Rodeway Inn Waterford: Your Perfect CT Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of the Rodeway Inn Waterford, "Your Perfect CT Getaway Awaits!" Ooooh, ambitious, eh? Let's see if this promise holds water. Because let's be honest, sometimes a "getaway" involves less getaway and more… well, get-stuck-in-traffic-and-wonder-what-you-were-thinking! I'm going to be brutally honest here and try to capture the essence of a REAL experience, good, bad, and wonderfully weird.
The Rodeway Inn Waterford: My Soulful CT Sojourn… or Not?
First things first: WATERFORD! I had visions of shimmering coastline, quaint little shops, and… well, things that screamed coastal Connecticut. And hey, the Rodeway Inn is RIGHT THERE, smack dab in the middle of… life. It's not some secluded, fancy schmancy resort. It's a road-tripper's haven, a practical stopover, a place where you can crash and recharge.
Let’s Start with the Basics, (and the Accessibility Stuff, Because That's Important!)
Okay, okay, let's get the serious stuff out of the way. Accessibility is king and queen, right? From what I could see, Facilities for disabled guests are listed, and there's even an elevator. Wheelchair accessible is, thank goodness, a big check. Now, I didn't have a wheelchair with me, but I did mentally note the layout and, based on what I saw, it seemed promising. Definitely call ahead and SPECIFICALLY ask if you have accessibility needs. Don't just assume – always double-check.
Internet: My Digital Lifeline and the Wi-Fi War
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! The modern traveler's anthem. And, look, I'm not going to lie, the Wi-Fi was… okay. It wasn't lightning fast, but it was functional. Enough to stream my doom-scrolling and catch up on emails. And for anyone who's worked in a hotel with bad Wi-Fi, you know that's a gift from the digital gods. However, the "Internet [LAN]" listing felt a bit… antiquated. LAN cables? In this economy? But hey, I can’t fault them for catering to everyone.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Existential Dread of the Pandemic
Alright, this is where the Rodeway Inn really shined. They've got more safety measures than my local grocery store. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, ROOMS SANITIZED BETWEEN STAYS (THANK YOU, JESUS), hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff trained in safety protocol. (I saw them actually wiping EVERYTHING down.) It was actually reassuring. Especially since I'm a chronic germaphobe. The little "Room sanitization opt-out available" felt like a thoughtful touch, a nod to those who'd rather live in a bubble of their own germs. Bonus points for safe dining setup and sanitizing all the kitchen stuff.
Rooms, Glorious Rooms (and the Occasional Imperfection)
Okay, the moment of truth. My room… it was clean. Seriously, SPOTLESS. The bed? Comfortable enough. I passed out like a rock after a long drive. They have non-smoking rooms (thank the heavens!) and all the usual amenities, including air conditioning, a TV, a coffee/tea maker (essential), and a mini-bar (I think? Can never remember). I appreciated the blackout curtains, a MUST for a decent night's sleep. BUT, and there's always a but… the decor was a little… let’s call it “functional.” Think motel chic. And yes, the “extra long bed” was great for my tall friend.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Surviving the Road (in Your Belly)
Now, here's the tricky part. The Rodeway Inn doesn't have a fancy restaurant, but it lists a breakfast buffet. (Which, let me tell you, varies wildly in quality from hotel to hotel). No Asian cuisine here, but the convenience store provided the essentials. I saw the coffee shop, it's probably fine. But, for the most part, you’re on your own. I survived thanks to my travel snacks.
Things to Do/Ways to Relax (Or the Utter Lack Thereof, Honestly)
Okay, this is where the "Perfect CT Getaway" part gets a little… stretchy. There's a swimming pool [outdoor], which is a plus. Didn't get a chance to use it, but it looked pleasant enough. No spas, no saunas, none of the spa/sauna listed. The fitness center, according to my sources in the lobby, is a treadmill and some dumbbells. Again, it covers the basics, but don’t expect a luxurious experience.
Services and Conveniences: The Underrated Gems
Okay, here’s where Rodeway Inn shines on these basic amenities. 24-hour front desk – a lifesaver if you arrive late. Daily housekeeping – always a blessing. Cash withdrawal – always good to have, it may come handy. They've got luggage storage and even laundry service. These are the unsung heroes of a road trip, right?
For the Kids (and the Kid in You)
Family/child friendly is great to see. No babysitting, which is fine since this isn't a resort.
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (and a Car Park)
The Rodeway Inn has a car park [free of charge], which is a HUGE win. No need to pay for parking. Taxi service is listed, but let's face it, you’re gonna need a car in this part of Connecticut.
My Stream-of-Consciousness Conclusion
Look, the Rodeway Inn Waterford isn't the Ritz. It's not a luxury escape. It's a practical, clean, and safe place to crash after a long day of driving or sightseeing. It's a place to get a decent sleep. It's a place to recharge your phone and your batteries. It's a decent base camp for exploring Southeastern Connecticut, but don't expect a luxury resort experience.
My "Sell" - The Honest Pitch
Are you looking for a place to rest your weary head after sightseeing, visiting the local attractions, or just trying to get up north? Then, Rodeway Inn Waterford is probably just fine.
