirrels on Miyajima are HUGE. And probably plotting world domination.
  • I had a lot of coffee. Too much coffee? Never.
  • I almost got lost, like, every day.
  • The sunsets were magical. Seriously.
  • The food was incredible. Everything, from the tempura to the oysters.
  • I really like deer.
  • I want to go back.

Imperfections:

  • My Japanese is terrible. But I tried!
  • I probably spent too much money.
  • I missed a few good photo opportunities because I was too busy staring at things.
  • I wish I had learned more about the history of the area.

Final Verdict:

Hiroshima and Miyajima Island? Absolutely worth it. The Global Resort Miyajima View? Pretty good, with breathtaking views. Just be prepared for some imperfect moments. I'll never forget it. In fact, even though I'm home, I still feel like I'm there. Which is what I want!

Now, where's that coffee?

Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne: Your Luxurious Eindhoven Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Okay, so, Miyajima Island. Is it *really* unbelievable? Because I've seen some Instagram filters that are straight-up lies...

Alright, listen. I'm not one for hyperbole, but... YES. Miyajima. Unbelievable. Okay, *mostly* unbelievable. Look, the Great Torii Gate... it's stunning. Even in the drizzle, when the fog is rolling in and you can barely see it, it’s got this *presence*. It’s like… a grumpy old god, silently judging your questionable life choices. And then the tide goes out, and you can walk right up to it! (Pro-tip: Wear good shoes. That sand is *rough* on the feet.) My first time? Total newbie mistake. Went during peak tourist season. Like, shoulder-to-shoulder, shuffling along. The *photo ops* were a warzone. But even then, the beauty punched through the crowds. Remember that feeling? Yep. Still worth it. However, second time around, off-peak season…pure magic. That's the real "unbelievable". You'll get your moments – trust me. Still, crowds are still there. You'll get used to it. Or embrace the chaos, your choice.

Is this Hiroshima resort actually a *resort*? Like, pool, cocktails, room service? Does my inner lazy person have a chance?

"Resort" can be a loaded word, right? Sometimes it means a sprawling complex with every amenity under the sun. Sometimes, it's just… a nice hotel. *This* one? Okay, it’s not the Maldives, alright? No swim-up bars (that I saw!), but listen – don't discount it. The "room service" was a bit… limited to be honest. The menu choices weren't exactly gourmet. One time, I ordered a burger at 10 pm after a loooong day of hiking, it was so-so at best, you know? More like an airport burger at the best. Definitely not a selling point. BUT! The *views* from my room were insane. Seriously, *insane*. Totally worth it, even if I had to sneak in my own snacks. Remember, that's the point of the resort, to allow you to relax, your standards may also fall along the lines of my experience. Embrace it.

What about the food? I'm a foodie. Can I survive on just rice and fish?

Okay, foodie. Deep breath. The food scene in Hiroshima is… *interesting*. The local specialties are decent. Oysters are, yes, wonderful, and Miyajima's known for its momiji manju (maple leaf-shaped cakes). Actually, I ate about a million of those. So, the food's not *bad*, but it's not a gourmet food tour, either. Be prepared for some… rustic charm. I made a major mistake on this trip. I forgot to look into proper food reviews and just went in blind expecting the best. That was my fault. One night I saw this fancy restaurant near the resort, expensive menu, very fancy decor... I thought I was in heaven... until the food came. The sushi was so so, the "premium wagyu" steak didn't taste like meat, it was rubbery. Yeah, the mistake was mine, I chose the wrong restaurant. Learn from my mistakes, PLEASE!

Those deer… are they cute or terrifying? I saw pictures.

The deer. Ah, the deer. They are… a *mixed bag*. On one hand, yes! They're adorable. Little Bambis, wandering around. They seem harmless, very friendly. Until they see you holding a snack. Then they're *predators*. Fierce, unrelenting, and utterly obsessed with anything edible. I saw one deer, this cheeky bugger, straight up *snatch* a map out of a tourist’s hand and start *eating it*. The guy was screaming, the deer was munching happily. Utter chaos. It was hilarious, but also… be warned! Keep your belongings close. And maybe don't bring any food out. Unless you want a furry, four-legged thief to ruin your vacation. Oh, and another thing, don't try to pet them. They're not super chill about that. They're wild animals, remember?

How do I get to Miyajima Island from the resort? Is it complicated?

Honestly? Not complicated. It involved some train travel. I'm not the best with public transport, I'II be real. Luckily, the train system is pretty straightforward to the Miyajimaguchi station. From there, you hop on a ferry, and BOOM! Island time. Even *I* managed it, so you'll be fine. The ferry itself is a nice little trip, great views of the island as you approach. The seagulls are keen to eat your snacks, so be careful with those, too. One tip? Get there EARLY. Seriously. Beat the crowds. I'm not a morning person, I HATE it, but I actually dragged myself out of bed one morning and it was totally worth it. To see the Torii Gate in the soft morning light without a bazillion tourists in the shot… priceless. Yes, mornings are usually cold, but you'll get used to it.

Anything I *absolutely* must do on Miyajima Island, besides stare at the gate?

Okay, besides the gate, because, come on, you *have* to see it. My top recommendations are: The Itsukushima Shrine itself (gorgeous, especially when the tide's in and it feels like it's floating), Hike up Mount Misen (amazing views, but be prepared for a climb! Not for the faint of heart… or for those who just ate a bunch of momiji manju. Like me.) And, of course, wander along the streets and eat everything you can find. You'll see a lot of shops, some great, some… well, for tourists. A lot of souvenirs. You'll be tempted. Don't buy the first thing you see, shop around. I'm not much of a hiker, but I had to see the mountain. The Ropeway, the cable cars were great, and the views from the top were spectacular. It was worth the climb. Then there the little temples and shrines up there. It was a great experience.

Is this a good trip for someone with kids? I’m picturing meltdowns…

Kids? Hmmm. Miyajima could be a hit or miss, really depends on your kids, and their general patience with crowds, walking, and… deer. The island itself is pretty safe, lots of space to run around, it's all outdoors stuff. The resort itself might not have much in terms of kids' activities. The pool is not a big draw. My personal experience? If your kids are easily bored, or prone to epic tantrums, this might require some strategic planning. Pack plenty of snacks, entertainment, and a very thick skin. The climb up Mount Misen is probably out, unless your kids are surprisingly enthusiastic hikers! The deer situation can be… unpredictable. I've seen kids delighted, and I've seen kids terrified. This trip is like the parents' dream to get away from the kids,Best Rest Finder

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan

Global Resort Miyajima View Hiroshima Hiroshima Japan