Rodeway Inn Waterford: Your No-Frills, Comfortable Basecamp for a Connecticut Adventure. Book Your Stay Today!
Make sure you book directly to see the best deals.
Hershey's Hidden Gem: Comfort Inn Pine Grove I-81 Review!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. Consider this less a polished schedule and more a frantic, caffeine-fueled whisper of what might happen at the Rodeway Inn Waterford – New London Waterford (CT), United States. Prepare for the inevitable: it’s gonna be…interesting.
The "We're Doing This, Right?" Rodeway Inn Ramble - Connecticut Edition
Day 1: Arrival, Realization, and the Quest for Decent Coffee
- 1:00 PM: Land. Or, more accurately, stumble out of the car after a godawful five-hour drive. (Traffic on I-95 is the true villain of this saga, I swear.) The Rodeway Inn, bless its slightly faded charm, looms ahead. It's…a Rodeway Inn. Let's be honest, the anticipation is already pretty low. But hey! Air conditioning, right? That's the dream.
- Anecdote: Pulled over at a rest stop on the way. Saw a guy wrestling a rogue balloon that was shaped like a giant hot dog. Connecticut, you are weird.
- 1:30 PM: Check-in. Pray for a room that doesn't smell like stale cigarettes and regret. Also, make friends (or at least a cordial nod) with the desk clerk, who hopefully isn't having a worse day than you are.
- 2:00 PM: Room assessment. Okay, alright. Not the worst. Bedspread pattern is…distinctive. Bathroom: clean-ish. Time to unpack and strategize. Where's the nearest coffee? The good coffee? This is a crisis.
- Quirky Observation: The TV. It's bigger than the bed. What is this, a time warp to the 90s? And is that HBO Max playing? The world has gone mad.
- 2:30 PM: Coffee mission. Found a Dunkin' Donuts. Survived. It's fuel. Need fuel.
- 3:00 PM: A brief attempt at "relaxing." Failed spectacularly. The stress of travel hasn't quite worn off, and finding where to have dinner is already on my mind.
Day 2: Ocean, Seafood, and the Siren Song of a Book
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. (Ideally. If not, it's a late start and all bets are off.) Breakfast: The complimentary continental. Let's hope for the best. (Hint: prepare for the worst.)
- 10:00 AM: Head to the beach, or at least the rocky coastline. This is Connecticut, so it's not the Caribbean. But sea air! Sun! Maybe even a seagull fight!
- Emotional Reaction: Exquisite relief when I finally see the water. I’ve been sitting in a car for what feels like a century. Breathe in the ocean air… and forget about the drive for a moment.
- 11:00 AM: Stroll. Absorb. Take pictures of the waves, because let's face it, it's Instagram fodder.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch - Seafood. Gotta do it. Research needed: where's the best lobster roll? The fried clams with the right amount of crunch? Is this a culinary adventure or a gut-busting disaster?
- Opinionated language: The locals are serious about seafood here. I’m starting to get the feeling I’m judged for what I choose to order.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The reading of a book. This is the core of my sanity. I'm in a bookstore, lost in the pages. Completely and unapologetically absorbed.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Maybe some local brewery action? Microbrews are the only way to handle this drive back.
Day 3: History, Hangovers, and the Long Goodbye
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. Or don't. Maybe hit snooze for the hundredth time. The clock is ticking, I am tired, and I want to just float away like a balloon.
- 10:00 AM: Explore anything of historical relevance. New London has a history, presumably. Find a museum thingy. Pretend to be cultured.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Fuel up before the final drive of dread.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: A final desperate attempt to unwind. Maybe another walk by the water.
- 3:00 PM: Pack. Face the reality of going home.
- Messier Structure: Wait, did I forget my charger? Where's my phone? Did I eat breakfast?
- 4:00 PM: Check out. Say goodbye to the questionable comfort of the Rodeway Inn.
- 4:30 PM: Head home.
- 6:00/7:00 PM: Stop to eat again. I'll probably pick at a weird greasy place, but hey! I'm making memories.
- ? PM: Arrive home. Unpack. Collapse on the couch. Vow to never drive again.
Doubling Down on the Reading Experience (Let's Get Real)
Okay, so the idea of "relaxing" by the beach is a lovely fantasy. In reality, I'm going to buy that book (or several books – I'm weak, I know), I'm going to find a semi-comfortable spot, maybe a bench, maybe just the curb, and I'm going to lose myself.
- The Bookstore: This is the portal. It's the place where I don't think about traffic, or the existential dread of adulthood, or the fact that I probably should have brought laundry detergent. It's just me, the smell of old paper, and the promise of a good story. I'll wander, I'll browse, I'll probably judge people based on their reading choices (shhh, don't tell anyone).
- The Sun-Dappled Spot: Okay, it's not going to be perfect. The wind might be gusting, a kid will kick a ball near me, but I'll find a spot. Maybe I'll even find a park bench that isn't covered in bird droppings.
- The Escape: This is what really matters. That feeling when you're completely absorbed in the story, when the world around you fades away, when you're in the book… That's the reason I travel. That fragile, beautiful moment of peace. That's the memory I'll cling to.
Rodeway Inn Waterford: Your Perfect CT Getaway Awaits! (…Maybe?) FAQ
Okay, So... Is this Rodeway Inn REALLY "Waterford's Best Kept Secret"? Or just... a Rodeway Inn?
Alright, let's be honest. "Best Kept Secret" is a stretch. I've stayed at a *lot* of places, and while this Rodeway Inn isn’t exactly the Ritz (thank goodness for that!), it's… serviceable. Think of it like that reliable, slightly worn-out old pair of jeans you love. They’re comfortable, you trust them, and you won’t cry if they get a little… well, used. It's good for a quick getaway, a stopover, or if you're, you know, on a budget. Don't expect marble floors, folks. But you *might* get a decent night's sleep. Maybe.
What's the deal with the breakfast situation? Free, right? And... good?
Free breakfast is correct. Now, "good" is… subjective. Let's just say it fuels you. There’s usually a waffle maker (score!), some pre-packaged pastries (meh), and a selection of… well, the usual suspects. Instant oatmeal. Maybe some sad-looking fruit that’s seen better days. Don't build your culinary dreams around it. Think of it as a springboard to your adventures. Grab a waffle, some coffee, and RUN. You'll need the energy to explore Mystic!
I once watched a dad try to get a waffle out of the machine. It was stuck. He was wrestling with it for a good five minutes, muttering under his breath. His kids were just staring, faces a mix of boredom and impending chaos. Finally, he got it, and the waffle was… well, it looked like some kind of alien artifact. But he ate it. And that, my friends, is the Rodeway Inn Waterford breakfast experience in a nutshell.
Rooms. Tell me about the rooms. Are they clean? Am I going to find… things?
Okay, let's address the elephant in the room (pun intended, possibly). Cleanliness varies. It's not always pristine. It’s… functionally clean. I’ve never found anything horrifying, but I always do a quick sweep of the sheets and the bathroom, you know? Just in case. They seem to be trying, bless their hearts.
One time, I was staying there, and the remote control had seen better days. Let’s just say the buttons were a little sticky. And there was a faint, lingering aroma of… something. I can’t quite put my finger on it. But, hey, the bed was comfy enough, and the AC worked. That's a win in my book (especially in Connecticut summers). Just lower your expectations a tad, and you'll be fine.
**Pro-Tip:** Bring your own Clorox wipes. Just in case.
The Location: Is it Convenient? What's Nearby?
Location is actually pretty decent! You're near I-95, which is both a blessing and a curse. Easy access, but the traffic can be… a thing. You're also a short drive from Mystic, which is a MUST-SEE. Go to the Mystic Seaport, eat some lobster rolls (expensive, but you gotta!), and soak in the charm. The Waterford Speedbowl is nearby if you're into racing (I'm not really, but hey, to each their own). And there are a bunch of restaurants and stores close by, so you won't starve to death.
One time I was desperately craving a late-night pizza and thankfully, there was a Domino's like, a five-minute drive away. Saved my life. Seriously.
What about the Staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or… well, let’s just say “present”?
The staff… well, they're usually there. They aren't always wildly enthusiastic, but, honestly, I appreciate it. You know what I mean? I don't need a song and dance. I just need a functioning key card and a vaguely cheerful "have a good day." And they usually deliver. I've never had a *terrible* experience. They seem… tired, sometimes. But hey, who isn't in the hospitality industry?
Once, I had a problem with my TV. I called the front desk, and a guy came up to my room within minutes. He fiddled with it for a bit, couldn't get it working, and just gave me a new room key. Problem solved! No muss, no fuss. That's the kind of efficiency I appreciate.
Okay, Final Verdict: Should I Stay Here?
Look, if you're looking for luxury, this ain't it. If you're imagining a spa weekend, look elsewhere. But if you need a clean, affordable place to crash while you explore the highlights of Southeastern Connecticut (and you’re not particularly fussy), the Rodeway Inn Waterford will do the trick. It's not glamorous. It's not fancy. It's not… perfect. But it's functional. And sometimes, that's all you need. Just go in with realistic expectations, pack some wipes, and be prepared to make your own fun. And maybe bring a coffee maker if you're REALLY serious about your caffeine. Ultimately? It’s a solid B-. Could be better, could be much, much worse.
Is there a pool? And if so, is it… gross?
Yes, there *is* a pool! It's outdoors. And… okay, look. I haven’t personally braved the pool. Let’s just say I’m not exactly a pool person in general. I have a feeling it’s seen better days. I've *seen* it. And I've seen a lot of… activity... around it. Kids screaming, splashing, general aquatic chaos. If you're a pool person, you might find it… invigorating? Or maybe just… a pool. Use your own judgement here. I, personally, would stick to the ocean. Or maybe a nice, clean bathtub. Your mileage may vary.
I heard one family talking about how they spent the entire afternoon by the pool. Apparently, one of the kids did a belly flop that created a tidal wave. I was hiding in my room, watching Netflix. Much more my speed.